australia :: sydney :: shopping

dumadiscount

i wouldn't really consider Jimmy Liks romantic with the communal group tables... unless they have changed that since I've been there (at least 6 years ago).. and food is pretty average.

do you have a nice suggestion?

Atavola on Victoria street is one of my faves,

They have beautiful fresh pasta. Love the salmon ravioli! Not super expensive either

Went to Nield Ave the other night, I really liked it. Really nice food at a reasonable price.... better than NBI. Went on a tuesday so no long wait time

Assiette, district dining, sepia.. and mentioned previously aria or quay. Bentley is actually pretty nice and fairly romantic but won't send you broke. Cafe Sydney is still one of my favourites although there is better options. Altitude at the shangria hotel is nice too.

There is heaps of places. Anything stand out to you? Does the mrs have a favoured cuisine?

Atavola on Victoria street is one of my faves,

They have beautiful fresh pasta. Love the salmon ravioli! Not super expensive either

Went to Nield Ave the other night, I really liked it. Really nice food at a reasonable price.... better than NBI. Went on a tuesday so no long wait time

Just looked up Atavola, looks good. I've been fiending for some killer pasta. Especially after going to Jamies shit-hole italian... so so bad. Most disappointing meal of my life... so far below average. Sigh.

Neild Ave is good! Don't understand the negative reviews. Reminds me I should go back soon.

also i think I've mentioned it before but I'm still loving Cafe Creasion... coffee is a little inconsistent there but the macarons are always SO good. In a total other league to Zumbo, I don't understand the hype behind his Macarons, his other desserts looks pretty though I have to admit.

I dunno either, perhaps because he has odd flavours. Ultimately I'd say it's because the media hyped Zumbo up.

I'm not a fan of his cakes either.

i don't understand the hype behind macarons full stop, but creasion def makes good 'uns.

sixpenny is meant to be pretty special, although it is in stanmore.

also the grounds is worth the trek. i drove past after a saturday morning airport run and there was a HUGE queue, eventually went on a weekday and it was spot on.

Just looked up Atavola, looks good. I've been fiending for some killer pasta. Especially after going to Jamies shit-hole italian... so so bad. Most disappointing meal of my life... so far below average. Sigh.

Neild Ave is good! Don't understand the negative reviews. Reminds me I should go back soon.

Pasta at Atavola is so good, they have some non past dishes but I have never tried them. The menu changes all the time though , last itme I went I had octopus ragu with burnt sage butter.

Never really hear ppl talking about Atavola, not hyped like other venues (*Merivale*) which is good for me!

For those health conscious sufuers Bread & Circus is good for salads and sandwhiches. Also bit out of the way though out in Alexandria

• 1 month later...

There was a nice Thom Browne leather bag down to 1500, some decent Tom Ford 3 pieces down to 2500, some nice pal zileri and caruso suits, some nice Brioni suits/knits.

Shoe wise there was the odd sized Rick Owens and KVA. A fair few Common Projects and YSL but mostly small/large sizes. Givenchy gladiator sandles or whatever the fuck they're called, some canvas YSL shoes.

A couple of RO, Julis, Boris basics.

Heaps of CDG for anyone still stuck in 2007

No eye wear or fragrances on sale unfortunately.