macbook info

rabka

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can someone post a sorta official "how to set up Windows XP via Boot Camp on your computer so you can run Steam efficiently and easily" FAQ? I bought Left 4 Dead but I need to set up my MBP to be able to rock that shit.

halp

k.

Make sure you've got a legit(ish) copy of xp (service pack 2).

Load BootCamp. Pick a partition size (I recommend at least 15GB, more if you plan to run a few games).

Install XP as the installer tells you.

Format XP (I use NTFS).

Install drivers using Leopard disc included with the computer.

That should be pretty much it for the actual install of XP.

Once you've installed, load Left 4 Dead normally. Supposing you're running near at least the system minimums (like, not on one of the older white MacBooks) you should be good to go.

If you have issues with the graphics card (depending on which mac you have) there's a quick fix here: http://tinyurl.com/6yj7gm

I pretty much only ever boot into XP to play games (TF:2, L4D, Portal, etc). If you have any specific questions feel free to PM me.

okay, so i was thinking of adding windows BACK onto my mac... and i was talking to an unnamed undefined person about parallels and he showed me a lot better program called vmware fusion.

its fast, lean and lets you use vista or xp on a mac inside of a window, within os x. he demoed all the stuff you can do on it extensively.. and he GAVE me a copy of it...

PM me. thats all i can really say.

• 1 month later...

if you have a laptop go to some free wifi spots and torrent from there. It's pretty easy to get most of the adobe stuff and fc express, full final cut is huge so it takes a lot of time. there are also places where you can but any software for $50 but i'm not sure how reliable it is.

wheres a good place to go for mac info? I just got a MBP and am still trying to figure shit out.....like how to enlarge windows for safari, or how to find out how the system is running (think of task manager on PC)

also, fwiw, i have been using vuze for torrents and it is awesome, i would def. recommend

• 9 months later...

Anyone using SSX on their macs? Lately I have been unable to connect to the network and it's extremely frustrating. It's a well documented problem but there doesn't seem to be a solution for it just yet - hopefully someone here can solve it.

Alternatively, someone recommend me a good client to connect to the soulseek network.

• 4 weeks later...
Does anyone have the hookups for some software? I’m at school & can’t risk torrenting right now, but I desperately need some programs. Looking for final cut pro/express, dreamweaver, flash, and newest photoshop (not as vital).

Are you still interested i have the whole adobe cs4 and i could show you how ppl crack it without torrents for......... education purposes of course though :)

wheres a good place to go for mac info? I just got a MBP and am still trying to figure shit out.....like how to enlarge windows for safari, or how to find out how the system is running (think of task manager on PC)

also, fwiw, i have been using vuze for torrents and it is awesome, i would def. recommend

download the program Istat:

http://www.apple.com/downloads/dashboard/status/istatpro.html

It'll put a widget in your dashboard that will tell you all the system info.

I hear some people like incase nylon backpacks. lots of people just get a good case and then use any backpack they want.

Sorry, should a been a bit more specific. I have an incase sleeve, I was just looking for some recommendations for back packs that I could fit a 17" macbook in, lugging it around in my messenger is killing my back