australia :: sydney :: shopping

dumadiscount

Melvin, Theres one a size 48 left in the black bomber jacket at tuchuzy,

but multiple sizes left in the grey double zip riding jacket.

I bought the bomber jacket in size 50 but i usually wear a 48 so these are quite snug, check it out, travis at tuchuzy is really cool and helpful..

JV: awesome jacket thanks heaps, and I'm glad to hear that you are doing well! I love supporting local labels!

There is actually two jackets in the collection that are made in Australia (the suede and velvet trimmed blazers), and they retail around $1400 at Fallow in Bris, but I wanted to keep the majority of the RRP under $1000, which couldn't be done at the quality level I was pushing for. Back when the AUD was sky high in 2008, it made sense to outsource.

The region in India I produce has a long history of leather production, lots of family owned businesses and experienced technicians. The company I use was actually an old customer of mine, buying Australian goat skins and sheep skins.

Now the AUD is lower, and looking at taking V&V to export markets, it's less cut and dry. Most of my competitors sell cheaper jackets for more than my own, which means there is some head room on the price, and more jackets may be produced here in the future - but nothing under $1000 AUD.

James Vincent, I bought your black bomber jakcet today!

fucking awesome...

I'm gonna return the filippa K one.

How are things going with your business as well???

Yeah I got a size 50 bomber from Tuchuzy, pretty tight but looks good.

I will post pics soon, blakey can you post pics as well? Maybe i shoulda sized up lol

50 (large) was the largest they had. I can zip mine up, but its tight as hell (may stretch?). Looks pro, but I probably would have gone up a size. I'll see what I can do about photos (don't have a camera at the moment).

edit: Oh look James replied, cool.

Hey guys,

I've got a question about international EMS packages.

I bought some boots on the supermarket back in febuary from a seller in Norway and he posted them insured with tracking etc.

I figured it would take 2-3 weeks max for them to get to Sydney and when i checked the tracking info online it said that the "parcel had arrived in destination country for import customs clearance" on the 15th of Feb. But after that - nothing. No customs notice or any word from Auspost or quarantine. I tried ringing all three places up and each of them claimed to never have recieved the parcel and pointed the finger at another department.

It's been almost 3 months and nobody can tell me where my EMS tracked parcel is.

Has anyone else had a similar experience/ know what I should do?

Cos the boots were expensive =(

Help would be appreciated!

Well it sounds like the seller fulfilled his end of the deal, so I would suggest a bit more sluething at your end. Call the postage company again and make sure they know that your parcel is listed as 'arrived', and ask them to find it - and if they try to pass the buck, get stuck in.

Similar situation just happened to my GF, Australia post said her parcel (express platinum no less) had been signed for by a 'C. Cassidy 'at the listed address (which is her work), but funnily enough there was no-one at her work with that name. Then, strangely enough, the parcel appears at the local post office and Australia post say that the parcel wasn't delivered becuase no-one was at the address - which is a load of crap because it was her work address which always has someone in the office. So it looked like they had been lying to cover their ass, and we were just lucky it showed up.

ben fit pic looks epic. not sure though about a white (formal) shirt underneath as the coat is pretty casual. Then again it could work. I would think a unbottoned white shirt layered with a low neckline top underneath could work, with the coat on top.