australia :: sydney :: shopping

dumadiscount

I went to pick up my shirt from Nakhle and it was far from what I consider slim. I understand why he cut it the way he did, but my priorities differ to his.

The fabric is excellent, but it appears quite different on a shirt then in a book of swatches. It's not what I envisaged.

It's really no ones fault. We simply didn't connect. I thought we did, but no.

I still hold Charles in the highest regard, but I feel that to achieve what I want would require too much direction.

I pointed out what I didn't like about the fit and Charles is making the alterations.

I've payed but I don't want to head all the way out to Parramatta to pick it up. I'm tempted to call him and tell him to put it in the St Vinnies bin. Three bill lesson, and three bills of karma.

So I've returned to Herringbone.

I can deal with the few fit niggles. At least the direction is one that I share.

Hey guys

heading to Sydney next week for a few days, been spending a bit too much lately so don't really have any spending money, but am prepared to max my credit card if I come across any amazing deals.

I wouldn't have any chance of any of the infamous Ksubi or CoN sample sales happening in Sydney the weekend of 3rd and 4th of October would I? Or of any good stores (I'll refer to the previous pages for a guide I suppose!?) having mean sales on at the moment would I?

Thank you very much for any help!

Hey guys, where to pick up dress/work pants for not too expensive... I'm thinking about going to the herringbone outlet to pick up some pants for $110 which used to retail for $300

anywhere else with nice fitting, business appropriate wear?

Country road sale today fir members.

mannnnn.. another recommendation for counter burger.

the burger was fairly good, i only had like the most basic one, but the peanut butter & malt milkshake i had was amazzzzzzzzing.

the onion rings or whatever they're called are the business also.

^ whats the location? I'll have to check it out soon.

I rate the burgers at Grill'd in Crows Nest. The chips with rosemary & salt there are also some of the best I've ever eaten.

118 Willoughby Road

It's the major food/shopping street in Crows Nest, can't really miss it since they have vertical banners hanging from the street lamps.

ate at wildfire on monday. not bad. poor menu choice on my part but besides that all good.

shit i want counter burger now. recommendation for anyone going get a basic burger but try all the fries and get a shake.

not going to parklife. fuck festivals. even a good line up doesn't coax me to them. miss kittin & the hacker and zombie nation playing stereosonic almost did though. hoping for sideshow.

mannnnn.. another recommendation for counter burger.

the burger was fairly good, i only had like the most basic one, but the peanut butter & malt milkshake i had was amazzzzzzzzing.

the onion rings or whatever they're called are the business also.

peanut butter & malt milkshake is so thick ... i can't go any larger than a 300g paddy when i get a shake lol ><

onion strings are so crispy and addictive too!

dsc_0236.jpg

ate at wildfire on monday. not bad. poor menu choice on my part but besides that all good.

shit i want counter burger now. recommendation for anyone going get a basic burger but try all the fries and get a shake.

not going to parklife. fuck festivals. even a good line up doesn't coax me to them. miss kittin & the hacker and zombie nation playing stereosonic almost did though. hoping for sideshow.

my friend's brother opted for the 750g burger .... it was impressive on the eyes to say the least

dsc_0243.jpg

btw we've blogged it a few times if anybody wants to check it out:

http://www.herecomesthefood.com.au/eating-out/the-counter-burger-crows-nest-sydney.html

http://www.herecomesthefood.com.au/eating-out/the-counter-burger-crows-nest-sydney-round-2-ding-ding.html

http://www.herecomesthefood.com.au/eating-out/the-counter-burger-crows-nest-sydney-3.html

i have been to counter burger.

the quality of the burger itself is ok. price wise, i'm not sure its worth it. the mince is decent, they use angus. but the choice of toppings etc is one big fucking gimmick imo. but im old school when it comes to burgers so if you want your sun dried tomatoes with avocadoes and habanero peppers, go ahead. the bread is ok, no big deal. if you order the 300g and up, it's no longer a burger. it's a mince patty with sides and bread on a plate cos you'll need a knife and fork.

shakes are decent. thick, sweet, american style. decent size as well. they should probably use another cup but it's quite alright in my book. best thing they've got, even if you can still taste the powderyness of the malt flavoring they add.

i never knew they were there though. the place is colored same as the building it's in and the signage isn't the most visible. easy to miss if you're walking past.

i reckon for $10, you'll get a much better burger from plan B in town. or for $8 a decent one in manly's benbry burgers.