australia :: sydney :: shopping

dumadiscount

LOL, most of the time i just sit out hving coffee with my mates, chatting, and none of my friends are denim freaks or into things that i like

the genericness of Sydney's shop is really boring me out, especially General Pants, Hype (although they do sometimes carry some cool stuff, but again the price tag kills me at an instant)

Yeah GP was awesome when I was in high school but has been somewhat lack lustre since obtaining decent fashion sense. I always have a look in hype but with all my recent visits any sneakers that I've liked have only been stocked in womens sizes.

Meh. I wouldn't mind starting a little whole in the wall denim shop... *dreams*

yea, Sydney has a lot of great bars and places to visit

but when u are not a person that goes out partying or clubbing or drinking every wkend, Sydney becomes a place where there isnt much to do, but to spend time with a few old gd mates

so true...

the genericness of Sydney's shop is really boring me out, especially General Pants, Hype (although they do sometimes carry some cool stuff, but again the price tag kills me at an instant)

definitely. i used to be into the whole GP thing but then because so many people went there, so often, you'd bump into someone wearing the same item as you. either the exact same one or in a different colour. not only that, you'd so be able to recognize something from GP if you were in there a day before.

yea, Sydney has a lot of great bars and places to visit

but when u are not a person that goes out partying or clubbing or drinking every wkend, Sydney becomes a place where there isnt much to do, but to spend time with a few old gd mates

yeah sydneys got a lotta nice bars and stuff. i used to be in melbourne but im studying here now, UNSW. melbourne clubbing shits on sydney's anyday [or at least so far] but i think sydneys got heaps of potential.

still, its not a bad place to live and the shoppings quite good.

regarding hole in the wall denim stores... i dont know man. people here seem pretty happy with the whole nudie/tsubi thing. so much so that its become boring and overdone.

thats what i reckon anyway. not that i hate on those labels or the people that wear them... just that they're so dime a dozen.

totally agree with u guy's posts

i live in the city and everyday i see ppl wearing Nudie jeans, especially thin finn bcos the backpockets are lower than usual, as well as the occasional ksubi jeans

i think wearing plain tees is the way to go here, lol

Hey Styles, what ya studying at UNSW, im over at that uni also :P

I gotta agree with that Gp and nudie thing. Ever since knowing about dry denim (hasnt been too long) and various brands associated, i see alot of nudies going round. Takes the special feeling outa wearing my jims haha. If i remember correctly at one time, the nudies were going off the shelves like broken glass at a shootout in GP down at Pitt St. :P.

yea, a friend of mine stopped wearing his nudies ever since they got real popular in UNSW

I also studied at UNSW and just finished end of last year, I think UNSW is rapidly turning into a Chinese/Asian university (not necessarily a bad thing, but more diversity adds to the fun of attending uni)

Hey Styles, what ya studying at UNSW, im over at that uni also :P

check PM! but im doing engineering anyway.

totally agree with u guy's posts

i live in the city and everyday i see ppl wearing Nudie jeans, especially thin finn bcos the backpockets are lower than usual, as well as the occasional ksubi jeans

i think wearing plain tees is the way to go here, lol

i dont live in city, just slightly outside. but every now and then, i do take a gander, dropping off at oxford st, and then proceeding to take a slow gallivant towards the city etc. see a lotta crazy stuff around here.

but every 2nd person at nights wearing tsubi's or nudies. its madd... i swear if you took out every pair of nudies, tsubis and levi's. people would be left with nothing. get some variety and individual behaviour people!

yea, a friend of mine stopped wearing his nudies ever since they got real popular in UNSW

I also studied at UNSW and just finished end of last year, I think UNSW is rapidly turning into a Chinese/Asian university (not necessarily a bad thing, but more diversity adds to the fun of attending uni)

wow. so many superfutur-ians studied at UNSW. hehe. anyone else notice that people around uni dress like shit? sure its uni, its meant for studying, but you DO come into close contact with people from other genders. its a bit like a social function in my opinion. wouldnt hurt to dress up a little bit. or put a bit of effort.

but yes its really asian. im from melbourne and stuff but UNSW is literally, 70, maybe 75-80% asian. im asian and stuff too so thats fine and i dont really feel outta place but i can see how it gets kinda dominated.

