australia :: sydney :: shopping

dumadiscount

^ big call! personally i think le monde on foveaux street is the best, both in terms of their baristas (insane knowledge) and the beans they source. i had major withdrawal when i stopped working nearby.

Yeah, but I like my coffee low fuss, and that includes not heading to Surry Hills haha. The caveat is that my recommendations don't apply for take-away, gotta have it there.

As for breakfast, the bacon and egg roll with chilli jam from 'Toast' in Surry Hills is freakin amazing.

Edited by Ivans On High

hey guys, i just moved from melbourne -- wondering if there any good cobblers around in sydney that i could trust with guidis/domas?

i know brisbane is completely devoid of skilful cobblers, whereas the melbourne ones are awesome.

anyone got a favourite place in sydney that isnt mister minit?

help would be appreciated! =D

maybe i've had bad a bad experience there but bills is pretty average in my opinion. if you find yourself in that area i would just go to bourke st bakery!

I found BSB to be average every time I go yet there are lines out the door.. I prefer Four Ate Five on Crown St, though their food was a bit subpar last I went unfortunately.

I found BSB to be average every time I go yet there are lines out the door.. I prefer Four Ate Five on Crown St, though their food was a bit subpar last I went unfortunately.

four ate five is good. there is a place almost across the road from BSB which is pretty good to although over priced from memory.

anyone been to Kitchen by Mike?

four ate five is good. there is a place almost across the road from BSB which is pretty good to although over priced from memory.

anyone been to Kitchen by Mike?

Yep , the food is really good but it's a bit pricey.

Servings are small but the food is really simple and fresh. Kind of out of the way though.

Used to love BSB but haven't been a while. Loved the chorizo and thyme rolls!

Blackstar pastry in Newtown is good.

Wilbur's Place is good but prices have gone up since they have opened.

Anyone been to The Apollo or Nield Ave?

Anyone been to .... Nield Ave?

Yep, been a few times. It's received bad reviews but I like it a lot. From what I've read most negative reviews are biased due to long waiting times. The food is good and the price is reasonable in my opinion, large serving size etc

On a currently unrelated note, is there anywhere is Sydney to get mid priced furniture? i.e. better then ikea, freedom etc but not as much as dedece, hub, space etc etc. Looking to get a few things for the spare room/office. first thing im looking for is a bookcase which i though would be easy but I can't find anything.