australia :: sydney :: shopping

dumadiscount

sup Sufu Sydneysiders,

i'm flying over to Sydney in a few days and staying through new years. i've never been there during december, and i'm used to cold winter weather during this time of year... so what's the weather like lately and how hot does it really get? i guess i'll just pack summer clothes...

i was curious, since it is your summer, what season is being sold right now in stores? ss09 or fw09

also, any stores besides Assin that carries Undercover?

@fallen Angels.. We are just getting in the FW09 stuff now.. Well Assin did anyway. Not sure if there is undercover at Sydney Assin store? Can anyone confirm? I wouldn't even consider shopping here for undercover though.. Might want to check out a store called Pieces ( just for the sake of it.. Probably the best store here for Japanese labels..) They also stock some basic U.C. mainly tees etc..

I would bring mainly summer clothes but pack some things in case it rains or the night is a little cool..just in case..

@fallen angels, breathable summer clothes are compulsory. jeans and maybe a lightweight cardi/jacket if that night happens to be cold. doubt you'd have to go heavier than that.

second Pathway (formerly known as Pieces) on Dixon St, prices are generally higher than proxying it from Japan but I hear you can ask for a better price.

yeah, i live around the corner. suits start from about 1200. dude in there was nice & helpful when i went in.

you also in the market for a new suit? got any recommendations?

Im looking for shirts mostly, and some ties. But I'm going to Beijing in January, so I'm going to check out a (reputedly) good tailor and have a couple of suits and a coat made. I own both a black and a charcoal single-button suit, so was thinking I would get a charcoal 2-button, a navy (probably 2-button, can't decide) and a nice black blazer made.

What are your guys' thoughts on vents? single or double?

last time i was at sydney assin i saw a rack of undercover. i think i saw the knit/blazer combo in a charcoal size 3. it was on special too, around 900 bucks?

there's really not much in pieces. the only thing cool i remember seeing was a number nine piece (cardigan or shirt i forgot).

probably throwing a sales pitch at you :P.

i remember going to a levis store to check out some chinos and the guy told me only a few stores in au stock them and it was an au exclusive. went online to see if he was telling the truth. found 10 different online stores across the globe selling them.

online stores must be hitting these retail brick and mortar stores bad.

might be true

about us

Vanishing Elephant is a Sydney based menswear label designed by Felix Chan, Huw Bennett and Arran Russell. Committed to creating clothing of quality, purpose and elegance the collective work with a classic aesthetic, marking a return to gentlemanly style.

Producing four collections a year, Vanishing Elephant is a full ready to wear collection comprised of shirting, suiting, denim, knitwear, jersey basics and shoes. Vanishing Elephant can be found in stores worldwide.

pack jackets! forecast doesnt look too good man..showers!

been good lately but terrible next week

nye million places you can catch a view of the harbour.. thats what id be doing u can go out any other night to bar/club whatever

sup Sufu Sydneysiders,

i'm flying over to Sydney in a few days and staying through new years. i've never been there during december, and i'm used to cold winter weather during this time of year... so what's the weather like lately and how hot does it really get? i guess i'll just pack summer clothes...

i was curious, since it is your summer, what season is being sold right now in stores? ss09 or fw09

also, any stores besides Assin that carries Undercover?

Vanishing Elephant is designed by two of the Incu guys. I think I'll go and check it out, though the weather is shit.

Just got back, Incu has some nice stuff at pretty good prices. I had to resist the temptation to pick up some shirting, seeing as I'm going to China (cheap copy concept). The rest of the city is a joke. There is an actual queue to get into Myer hahaha.

Only thing I bought was a pair of Kayano 15s from good ol' Paul's Warehouse at 50% off. I looked pretty retarded trying on runners wearing a RO jacket and black jeans.

• 2 weeks later...

i'm thinking about heading to the domain sat night - pretty keen to see al green, but couldn't afford the tickets at the time. might even 'camp' out to score some good seats, although i'm not sure i possess the capacity for that much organisation.

there is a stage adaptation of a shaun tan graphic novel that also looks pretty dope, will probably get tickets to that.