australia :: sydney :: shopping

dumadiscount

that's a fair ride Sam, wouldn't mind riding to work either but it would be a long and not particularly pleasant ride from my place. just wondering, did you end up copping the _7 boston backpack? back doesn't get sweaty with a leather backpack?

it's surprisingly easy once your body gets used to it. the first few days I would collapse on the couch as soon as I got home aha.

RE backpack, I went through with the order, then it was apparently sold out and they took like 2 weeks to refund my money. THEN, I went to buy the other one you supplied me the link to, and it was sold out also. I guess it wasn't meant to be. I use a random VS (bodyboard brand) backpack and it's indeed a little sweaty. essentially need that rack with two packs either side of the back wheel for my jawns to sit in – aesthetically do not want.

RE backpack, I went through with the order, then it was apparently sold out and they took like 2 weeks to refund my money. THEN, I went to buy the other one you supplied me the link to, and it was sold out also. I guess it wasn't meant to be.

that's some bad luck there, it was a popular item though. one store has it left in stock, perhaps 3rd times the charm haha.

one of my managers at the company I was doing vacation employment for last year was riding from moonee ponds to williamstown every day, hardcore...

thanks D, but after seeing the image on that webstore i'm not so into it. I think i'd prefer to wait for the FW10 tri-zip.

aha that's some serious distance and I can see why people do it. defs a nice way to start and end the day, but when the weather is this cold i'd prefer to rock up to work being able to feel my face etc. :)

^you mind if i ask what happened? i would have thought given your steez you would be a valuable asset to the company.

new management/restructure/blah blah so i was made redundant.

i was going to leave anyway. this way i got payout so i cant complain.

they did not appreciate my steez. my designs were often 'too fashionable' - their words not mine haha. and there was too many people in managment all wanting something different so it was a real shit fight towards the end, trying to please too many people.

so now i am just chilling. have been for 3 weeks.

^ funnily enough i just published a blog entry on Tetsuya's (went a few days ago)..you'll be fine with a dress shirt + jeans + dress shoes.

Thanks Derek, I actually checked your blog under Sydney CBD and couldn't find it, I did recall either HCTF or ATFT having posted a Tetsuya's blogpost, both websites look the same to me >.<

suit the fuck up!!!!

Yeah that was my first reaction, I don't want to be the only one in a suit though so the other people I'm going with better step up their game.

BTW Derek, I take it that the menu posted on the website is not an accurate reflection of what's actually served on the day? Because I see lots of different dishes and it felt like you had more than 11 courses. Did anyone of your party matched the dishes with wine? I'm not sure how much extra it is for matching wines.

the menu to my knowledge has not be updated for 2 years on the tet's website. ..however i've been two times and many of the dishes were the same: the ocean trout, wagyu sirloin and the deboned spatchcock.

none of us had the matching wine course but i've heard good things about it.

the website says it is $90 pp extra for the matching wines.

yeah, the cafe ish ribs are the shit. the pork ones are huuuuuge. pretty much everything i've eaten there has been good. how did josh react to you taking photos?

i ate at red lantern tonight, and it was pretty average. wouldn't recommend.

i didn't even realise vivid had already started - bummed to miss boris.

new job. need to be steezy. looking to buy some shit. thought i would put it up here before i do a 'wtb' in the market.

rick dunks - 42

lanvin hi/lo's - UK8 (i think)

rick/drkshdw lame basics tee/tank/long sleeve etc - small

ann d knits - small (maybe x-small)

rick/drkshdw shorts/pants - w29ish

thanks.

*** Potential Employment Opportunity ***

I've been informed that there is a potential opening for a sales assistant position in Sydney CBD for someone who is a fan of labels like Julius, Viridi-Anne and Diet Butcher Slim Skin.

Position could be either full time or part time (3 days) the prerequisites however are:

Bilingual - english and mandarin

Strong appreciation for Julius/V-A/DBSS

Great steez & outgoing personality - sullen gothninjas can rep the brand, but can't sell for shit.

I don't have all the details like expected start and etc yet, but I'll be sure to update it when I get them. Sydney sufuers if you know anyone who might fit the description refer them to me. I'm only doing this as a favor (if I were bilingual, I'd already have gotten the job) Please get the word out.