australia :: sydney :: shopping

dumadiscount

oh and I been thinking about this for a while…you guys find KAGs in sydney be more korny then what they would be if they were back home…??

cant talk for any other countries but I swear japanese girls here turn up the K-meter pretty hard then if I were to meet them in tokyo. I met a few friends of a close-friend of mine earlier in ther week, and for some reason they be korny to me. Seems the same for all nationalities too….meh

Im talking college kids though, OLs be ok.

I kind of like it though (0). lulz I saw a chic with a louie V hold-all with a louie V patent orange coin pouch thing hanging off it the other day. for some reason I liked it.hahaha

yo, all you foodies out there...any recommendations on places to eat in and around the city??

after restaurants that aren't too formal where you can walk in post-work, but not peasant either.

been eating out almost every weekday after work and kind of run out of ideas/places to go...:(

hit up my food blog ... pretty much focuses on sydney cbd / north shore .. but will be keen on suggesting places in the south/east/west if you cbb travelling :)

www.herecomesthefood.com.au

yep

i had their chicken schnitzel awhile back, pretty good but i reckon for giant sandwiches - big bite on pitt and little vienna in the city are much better value.

oh yeah? i better check them out because the place on south dowling is my heaven.

my norm is

brown bread

chicken schnitzel

caramelized carrot

mash potato

lentils

gerkin

beetroot

beans

cabbage

greens

roast tomato

shit is amazing. and i think $10.50 is ok.

oh wow, only $10.50? i remember the last time i was there, i was charged $11 or so for a chicken schnitzel, pesto, lettuce, cheddar and tomato sandwich. felt a little ripped off but it was a good sandwich.

above places are pretty packed with office workers at lunch, especially big bite on pitt - but well worth it for $8.50, albeit the ingredient selection isn't as wide as south dowling.

Where: Level 3, 16-28 Foster Street, Surry Hills

When: Thursday the 13th August, Friday 14th of August and Saturday the 15th of August

Time: Thursday from 4pm - 8pm, Friday from 4pm - 7pm and Saturday from 11am - 3pm

up to 50 off, samples and whatevers

I'd be interested to know what was at the sale too...

Any shoes? There is bound to be, no one was biting this season. I'd cop the 1914s on sale for sure.

As for sangas, I went to Little Vienna in north sydney yesterday. Had the Mojo beef. It was OK. Prefer the bibimbap from Dols Kitchen though, that shit is goooooood.

I went with the family and friends opening yesterday at midday.

Prism coat, double layer T's, 2 pairs of shoes (There were about 2-3 pairs of the good ones.. 5-6 of everything else.. might have more stock coming out though)

Has my eye on the rectangle bag, but $200 for something I didn't realllly need..

Checked out Spring Courts too, not a fan!

good suggestions st_, what did you have at spice temple? I've been meaning to go for a while...

i can't even remember now exactly, we did have the three shot chicken someone else mentioned - which is supposedly their 'signature dish' - but everything we had was absolutely delicious. the staff were really good too, but that may have been 'cause i was there with two good looking girls.

is south dowling sandwiches the one on a corner just down from oxford st?

someone sent me a link to this before - my sandwich joint malibu comin' out tops! not that i place much stock in timeout..

anyone know of anything interesting on this weekend?

I'd be interested to know what was at the sale too...

Any shoes? There is bound to be, no one was biting this season. I'd cop the 1914s on sale for sure.

As for sangas, I went to Little Vienna in north sydney yesterday. Had the Mojo beef. It was OK. Prefer the bibimbap from Dols Kitchen though, that shit is goooooood.

not as many things to buy as i've experienced previously, which led me to believe they're holding stock back or they just sold heaps on the thurs. saw a few 1914s on sale for $300, but not that many shoes and shit was not as cheap this time.

oh wow, only $10.50? i remember the last time i was there, i was charged $11 or so for a chicken schnitzel, pesto, lettuce, cheddar and tomato sandwich. felt a little ripped off but it was a good sandwich.

above places are pretty packed with office workers at lunch, especially big bite on pitt - but well worth it for $8.50, albeit the ingredient selection isn't as wide as south dowling.

'chicken shnitzel with all the salads' gets you everything i listed for $10.50

i think they must charge more for cheese? they dont cope very well with custom orders, always forget an ingredient.

meanwhile haircut from Barney Martin by Isabelle was excellent. $79. will go again.

just ate at menya - so good. will definitely be back there soon.

i'd looked for the place next door to it - chinese noodle restaurant - before, but couldn't find it. anyone know if it's still good?

that was my recommendation st_ + rep my way bitch!

Now you gotta try the PETERSHAM CHARCOAL CHICKENZ

just ate at menya - so good. will definitely be back there soon.

i'd looked for the place next door to it - chinese noodle restaurant - before, but couldn't find it. anyone know if it's still good?

try gumshara in eating world (haymarket, opposite entertainment centre) - best ramen in sydney at the moment (it also won the best noodles 2009 in timeoutsydney)

also, the menya in sydney cbd is better than the one in haymarket imo .. collagen is soooo thick