waywt? saved my life

sycamore no more

I'm happy with my 'pants game' (lol), sooo...dont even know what 'tee life' is.

im 6'1, 210lbs, 34 waist. im fat. there are nice pants that come in 34 waist but theyre often too skinny...

but really, now that we have a discussion going what sort of pants do you guys think would 'up my swag level'? are you talking about a certain type of fit? a label? a fabric? please elaborate, I'm all ears

luv joo, vampyvamperstein

Edited by Bogie

I'm happy with my 'pants game' (lol), sooo...dont even know what 'tee life' is.

im 6'1, 210lbs, 34 waist. im fat. there are nice pants that come in 34 waist but theyre often too skinny...

but really, now that we have a discussion going what sort of pants do you guys think would 'up my swag level'? are you talking about a certain type of fit? a label? a fabric? please elaborate, I'm all ears

your pants never have any break, highwater for life. 6'1 is tall, but not that tall. plus your "shoe game" is weak.

inb4 his ".... game" is weak too.

Edited by wahwho11

Personally I think the fit is solid--definitely not bad per se. Maybe people thought the dramatic lighting was pretentious? I dunno, it seems like the rule of thumb is: when in doubt, neg..

hmm guess no more using 365 pictures as fit pictures.

that fit is od navy

only the hat and ma-1 are navy, but it makes sense.

tumblr_lv0mbb7X0m1r3hwleo1_500.gif

damn are u really as tall as me, i thought u were shorter for some reason...

I just think you should wear looser pants and not pointy boots is all.

for sure. I have some baggier cut stuff in my repertoire, but I guess I have a personal preference for slimmer pants more often; it tends to go better with the proportions of my tops. and regarding the shoes, I do like sleek shoes that go with small hems, but I also have other styles in my wardrobe.

your pants never have any break, highwater for life. 6'1 is tall, but not that tall. plus your "shoe game" is weak.

inb4 his ".... game" is weak too.

correct, I am not a fan of stacks or breaks. They just look sloppy on me. I've seen stacks executed well, though, so I'm only speaking about myself personally.

I will try and help you in a short paragraph. Stop with the carrot pants. They don't do any justice for your frame and probably bring down all of your fits. Since your height to weight ratio is balanced, wear pants that hit at the heel not the ankle. Cropped stuff will look bad unless you drop some lbs. Straight leg denim. Buy some fuckin 501's and rock the shit out of them. Taper them a bit from the knee down to get the hem at like 7.75" inches or so, will probably look better unless you are wearing chunkier shoes. Try not to buy anymore pants that are too tight in the thigh. Give your xmas hams some breathing room. I tend to stick with 501 style jeans because I hate painted thighs, not only the feeling but the look. If you want to up your fashun game get LVC or Our Legacy. Shit is perfect for average du's like us. Stop wearing thrift leather shoes. They look like garbage and totally kill all your fits. Buy a basic pair of shoes, lowtop doc martens all black, LL bean bucks in brown, any suede oxfords in a non-offensive colorway WITHOUT A POINTY TOE. I don't get the motivation behind wearing such slim footed jawns. They look weird in all your fits. Stick to the rounder more bulbous classic toebox, it will go better with your build. Finally, stop trying to blend aesthetics. Nothing looks weirder than vintage thrifter with a mix of tech ninja paratrooper. If you are going for a fit, try and execute a style that is pretty homogenous. It is hard to create a sense of style when you lack an identity. Pulling from multiple areas can be a good thing, but only if done tastefully.

ok, where to start. I appreciate the time you took to give me a thoughtful answer and I think you have some valid points. However, there are some contradictions in your comment. you say to stop with the carrot cuts, but you basically described a carrot/taper cut when you told me to get some 501's and to taper them...am I interpreting this wrong? I will admit though that I have been moving towards pants with more room in the thighs.

regarding inseam length, most of my pants hit at my heel, not my ankles. I have a single pair of chinos that I cropped to my ankles, the rest are heel length or longer.

regarding shoes, in my current rotation of like 12 or so leather shoes/boots, only 3 are thrifted. and although I have a few boots with pointy toes, I have a bunch that don't...I have docs, I have a pair of bucs, I have suede oxfords, F+B, some work boots, etc. all those have that rounder toe you're talking about.

and lastly, can you show me where I did some egregious blending of aesthetics? really. i feel like my fits are fairly cohesive, so I'd like to see an example of what you're talking about. you know, for the sake of me learning!

