dumadiscount

australia :: sydney :: shopping

wow good to hear.. still yet to check the place out.. be good to handle some IS pieces irl for the first time

will be in LA in a month so im sure ill get a taste at Sartorialoft though..

if anyone got any "must do/see/eat" in LA get at me if u can

j, this guy can be fucking wank but he covers most of the great socal fine dining locations: kevinEats

hey guys.... can anyone recommend a decent tailor for tailoring suits? I'm hoping for around 40-50 a shirt

thanks

hey guys.... can anyone recommend a decent tailor for tailoring suits? I'm hoping for around 40-50 a shirt

thanks

tailoring suits or shirts?

The price for suits depends on what you need to get done. Shirts on the other hand is easy anyone can do it.

I'm after just shirts, mostly work shirts... can you recommend any superhero? I live along the north shore if that helps

Hi guys, damn, its been a while since my last post. Anyway, im thinking to sell 2 brand new items, before i hit supermarket i thought i give you guys a heads up in case some of you might interested.

A filson backpack $315 (definitely less than retail price here)

pFILSON1-2231592p275w.jpg

and an Assos slip on shoes, size 9 but more like 9.5-10 $66

image3xl.jpg

both not included postage.

Send me email to [email protected] for more details and pics.

i barely check my message here.

just a heads up for the aus peeps before i post it up on the market:

For Sale:

Olympus E-620 with 14-42mm lens and 40-150mm lens - 1 year warranty remaining

- used for 1 month

- brand new condition

$850

cheersssssssss

Hey what is this "Pieces" Store in Sydney? Never heard of it any details?

Joe, it got renamed Pathway but somehow remained as Pieces on many labels websites. It's located at the back entrance (opens out towards Dixon St) of Regal Arcade on Sussex St in the fringes of Chinatown.

They don't have a web presence AFAIK, I chat with the more enthusiastic/friendly SA whenever he's around and I'm in the area though, is there anything in particular you want to know?

Nope just hadn't heard of it at all and thought i had a decent idea about most AU stores :) good to know there is a presence in sydney

I'm not sure if any of the Sufu Sydney people have bought something from there, I know many have visited at least once. They seem to do OK for a store that measures 25 square meters or something smallish.

It's a great looking store, with some priced gear that seems to be fair relative to Australian prices.

Usually has a bunch of guys, dressed better than Glamaz Men.

Went to Shady Pines tonight, great place. Apple juice and Rye is a good drink! Get there early though, they max out at 75 people, and wont budge for anything.

Went down to Tokyo Bike on the opening day last saturday. The bikes look decent, some 8 speeds and fixies. I think they are priced from around $900

Ate at Rockpool Bar and Grill the other day. The steaks are out of this world. Its as if they came from a completely different animal when compared to what you normally get elsewhere. Highly recommended, though not cheap.

did you try any of the side dishes? I think I actually enjoyed our sides more than my main...I didn't order steak (I ordered the chicken) but I tried some of my gf's steak and it was unreal. The next time I go back, I'm definitely ordering the steak

Yeah tried some sides, like the peas with mint and poached egg (awesome), the home cut chips, onion rings, and some other stuff. You are right though, the sides are very good.

Edit: I currently walk to work, it's a 30min walk, so right on the cusp of 'annoyingly long', and have been toying with the idea of getting a bike, or something else ('69 vesper, triumph scrambler). I like the idea of riding, but couldn't be effed getting chaged at work etc. etc. does anyone actually ride in their work clothes?

I also want a badass looking bike, like this:

shockerbike.jpg

OK, maybe not quite so badass, something like this maybe:

DSC02730.jpg

I've once seen a well dressed middle aged man ride his bike in work clothes. It looked good.

I ride to work most days, it's a 11km one way trip which ends up taking around 25-30mins each way on a single speed (I take the long way). imo you could get away with riding in your work clothes if it only takes 30mins to walk. I, on the other hand have to get changed.. and yes it is quite fucking annoying. particularly when it's ultra hot or raining. that being said I would definitely recommend it, especially if there isn't too many hills around your area - if there is then get geared bike or you will sweat for sure.

that's a fair ride Sam, wouldn't mind riding to work either but it would be a long and not particularly pleasant ride from my place. just wondering, did you end up copping the _7 boston backpack? back doesn't get sweaty with a leather backpack?

nothing is as badass as a pink barbie bike with tassles, training wheels and a basket.

barbie-girls-bike-1.jpg

be the envy of all your workmates.

i was going to suggest skateboarding in a suit, but that is WAY cooler.