virdi anne SS07

xcoldricex

yeah, it's funny, cuz going through this line of thread and SZ i feel like i'm so behind b/c i really don't love all the cloak/julius/CCP/etc that everyone in here and over there seem to love. So i guess that's why i like this stuff, its just so timeless.

thing is, i don't think that's what they are going for. if i want timeless i'd look elsewhere. VA sells to the people that like the aforementioned brands- and when you compare them to VA....VA just seems too simple- they're not really doing much with what they're producing (save a few pieces). Then again, that's probably what attracts you to it. Different strokes i guess.

I liked the F/W coats a ton, this I really don't like. They all look like Slash, which is an awful thing.

how could looking like slash be a bad thing? november rain was the bomb

thing is, i don't think that's what they are going for. if i want timeless i'd look elsewhere. VA sells to the people that like the aforementioned brands- and when you compare them to VA....VA just seems too simple- they're not really doing much with what they're producing (save a few pieces). Then again, that's probably what attracts you to it. Different strokes i guess.

yeah, you guys know way more about runway stuff than i do, so that's why you guys might be disappointed. But me not knowing any better, could be a tube sock and it's still new to me...how long have they been around?

Not feeling the collection as a whole but some pieces are definite standouts and with The Viridi-Anne you can at least have expectations of quality, although all labels have duds in that area.

I like the grey blazer in the second pic from the left, the flattened lapel definitely flies in the face of conventional lapel roll tailoring and the cutting appears to be quite sharp. The sixth outfit has a drapey shirt that hits the right balance of edginess and subtlety, an interesting counterpoint to Julius ultra-forward, harsh apocalyptic world draping.

As an aside one of my 2007 buys will definitely be a pair of casual black pants and The Viridi-Anne might be one of the labels I’ll be on the lookout. Others could include Gustavo Lins, Carpe Diem (highly unlikely although I like one of their old models), Julius, Raf Simons (yeah very different but still quite cool) and maybe Jil Sander if there’s something less dressy that’s available. Maybe I should start a black pants thread.