dumadiscount

australia :: sydney :: shopping

Anyone heard of udon joint Mappen on George St.?

Been going a lot the last couple of months.

tasty as fuck/cheap as chips

I've been going since week 1. haven't been recently though as all those carbs can't be good for me :D

I noticed they stopped doing the zucchini and onion tempura, what have they been offering?

Anyone heard of udon joint Mappen on George St.?

Been going a lot the last couple of months.

tasty as fuck/cheap as chips

yeah, i think it's related to the menya ramen family. pretty dope.

quiet pre xmas sale at assin on ann d, undercover and some lanvin. hit me up if u want anything. real sale starts after xmas sometime but sizes will be gone.

does anyone have recommendation where to grab a military parka with military pattern on it? Checked Cream at Crown st for some vintage ones but got nothing ..

how much for guys haircut homme.homme?

I always go to desmond & molly jones albion st

I'm going to Dubai in a couple of days and I'm planning to check out Zara for some formal shoes and a suit. Can anyone tell me what the quality is like?...is it worth it for the price, fit, material, etc?

Isnt zara coming here?

I got some work stuff from zara in hk last time i was there. Its lasted alright. Although most people say quality/materials isnt that great.

Dont think id get shoes though...

I've been to Desmond and Molly Jones but didn't really rate it. The customer service etc. was very good, but I got the impression that they were far more comfortable doing women (haircuts, obviously).

Isnt zara coming here?

I got some work stuff from zara in hk last time i was there. Its lasted alright. Although most people say quality/materials isnt that great.

Dont think id get shoes though...

Thanks for the infos. I have a feeling that zara prices like everything else here will be inflated as fuck.

Unless for sloppy t-shirts to wear to the beach or lounge around at home, or the very basics, I don't touch Zara. You get what you pay for - low quality, ill-fitting, cheap-looking. Especially true for work wear and shoes. Unless you want to look like some cheap graduate intern at work who bought a new outfit with minimum monetary output. Gees, shoes are just plasticcy nonsense.

I'm sure the Zara opening up in the Sydney CBD will be like in any other Zara that has opened up in developing countries around Asia. 2-3 seasons behind with inflated prices.

I was in Singapore and there were literally Zaras across from Zaras it is v. disconcerting

how much for guys haircut homme.homme?

I always go to desmond & molly jones albion st

a men's cut at barney martin is about 70-80 i think. don't remember exact cost.

I've been to Desmond and Molly Jones but didn't really rate it. The customer service etc. was very good, but I got the impression that they were far more comfortable doing women (haircuts, obviously).

If you got short hair, go with elliot.

He's desmond n molly jones short hair expert.

Just got my hair cut at some barber in North Sydney as I was pressed for time. Worst decision of my life. I look like a complete twat now.

Are all stores going to have boxing day sale on the 26th? I just bought vans x filson shoes and suddenly i got this feeling that its going to be cheaper on sunday ..

i'm planning my travels way early for 2011 and plan to stay in sydney for a couple about a week and a half in the middle of august of next year. so where exactly are the chillest locations to stay?

surry hills or darlinghurst will put you in the centre of the action, but if you want a good hotel you'll need to stay in the CBD.

Yeah, I agree with Dansta. Surry Hills or Darlinghurst is where the fun is at, but the CBD is a better home base IMO and the hotels are nicer. And of course it is really easy to either walk or get a bus out to the city fringe.

^ oh yea, didnt read that you were here for a holiday - if you're not living here long term, then CBD is definately the way to go.

Not that I ever go there, but Bondi would be pretty chill for an overseas visitor in summer. Definitely Surry Hills/CBD otherwise.

anyone went crazy over boxing day? went to supply .. that place was packed as hell ..