My biggest beef is your fucking (lack of) haircut

i know, i know. it's been bad lately. I realized it was because I've been parting my hair the wrong way since my haircut. sorta a long story but it should look more presentable in the fits to follow.

and one last note, I think one thing that is also really killing my fits is the photo quality. you guys assume I'm always wearing these pointy ass shoes, but in several of the fits I've posted on here I have on a more classic round toebox. but the photo quality doesn't really allow you to distinguish this.

ok, where to start. I appreciate the time you took to give me a thoughtful answer and I think you have some valid points. However, there are some contradictions in your comment. you say to stop with the carrot cuts, but you basically described a carrot/taper cut when you told me to get some 501's and to taper them...am I interpreting this wrong? I will admit though that I have been moving towards pants with more room in the thighs.

regarding inseam length, most of my pants hit at my heel, not my ankles. I have a single pair of chinos that I cropped to my ankles, the rest are heel length or longer.

regarding shoes, in my current rotation of like 12 or so leather shoes/boots, only 3 are thrifted. and although I have a few boots with pointy toes, I have a bunch that don't...I have docs, I have a pair of bucs, I have suede oxfords, F+B, some work boots, etc. all those have that rounder toe you're talking about.

and lastly, can you show me where I did some egregious blending of aesthetics? really. i feel like my fits are fairly cohesive, so I'd like to see an example of what you're talking about. you know, for the sake of me learning!

501's with less than an inch taper (going from about 8.25" to 7.75") does not look carrot in the slightest. It gives the illusion of a more straight leg look because it is a slim/straight look all the way down. Then if your pants hit at your heel, they should probably be longer. Still too short I guess. Start wearing the docs and bucks in your fits, I don't understand the love for thrifted looking loafers. Most fits you've posted are all over the place. Let's take your latest fit since I am too lazy to backtrack. The shirt and tee combo is a little bit more contemporary, add in a techy looking backpack and you'd expect something a little similar on the bottom half. Instead what you are stuck with is a bottom half thats pretty #menswear. If you had some baggier pants, *sagged a bit for once!*, then threw in some hiking boots like danners, rw's, virgils, or even some chunkier sneakers it would balance out. Maybe try your outlier jawns with that fit and some different shoes, and maybe it'll look more cohesive. Contrary to popular opinion, most of the time people try to show sock in a regular fit, it looks like trash. Leave the sockpeep fits to waywt shoe edition.

yes, I am on sf and I have a little bit of conflict with members there but really not nearly as much as I do here. but when I first started going there it was similar. people always love to haze the newcomers...especially when they put up resistance to the patronizing. that's one of the many reasons why I didnt join a frat; i'm not gonna bend over and take it so some chumps (who probably wouldn't have friends be it not for the frat) can feel good about themselves.

i was banned at SF too, because people thought I was a troll. but I'm not, and my current account there has been active for a year or so.

but one last thing, vampy. it's obvious that you got a lot of clout around these parts and i've seen some of your fits and I like them, so i guess it's deserved. but your hate for me extends beyond my fits and this is evidenced by your unfriendly remarks in misc musings a while back. is it reasonable for you to take your personal beef with me and go and blindly neg 95% of my posts?

be a bigger man than that, figuratively speaking of course...

Edited by Bogie

bogie, i almost (almost, not quite) feel bad for you. everybody always picking on you.if only there was a place on the internet that you could get some respect. don't give up on your dream though. maybe someday you"ll get that e-love. sorry goober. unfortunately today is just not that day. today you get your daily dose of neg rep.

Edited by tarokyama

bogie the biggest problem is that you don't listen to people who have a better sense of what works and what doesn't. how do you imagine to have better judgement of a game that you have just started playing?

take some advice and put it into action - then self reflect whether or not it's working for you. if i t doesn't and you still gravitate towards your usual inane fits then i recommend you just leave and spare yourself some grief

heres another inane fit from yours truly. not sure where to post this, but this is supertrash after all. this yellow jacket is a diy project, I still need to do some work to the shoulders and change the buttons to black. i may also add one more button and curve the hem a bit so its longer in front than the back.

FmnbV.jpg

Edited by Bogie