australia :: sydney :: shopping

dumadiscount

Derek, is the blog down at the moment? Getting a database error. We still need a venue for superfuture dinner/drinks on the 16th! Any suggestions?

blog's hosting expired - moving it to a new one so it'll be up within 48 hours after all the converting stuff. I'll get back to you guys on a venue on the 16th :) I heard Red Oak is pretty good...it's octoberfest too so Bavarian/Belgium/Lowenbrau for some pork knuckle goodness...

had dim sum at zilver today. huuuuge let down. vastly overrated and not as good as marigold imo. and i think it was more $$$ too.

Zilver has gone to the dogs for some time now. Super long queues and some of the highest prices in the city for yum cha for mediocre food and (even for a Chinese restaurant) service. I should give Marigold a try sometime, people keep making me drag my ass all the way out to Rhodes Phoenix for yum cha.

marigold has been my staple yum cha for a while. consistent food and prices and can usually avoid having to wait. also location is central for meeting friends. when its just the gf and I, we have recently discovered greenwood chinese seafood or whatever its called at north sydney just up the street from us and the quality is great.

try

Fedele D

Address: 66 King St, Sydney, NSW, 2000

Phone number: (02) 92994744

next to red eye records on level 5

I got my NDG suit and shirts done there, was recommended by the owner of ourspot to use them as he told me they do alternations for robby ingham i think.

they did a fantastic job on my shirts and suit. decent pricing aswell.

Can anyone recommend a good tailor to alter some shirts? I've got a NDG and BoO shirt which I'd like to fit better but I'm nervous giving $300+ shirts to any old tailor...

try

Fedele D

Address: 66 King St, Sydney, NSW, 2000

Phone number: (02) 92994744

next to red eye records on level 5

I got my NDG suit and shirts done there, was recommended by the owner of ourspot to use them as he told me they do alternations for robby ingham i think.

they did a fantastic job on my shirts and suit. decent pricing aswell.

That's a good rec..:D Thanks...

had dim sum at zilver today. huuuuge let down. vastly overrated and not as good as marigold imo. and i think it was more $$$ too.

homme, I only like Zilver for dinner, never for yumcha. Regal restaurant is great for yumcha.

I like Marigold and East Ocean as well for CBD yumchas.

The worst yumcha in Sydney would have to be Golden Harbour, the experience is not traditional, and the menu is made for Caucasians (no offence).

Sorry jbone, missed this post... If I'm feeding myself I usually swing for curries (Indian, Thai). I throw more dinner parties than I do eat out, but cuisine wise, there isn't much I don't like.

Launch party in Sydney is going to be December or January now, I just confirmed we got a place at the (capsule) trade show in NY this coming January - so a lot of our effort has been put into getting our northern-hemisphere jackets up to scratch.

Start with mildly classy, and we'll see which way it goes from there...

np JV... & youve just nominated yourself as chef/host for next meetup :D

lol, I am in favor of this option.

lulz second that

good to see theres a fairly big crew going already