australia :: sydney :: shopping

dumadiscount

^Awesome. I bought a Saba suit from DJs about a month ago and I absolutely love it. I think I'll be looking more into their line sometime soon.

Our suits are always nice but I wasnt a big fan of what we had to offer this season apart from suiting and a few other pieces. Summer stuff is looking good though, sticking to basics and nice light fabrications for knitwear.

Is there any place in sydney that will tailor my jeans (I want to taper them)? or do I just bring them to any crappy mall tailor?

Oh also anyplace to tailor my suit, I need them taken in, not really after a bespoke suit place but something cheaper and not crap.

thanks

It's always best to go to a better tailor/alterer - i know a lot of people who have had bad experiences going to little mall tailors.

The place that I have had the best Experience with is 'Vlada Alterations' - I don't have the details but I'm sure they will be in the white pages - located on Elizabeth street from memory. Also the place in the Dymocks building on George st is usually good although they made a small mistake on my girlfriend skirt but they were quick to fix it and were very apologetic. I think its called 'City Wide' or something like that - I'm pretty sure they are a chain.

I tapered my regular ralphs at a local mall tailor. It wasn't the best job but it wasn't bad either. The guy didn't have the correct threads so he used ones that looked as close as the ones nudie uses.

So word of advice, try and find threads used by nudie. Tell them specifically what you want done and how it's done. If you have threads that don't look exactly like the ones nudie uses tell the tailor to redo the whole inseam. I told mine to taper from the knee down and now half of my inseam is thick orange nudie threads and the other half skinny orange/gold looking threads the tailor used.

i know this is a fashion forum etc. but i'm new in sydney and all and i was out last night at this mad bar.

anyone been to the Sky Lounge or 360 bar at centrepoint towers?

it's really nice plus it has great drinks and awesome service. very quiet on weekday nights [understandably] but i dont think its a place to be loud. could do with a nice quiet jazz band but hey, it's already pretty good.

plus it has the weirdest toilets in the world.

potential sydney sufu meet up?

I can't believe that this thread has been kept alive for this long. I mentioned a sufu meetup earlier but there was no responses. I'm too lazy to organise anything but if someone else wants to do it, I'm in.

Yeah I can't beleive it either... are we just superbored compared to other sufu members in the world? Most of my time on here is during work hours or when I should be doing college work.

I second that I don't want to plan it but I will be there.

might not have a issue with dior homme stuff anymore ladies and gents!

http://www.assin.com.au/

check it out. it's melbourne based.

i know sizing and all might be a problem. isnt it unfair how melbourne has one and sydney doesnt? so we could order online.

however... if you click around, they're accepting positions for aug 2008 where assin PADDINGTON opens.

sooo i guess we might have a DH stockist after all. although its more than a year away.

The Sydneysider with the most rep should plan it. Apu thats you.... sorry.

mmm.. so what sort of gathering r u guys after

meal? drinks? or simply a coffee/cake in a nice cafe?

let me know the following:

your most convinient time/location

wat sorta 'activities' u'd like

etc..

just post here in da thread