australia :: sydney :: shopping

dumadiscount

if you guys are after something a bit different, I recommend south restaurant on military road, neutral bay. I'm not sure if there are any other cajun/creole places in Sydney but the food there is pretty damn tasty. I recommend booking in advance as the restaurant is tiny.

i really want to go there sometime

don't think there is anywhere else in sydney where you can get some true soul food.

this thread was shit for ages, seems like the sydney numbers have swelled lately.

man, i moved up here from sa, and have just been buying weed again, and can not believe how little you get for like $25! it's about a quarter of what you'd get in sa for the same amount; outrageous i tells ya!

this thread was shit for ages, seems like the sydney numbers have swelled lately.

man, i moved up here from sa, and have just been buying weed again, and can not believe how little you get for like $25! it's about a quarter of what you'd get in sa for the same amount; outrageous i tells ya!

A grams usually $20 here so I'm not sure what you got for 25, sometimes you can get 2 for 30. But yea weeds a ripoff here

went to ayam goreng 99 last night

i go at least once a fortnight and i can confidently say that grilled paha bakar (chicken) is the most authentic indonesian you will find in sydney.

this is so true, the only thing I hate about the restaurant is the smell you get on your clothes after dining.

oh and the plastic cups, they feel so unhygienic :mad:

Jesus you're pretty patient getting into Mamak on a Friday. How long did the queue take? :/

I agree. I live on the next block and whenever I walk to my gf's work to pick her up, the line on most nights are ridiculously long. Even goes as far to the traffic lights.

anybody here been to hiroshima/miyajima island? looking for places to eat/stay as i'll be heading to jap (osaka+tko as well) end of this year as a little gift to myself to finishing my 5 year course at uni ><

hiroshima is a nice city but wouldn’t stay there for more than a few days, you can see pretty much everything in a couple days. Theres heaps of cheap business hotels to stay in the city, all around the 100AUD/night range or cheaper..i think I stayed at the tokyu inn previously..just look around on the net I guess. Places to eat-theres heaps of little bars/restaurants to chill out at at night, just walk around the city a bit and you will find something. There are pretty decent stores there too as well if I remember correctly.

Re miyajima, a half day trip there is plenty. you can see all you need to see there pretty quickly…fun place though.

Incu Sale on for three days only.

Marc by Marc Jacobs, APC, ACNE, Lover, Corpus, Vanishing Elephant, Modern Amusement, Surface To Air, Karen Walker and much much more!

Tops $25, Pants $50, Dresses $75.

WHEN Friday 4th September, 2009 until Sunday 6th September, 2009.

WHERE Ground Floor

276 Devonshire St

Surry Hills

Sydney.

NSW, 2010.

www.incuclothing.com

02 9698 1688

they be bring out some of the old stock from the last decade... but me hopes that there is the now so old stock that will get into the salez. good luck people

anybody here been to hiroshima/miyajima island? looking for places to eat/stay as i'll be heading to jap (osaka+tko as well) end of this year as a little gift to myself to finishing my 5 year course at uni ><

hiroshima has a great underground drum n bass scene if thats your thing. dont know where is good to stay though sorry.

have you organised your osaka accomodation? i have stayed at the dotombori hotel (with the big heads out the front) and it was very good - cheap, nice location and for tiny jap standards not 'too' small.

haven't found the best place to stay in tokyo yet - stayed near ueno park when i was there in cherry blossom season but besides the cherry blossoms there isnt that much there. it is however on the loop line and cheaper then other areas of tokyo so if you want to save a few $$ could be ok. fair bit of denim available there too if you are into that kinda thing.

im hoping to get back there next year - have to go to china for a wedding next year so i might jaunt across to japan too if it's in the budget.

I just returned from Charles Nakhle.

I can't speak highly enough about Charles. He is a very perceptive and knowledgeable man.

I commissioned a shirt in a mid blue candy stripe 100s poplin by S.I.C. Tess. I was very impressed with their books. I think I prefer them to the Thomas Mason books.

As this is my initial shirt, it should be ready in two weeks.

Anyone tried any of the other bespoke shirt makers in Sydney?

alright, so with so many spots to eat... what would be a good first date idea?

you going for dinner/lunch

I just returned from Charles Nakhle.

I can't speak highly enough about Charles. He is a very perceptive and knowledgeable man.

I commissioned a shirt in a mid blue candy stripe 100s poplin by S.I.C. Tess. I was very impressed with their books. I think I prefer them to the Thomas Mason books.

As this is my initial shirt, it should be ready in two weeks.

show us pics when you get it corey,, whats the price? i really need some new shirts for work, i'm over nearly all mine

Will do.

Price will be $270. Part of that price is 25€ to ship the fabric from Italy. The shipping fee is flat, so if you order more shirts the price would be reduced.

I believe that he charges ~$200 a shirt for cheaper cloths that he has in stock.

I'm told that Herringbone "bespoke" will recommence in January but it will be a MTM service out of their factory in Vietnam. Much cheaper though. Prices were ~400 when they were cutting and sewing locally.

need some help

im flying back to the States Oct 6th from Sydney and will be in NZ before then. I could book a flight from Auckland to Sydney the same day that I am suppose to fly back to San Francisco but since there is only one flight out via Virgin Blue, I was wondering if i should fly back to Sydney the night before or if the same day would be ok? Is Virgin Blue known to have delays or canceled flights? Im not sure if i want to risk flying back the same day even though there is a 6 hour window between getting in to Sydney and flying out of Sydney on the 6th.

hope this makes some sense.

need some help

im flying back to the States Oct 6th from Sydney and will be in NZ before then. I could book a flight from Auckland to Sydney the same day that I am suppose to fly back to San Francisco but since there is only one flight out via Virgin Blue, I was wondering if i should fly back to Sydney the night before or if the same day would be ok? Is Virgin Blue known to have delays or canceled flights? Im not sure if i want to risk flying back the same day even though there is a 6 hour window between getting in to Sydney and flying out of Sydney on the 6th.

hope this makes some sense.

hey chant, you should be fine flying with virgin blue.. they're generally good and are more reliable than say tiger/jet star from mine and other people's experience... 6 hour window is a fair bit of time, you'd even have time to duck back into the city for one last feed and drink :)

hey chant, you should be fine flying with virgin blue.. they're generally good and are more reliable than say tiger/jet star from mine and other people's experience... 6 hour window is a fair bit of time, you'd even have time to duck back into the city for one last feed and drink :)

yeah i'd say you should be fine, but who knows with airlines. i've never had a problem like cancelled flights with virgin blue, but i've also never flown international with them. the weather is clearing up as well so that shouldn't be an issue.