well, i used to live around uni, and after like 3 years in uni, u just get to the point that u no longer can be bothered to dress properly (i still do wear okay), ESPECIALLY if u study degrees like Science or Engineering, as most of the girls u meet are more interested into Microbiology or Java programming then the opp. gender

i went to the campus a few days ago to pick up my transcript and noticed the girls around Quad and law building to be overly dressed, which is not a bad thing but u know, we come to uni for education

i am also asian too and been here over 12 years, so i am also fine with all the other asian around, but i do like seeing some non-asain ppl, especially some blonde or brunette in my psychology class, etc LOL

haha i know what u mean apu, im in Science and man those chicks are totally in love with Microbiology :P UNSW is pretty much an asian wonderland, if you ever start at the top of the walk way and make your way down arnd lunch time, all you see is a sea of black heads lol.

Granted there are lots of of asians, those who are not are usaully pretty good on the eyes lol.

General Pants is our equivalent of Urban Outfitters, pretty much dictates what every kid wants to wear. Fucking sick to death of seeing everyone wearing the same shit.

Australian AA site?

i wonder wat the pricing is like

I'm interested to know as well but it'll probably be cheaper to get AA stuff off ebay which I've done in the past. I remember Incu charging something like $40 for a plain v-neck tee.

General Pants is our equivalent of Urban Outfitters, pretty much dictates what every kid wants to wear. Fucking sick to death of seeing everyone wearing the same shit.

I'm interested to know as well but it'll probably be cheaper to get AA stuff off ebay which I've done in the past. I remember Incu charging something like $40 for a plain v-neck tee.

Yeah incu were charging heaps. There is one Australian based online supplier for AA but their range is minimal and i worked out that it was about the same price to buy but from the USA/International website and pay the extra shipping.

The Nudie store used to sell AA aswell.. bit weird considering the places that nudie and AA come from couldn't be any more opposite. But they did have a decent price -$25 for henleys from memory.

Yeah i JUST found out that GP stocks nudie.. thus the giant influx in people wearing them in Sydney all of a sudden. I like that they are giving tsubi are run for their money now but it shits me. You could put fucking tarocash is GP and people would start buying it.

Yeah i JUST found out that GP stocks nudie.. thus the giant influx in people wearing them in Sydney all of a sudden. I like that they are giving tsubi are run for their money now but it shits me. You could put fucking tarocash is GP and people would start buying it.

The David Jones mens store in the city even stocks Nudie!

So true about the tarocash comment :o

david jones in the city has been stocking them long before anyone heard of them haha

I've never checked out the denim at DJ's on Market street - do they have any other decent denim besides Helmut Lang? They stock good clothes in my op - alot more appealing during sale time though, which reminds me they are going on sale in about a week or so.

Dragonfly which used to be in the strand arcade but no longer exists as far as I know started stocking nudies eons ago.

definitely. i used to be into the whole GP thing but then because so many people went there, so often, you'd bump into someone wearing the same item as you. either the exact same one or in a different colour. not only that, you'd so be able to recognize something from GP if you were in there a day before.

The funniest experience I've had is see my friend's (23) face drop when his uncle (late 30s/early 40s) rocks up in the same nudies as he was wearing.

well, i used to live around uni, and after like 3 years in uni, u just get to the point that u no longer can be bothered to dress properly (i still do wear okay), ESPECIALLY if u study degrees like Science or Engineering, as most of the girls u meet are more interested into Microbiology or Java programming then the opp. gender

heh. im still in 1st year so i guess i have that burning passion although i do agree with you. living up near todman avenue means that i wake up at 8.45 for a 9am class, take a 5minute shower and then pretty much race to uni, barely making it on time.

but i'll tell you one thing. UNSW girls are actually pretty decent, especially around the quad area.

haha i know what u mean apu, im in Science and man those chicks are totally in love with Microbiology :P UNSW is pretty much an asian wonderland, if you ever start at the top of the walk way and make your way down arnd lunch time, all you see is a sea of black heads lol.

Granted there are lots of of asians, those who are not are usaully pretty good on the eyes lol.

amen. it feels like im in a uni in asia or something. but you do get the occasional lookers though to be honest, ive yet to see an outstanding non-asian.

^^ and i dunno if thats because of the overwhelming population of asians desensitising my opinions on non asians :P .... probably is lol

heh. probably xP.