australia :: sydney :: shopping

dumadiscount

Nice. That means I can go after work. Why is after 6PM better?

crap I thought it was Sunday yesterday when I posted that... anyway the time the store opens isn't very consistent so sometimes they don't open before 1PM, but they always close around 8PM which is why I prefer going there in the evening after work. you wanting to check any particular stuff out?

Does anyone know where to get some nice boots in Sydney? Something along the line of Alden, Church's, Trickers etc? Basically interested anything of nice quality that is lace up and not moc toe though.

I'm in Sydney for a couple of weeks for work and am woefully unprepared for the weather. I need some new boots anyway. I'm staying near museum station so anywhere around the city or darlinghurst/surry hills area if you know a place? I've had a quick look in a few places up oxford st like supply and incu but they didn't really have anything like that. I've checked the sufu guide too but nothing jumped out at me as a obvious place to go.

^ Herringbone in Macquarie Place stocks Crockket and Jones Chukka, Chelsea and Onslow.

The Cloakroom stocks Grenson Fred boots. Triple soul and storm welt.

I'm working in Potts Point now. Anyone know where to get a good sandwich or salad for lunch? I've found Continental Deli. Any other healthy options?

for korean bbq, I recommend Madang or O Bal Tan - they're next to each other in a little alleyway just off Pitt St in the city. Madang is usually busier with people lining up but I think O Bal Tan is just as good.

google maps

I would generally avoid Telstra for any prepaid data, the other 3 carriers aren't too different from each other but from what I gather Vodafone is better. I'm using 3 myself.

If you are in the Surry Hills area, drop by my store and I could probably hit you up with some recommendations on what to do in Sydney

those two restaurants in the city are my pick for korean. i prefer o bal tan over madang and i think you can book it too...whereas madang you can only book if your going before 6:30 from my recollection..

for yakiniku - suminoya in martin place does a great jap bbq buffet for 45-50$ pp depending on the day you go ... just order the beef rib finger x 20 plates and save room for 4-5 scoops of their green tea ice cream :)

are you staying in the city? as there are some pretty good korean places for bbq outside in suburbs such as eastwood

Thanks a little late for the recommendations guys. In the end, it took us 72 hours to fly from Montreal to Sydney (long story, but the takeout is, never ever fly with United, actually, if you can, never fly with any North American Airlines). Ended up having only 3 days and being super jet lagged and everything, we didn't really made it to any of the restaurant i wanted to visit...

looks like i'll have to come back ;)

If ever one of you guys get an ipad, don't go with OPTUS (wanted to go with Vodafone, but you can only prepay online and it requires an Australian credit card, which i didn't have), network was super slow and coverage pretty bad.

Yeh Icarus doing work, kopped some ervell from you already, god it's nice getting stuff a day after you order it haha. Hopefully make it up to Syd sometime to see you guys.

Not sure if you resolved it or it was just a bug but i did have a problem checking out via CC, had to use paypal, it froze on the processing screen, might have been my browser or something though.

yo nlim, do you guys have the formal pant in navy to go with the standard blazer you've got up there? they aren't up there, but figured i may as well double check.

cafe ish's beer is dope as well, highly recommend.

Yeh Icarus doing work, kopped some ervell from you already, god it's nice getting stuff a day after you order it haha. Hopefully make it up to Syd sometime to see you guys.

Not sure if you resolved it or it was just a bug but i did have a problem checking out via CC, had to use paypal, it froze on the processing screen, might have been my browser or something though.

Thanks man, I know how frustrating it is waiting for stuff to get delivered. The checkout issues should be fixed now.

yo nlim, do you guys have the formal pant in navy to go with the standard blazer you've got up there? they aren't up there, but figured i may as well double check.

cafe ish's beer is dope as well, highly recommend.

Unfortunately the navy formal pants are sold out, only size 34 in the black left.

hard to answer without more details. are you looking for a nice restaurant? bar? what's your budget?

I am open to suggestions anything good will do, I have never been to sydney so I dunno what to look for

Is blue mountains fun? or Hunters Valley? Any else that is cool to go with my girl?