dumadiscount

australia :: sydney :: shopping

yeah melvin looks like it.

does anyone have any photoshoot experience? Looking to get some product shots done for my store. PM for me for details.

I went to that store when it was the 'Our Spot' pop up store. Really nice little space, with a funny impromtu change room.

Good to see he is stocking Claud Maus.

strange to see theyre stocking Cloak Room pieces, considering there was fairly fresh Cloak Room spot recently opened in Sydney..

nice to see a Brisbane label grow anyway...

Visited One of a Kind today and chatted to Dion for a bit. Pretty cool little space he has there.

The designer stuff mentioned in the email are going to be second hand pieces. Claude Maus wasn't stock and will be arriving in the next few weeks.

Went to Mizuya Japanese restaurant and Karaoke on Saturday night. Awesome place. Went with about 25 people and had a great night. Minimum spend of $40 per person, but after you eat and drink your fill, this turns out to be great value (3 hrs or so). The drinks are well priced ($7 japanese beers, $5.50 mixed drinks), great service (all touch screen ordering) and nice fit out. I was too drunk to give a proper review on the food - everything tastes good after that many drinks.

I believe the room rental prices are 'opening specials', so I reccommend you check it out before the prices go up. The place was very busy.

thanks ivan, it gives me hope....

am i bored of sydney or is this city just dead

The city is indeed dead. Taken over by the zombie douchebag holocaust .

But seriously if overeseas peeps come here to vist and go whats good ? im always like....um

I normally run out of steam after Darling Harbor -> Fish Markets -> Chinatown -> Hyde Park -> Woolloomooloo -> Botanic Gardens -> Opera House -> The Rocks. Probably Bondi and The Gap too. But yeah nightlife and stuff, really bad vibe.

Sup sydneysiders? In town for the weekend and up for suggestions on any bars, clubs, sales, exhibitions etc worth scoping out.

Edit: just read the last couple of posts so thats kinda killed my hopes.

^ haha Quiver dont let them kill your vibe... what places you looking for? bars u can have a meal? bars for drinking all night? pretentious bars?

unpretentious drinking holes where people are just out to have a good time, preferably close to clubs(s) in a similar vain (fri or sat night)

the hotel's in the city (market st.) and not looking to venture out too far (whatever far means in sydney)

I heard there was a new whiskey bar just off oxford street in Darlinghurst. Anyone got any details?

blah blah blah sound familiar A? heard about it last week... plan on checking it out over teh next few weeks will let you know

that looks the goods man. def going to check it out.

p.s. don't blow the spot too hard. haha. don't want kids with flat brimmed caps rocking up.

edit: oh, and as far as bars/clubs go, I still can't go past Vegas Lounge.

dropped by Pathway today, they have the Julius SS10 moto in size 1 for 3200, bunch of other things as well. Told me they will be carrying Individual Sentiments and Boris Bidjan Saberi "soon" which could mean any amount of time for the store :D

looks promising.. hope it lives up to our hopes

haha you're right... edited!:D

havent checked vegas lounge out.. much beer selection? what u normally drink?

been staying away from cross, always end up blowin my money somewhere

dropped by Pathway today, they have the Julius SS10 moto in size 1 for 3200, bunch of other things as well. Told me they will be carrying Individual Sentiments and Boris Bidjan Saberi "soon" which could mean any amount of time for the store :D

wow good to hear.. still yet to check the place out.. be good to handle some IS pieces irl for the first time

will be in LA in a month so im sure ill get a taste at Sartorialoft though..

if anyone got any "must do/see/eat" in LA get at me if u can