australia :: sydney :: shopping

dumadiscount

I went to Supply again today and was unimpressed. Boring, overpriced stuff IMO.

But I guess I am wearing less and less "street wear" type clothes these days.

I have to agree. Nothing in Supply caught my eye when I was there yesterday. Feit shoes looked ok, but I really didn't see a colourway / style combo that I liked enough to wear - the huge FEIT on the back of most of them annoyed me no end.

Sydney shopping is pretty good. Much better then Brisbane where I previously lived - though I do miss Harbourtown and make a point of going there whenever I'm up in Brisbane. Digging through the David Jones outlet for the few gems is great fun.

Ourspot would probably be my favourite shop at the moment because I'm a sucker for Rittenhouse - really love their clothes.

I to am very sick of the usual Stussy / Zoo York / Mossimo / etc that seems to be stocked everywhere. I have real trouble finding reasonably priced well made clothes that don't have any logos or huges prints. I like Marcs basics because they fit me well but you really have to wait until they are on sale (which is fairly often) because the t-shirts aren't worth $40.

Does anyone know a place in Sydney that has a good selection of Marc Jacobs?

apu: coterie is near the mobil on oxford st, near the lights.

i went in today, they only really have iron army and cheap monday jeans. their obesity and speed t's are on sale tho not really my thing.

othy: incu are the only place i know of that have marc by marc jacobs but not much of it, david jones used to carry it, no one carries mainline.

I have real trouble finding reasonably priced well made clothes that don't have any logos or huges prints. I like Marcs basics because they fit me well but you really have to wait until they are on sale (which is fairly often) because the t-shirts aren't worth $40.

Check out Saba. Often overlooked.

thinking to get my next pair of denim.

i copped the imperial kings awhile ago.

wondering whats available in sydney for what price. anyone got the scoop on things?

i know there's APC, nudies, but any other recommendations? prices and availability locations would be extremely helpful thanks.

If your after a range of stuff to try on, try the denim shop on oxford st next to gstar. the guys nice and u can play pinball while ur girl tries em on :)

umm, from memory they had edwin, earnest sewn, cheap monday, LVC, superfine and some others

last time i checked belinda carry acne, ann demeulemeester and margiela jeans.

somedays have all the swedish brands, dr denim, maria westerlind etc

I reckon SABA has been overlooked as well. They usually make decent stuff. Only seen them at DJ's though, do they have a flagship store?

Yeah, in Sydney, its down the bottom of Myer near Morrissey / Peter Alexander / etc.

Like everyone else I'm also looking for a skinny dior inspired suit for an event I have coming up - any ideas in sydney? I've tried on a nice one in Calibre but it had peak lapels with some odd stitching - that and it was called their "Rockstar" model which left a sour taste in my mouth.

othy: Try Monza on Walker St, near the corner of Pacific Hwy in North Sydney, they carry Versace and Hugo Boss suits to name a few and can tailor them to your needs.

What did you think of Saba? I remember seeing a very nice suit there about 2 years ago.

---

On another note, I'm on the way home now from checking out the Myer Men's week sale.

What a big waste of time that was. I didn't realise how bad Myer is compared to DJs.

I wanted to buy a wallet and the best they could muster was Oroton/Country Road.

Saba is okay I reakon. Most of the mens' garments are a bit ordinary IMO. Kind of stuff you can get in Myer or DJ's at most of the counters. Having said that, their cardis looked pretty good and some of the dressier stuff had decent cuts.

The womens stuff, for interests sake, was quite tasteless. They are well on this 60's print/ cut look that many people are trying to push but customers are still staying away from.

There are some decent shops in that little section. However the ratio for women to menswear is like 8:2. I was impressed with OJAY (women) and Calibre.

hm don't mind calibre suiting at all, although they are very 'seasonal'.

im visiting sydney again in a couple weeks. gonna hit up the usual spots, footage, another, our spot... what else is good in the city/surry hills/paddo....

checked out incu last time and was underwhelmed

heyy.. any sydney siders know where i can get a black skinny tie? i need it by tomorrow night.. haha hopefully someone sees this

Try any of the stores in Paddington or Surry Hills on Oxford St.

Or you may get lucky and find one at any goth/emo boutiques.

Try any of the stores in Paddington or Surry Hills on Oxford St.

Or you may get lucky and find one at any goth/emo boutiques.

Or you may get "lucky" in a "mens" store on Oxford street. ;)

I kill me.