australia :: sydney :: shopping

dumadiscount

• 4 weeks later...

Yo, anyone alive in here?

'Something for Jess' cafe in Chippendale (my new local) is pretty amazing. Super fresh, simple menu that changes weekly. Good coffee and nice vibe in general. Good if you are vegetarian or even vegan - menu is small but something for everyone. A few snaps of my recent breakfast/brunches...

FC3C33C6-9037-4993-84FE-8FB9C3B9E594-4289-00000302E0836A73_zps0cb2a54c.jpg88994FF8-7A68-4FEC-B77D-040FD6BAA75E-4289-00000302DB085D39_zps55ff22fe.jpg87DEB369-032F-479F-BEC3-F4B9CEFE7DF8-4289-00000302D5D2430B_zps1f566503.jpg

^ food looks great, man. whereabouts in chippendale?

i lived in a house on abercrombie st near the block from 2004-2006. things around chippendale have changed a bit since then...

my favourite local cafe was cafe ella on abercombie near lawson. good, unpretentious stuff. their chewy blueberry bagels are strangely addictive.

anything interesting coming up at assin?

Cnr of Abercrombie and O'Connor... it's about a block or so down from broadway.

I've been in Chippendale for a couple years and it's definitely different from when my friend's were in the area around the same time as you. I see zero junkies and generally it's quiet. Really doesn't feel like you're located so close to the CBD. I was in Surry Hills for a long while before living here and I have to say I MUCH prefer Chippendale over Surry Hills... there is always stuff happening in Surry but nothing I give a shit about.

As for Assin, New delivery from Boris Bidjan and Ann Dem should arrive this week... That's interesting I guess!

dansta are you in Syd or Ldn at the moment?

hey, i'm back in sydney for the time being. still getting settled, decompressing after 18 months in the uk and lining up accom. i was thinking about renting in chippendale again but i'm also considering somewhere suburban and chill like croydon or haberfield.

cool that you guys are stocking boris now. i'm not a big fan of ann's spring collection... pyjamas and slippers! last spring was infinitely better. i'm sure you'll have some worthy pieces in your buy, though.

• 2 weeks later...

the bees knees of cobbling in sydney (or australia)? just a simple re-sole, but i want it done properly. coombs seem to be getting some bad rep lately so i think i'll stay away. i also called them about vibram soles and they had no idea what i was on about haha.

did a quick seach and cobbler caballero was mentioned. good?

Edited by swooc

• 2 weeks later...

there's a store in sussex centre chinatown on the bottom floor that has stuff like cdg play, mastermind japan and some visvim with chrome hearts shopping bags hanging from the ceiling. legit or not?

also, is there still a chiodo store in sydney?

Edited by Danai

there's a store in sussex centre chinatown on the bottom floor that has stuff like cdg play, mastermind japan and some visvim with chrome hearts shopping bags hanging from the ceiling. legit or not?

Haha, there's a place like this in Market Square in Brisbane too. It kind of goes without saying its illegit.

haven't seen it. highly doubt it's legit. I'm sure you could tell by the quality and prices. chiodo is gone.

Haha, there's a place like this in Market Square in Brisbane too. It kind of goes without saying its illegit.

Yeah true. Only had a very brief look but I've walked past it a few times and it's been there for a while. There used to be a store called Botos in Darlinghurst owned by some Chinese guy that sold similar stuff plus Dior Homme denim and Number (N)ine that turned out to be legit according to some people.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

anyone have a faint idea on the current selling policy for ebay au? i want to pass on seller/paypal fees to the buyer but i vaguely remember seeing something in their policy that doesn't allow this. can anyone confirm?

on that note, i just sold a camera for 76 bucks (was expecting at least double that). after fees i net about 66 bucks. not happy jan.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, 

I'm travelling to sydney in december and staying there for around a month or so in the redfern/surry hills area.. Are there any hidden clothing store gems that I should check out? I know already about supply/harrolds/incu but wondering if there was anything else worth hitting up?

Thanks