australia :: sydney :: shopping

dumadiscount

I dunno ivan i found ichibanboshi to be overrated

agreed ichiban wasn't as good as it was 3-4 years ago - it's too commercial now and the stock is pretty watery. HOWEVER, ichiban boshi in bondi is very very good in terms of stock quality. If I had a choice I would go there instead of the one in gallerias victoria.

^ seconded. definitely interested in that.

anyone been to Becasse? worth the 2 bills? have dinner there on thursday.

food >> jawnz for me atm

haven't been to Becasse yet, however went to Plan B (the very small cafe) right next to it which is also run by Becasse. The wagyu burgers are jaw-gaping delicious and the sausage roll is flakey goodness...

kickeye - becasse was special!

i shared the tomato salad and had saltbush lamb for my main... had a banana brulee with sorbet for dessert, make sure u order this dessert it was the highlight no doubt

nice tip on the wagyu burger derek didnt see that.. i grabbed the pork belly sandwich and it was ridiculously good

whats people's fave brekkie/brunch?... bills is my spot, cannot go past the eggs with tomato and mushroom, pancakes is insane as well they're about a metre thick!

^ seconded. definitely interested in that.

anyone been to Becasse? worth the 2 bills? have dinner there on thursday.

food >> jawnz for me atm

I was there for the degustation. Definitely worth the monies, left me with weak knees.

hey guys,

i want to sell my CoN 'Body of Myths' coat and figure i'd give you guys the opportunity here before i put it up on eBay.

it's black and medium size, asking for $200 (bought at SWT for $340)

postage included.

hit me up on pm yo.

I haven't been to Quay or Bisto Moncur but would like to hear more to see if they're worth checking out :)

Went to Universal in Darlinghurst last Saturday, I highly recommend. Interesting flavour combinations, laid back atmosphere and good service. The Wagyu beef shin was definitely a highlight for me.

bistro moncur is probably my fav resto in syd.. been there 4-5 times now and still loving it everytime. JV ill take you in sept (no homo) :D

For entrees to share I'd recommend:

- onion souffle

- chicken liver pate

- crab and sweet corn omelette

Main:

- grilled sirloin cafe de paris (fucking ownssss)

What you guys rkn of Buon Ricordo? took the missus for her bday a month ago and thought it was pretty good. and I'm not usually fond of italian cuisine. the truffle Fettuccine is seriously next level. the desserts were disappointing though.

I really like Moncur. Great part of town. Good pub.

Sirlion is great. Really like the prime fillet bearnaise.

I feel that Bon Ricardo is overrated. Nice food, but overpriced and sterile atmosphere.

Truffle fettuccine is nice, but I dislike the at table circus.

I like Buzo's much better. I think the dishes pop more.

what u recommend for bistro moncur melv?

i'm always tempted to try but bills scrambled eggs cant be beaten for a hangover cure..

My mate took me to Moncur a few months back and he said their specialty is the sirloin steak.

It was amazing. Best steak ever.

RSFF is on at martin place this week

dont really know what else goes on besides shows or if there is anything interesting/worth checking out

theres a whole range of things happening there and paddington, but nothing really of interest to me..too female oriented imo. i might check out 'the black marquee' run by the grand social in martin place. there's a few parties throughout the week if you want to rub shoulders with fashion types. overall, pretty meh.