australia :: sydney :: shopping

dumadiscount

lol is there another thread that's more active or are sydney peeps dead in general? >.>

also, does anyone know of any stores that sell new balance made in usa models such as the 1300 and 996?

the only shop i can think of that sells nb is hype which only seem to have 574s in funny colourways...

You missed a solid sale at DJs a week or so back. Filippa K was dirt cheap - 50% off. Even at full price I think their plain buttons downs are worth the money.

I orders a couple of made-to-measure shirts from InStitchu last night, worked out to be $50 a shirt. They didn't have much in the way of fabric choices (for my taste anyway), but plenty of plain white fabrics. I'll let you know how they work out.

Went there last week when they just opened for business in the morning, same story. It's a shame, such a cool space they have.

I'm intrigued by all these scathing reviews...

Are they stocking anything notable that's not available at Parable or Assin?

Yeah, they have A1923, Damir main line, In Aisce, Julius, V-A, DBSS, drkshdw, obscur... they have just about every label ever discussed on SZ. And granted, it's good to have access to the stuff in Sydney, but the reviews have mainly been regarding the physical store. The other issue is that they only carry small sizes i.e. normally < 48

Oh, and there is still 40% off Filippa K at DJs.

Also, anyone have any recommendations for knit repairs?

Edited by Ivans On High

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, just letting you know that we have opened our second location in Darlinghurst just down the road from Carhartt and Footage. We are stocking Iron Heart, Red Wings, Kenton Sorenson, Draught Dry Goods, Pendleton, Clarks Originals, Chup and more. Pop in and say high. Looking forward to meeting some Super Future members.

welcome back jcot, you based in Sydney now?

Nope not back in Sydney yet, just a handy place to fly out of and thank you.

Got to DJs at Pitt street westfield, The girls there are great, very knowledgeable about different cuts. It will be $50 but they give a great head massage/shampoo too !

Thanks for the rec, I decided to just go with Aria on Pitt St. It was really good for about $40.

hey does anyone here have any experience ordering from haven? i bought some stuff for myself using the free airmail shipping but i might order something for a friend who's going away in two weeks. the site says that express shipping + tracking is $80 which is far too much. how long does their airmail shipping usually take to get to sydney? the site just states 1-4 weeks. thanks in advance for any advice.

there is pieces for goth ninja fix and supply for street swag. maybe via alley but their offering isn't very extensive. as seven mentioned, you are more spoiled for choice in Melbourne then we are here. if you happen to find yourself in Paddington, drop by Assin and say hello.

if you go to assin you could pop in to ariel books across the road - it's quite nice for a browse. and then it's a quick walk to supply. after that you could walk down crown street (past via alley) and get a coffee somewhere (bills if you can be bothered walking that far).

Edited by dansta