australia :: sydney :: shopping

dumadiscount

Going down to Sydney for a couple days.. can't wait to get my shop on...

Stores i will be checking out:

Supply

Assin

Espionage

Anything else?

Any store in Sydney stock common projects?

maybe check out arida in potts point, they have RO wmns. lovely SA's too

yo, all you foodies out there...any recommendations on places to eat in and around the city??

after restaurants that aren't too formal where you can walk in post-work, but not peasant either.

been eating out almost every weekday after work and kind of run out of ideas/places to go...:(

^^thanks guyz all good suggestions for cheap eats..dont think my description above hit the nail on the head though, im after places like azumas-that sort of casual dining where you can have good food and conversation and kill a few hours at night..price not really an issue i guess, but dont want to be eating at rockpools everynight if u know what i mean...

While im on it, what u guys do for mid-week entertainment? Surely theres got to be more than k-bbq and karaoke right? Haha

spice i am - thai (wentworth st)

longrain - thai & dope cocktails (commonwealth st)

big rig diner - 'americana' (oxford st) [i like this joint a lot]

love supreme - pizza (oxford st)

kura - japanese (near paddy's)

those are probably the places i hit up more than anywhere else. can't think what else off the top of my head. will check out menya.

went to neil perry's new joint spice temple the other week, and it was bloody good.

ps. if you are looking for a lunch during the week, go to malibu on foster st near central station, their sandwiches are fucking ridiculously huge and tasty, and pretty cheap. good soup too.

Dining in the city is generally hit & miss at the mid-price level. Not sure what you're after kickeye, are you after somewhere where you can grab a decent feed after work and have a few drinks as well?

good suggestions st_, what did you have at spice temple? I've been meaning to go for a while...

Hell yeah. I went to spice temple last saturday night. The Hunan style pork belly made me jizz in my pants. The 3 shot chicken was equally good! Well worth the money.

spice i am - thai (wentworth st)

longrain - thai & dope cocktails (commonwealth st)

big rig diner - 'americana' (oxford st) [i like this joint a lot]

love supreme - pizza (oxford st)

kura - japanese (near paddy's)

those are probably the places i hit up more than anywhere else. can't think what else off the top of my head. will check out menya.

went to neil perry's new joint spice temple the other week, and it was bloody good.

ps. if you are looking for a lunch during the week, go to malibu on foster st near central station, their sandwiches are fucking ridiculously huge and tasty, and pretty cheap. good soup too.

Theres this heaps nice spot on the corner of pitt st, right next to TGV building...

i think its called Macdonalds? always see the freshest homeless people chillin out the front.

But you could try this place just off crown st, its like the first right coming from Oxford st called "the lounge" or "the lounge something?" but i dont know if its a half bar half res, or more a bar?. nice atmosphere.

what's everyones opinion on good mexican joints around Sydney?

I like Cafe Pacifico and Mad Mex does good takeaway (better than guzman y gomez)

i hear flying fajita sistas in glebe is pretty decent for mid-priced mexican

guzman y gomez newtown has the rudest mexican dipshits behind the counter

While im on it, what u guys do for mid-week entertainment? Surely theres got to be more than k-bbq and karaoke right? Haha

exhibitions if friends are having any. beers at cricketers arms. not much really.

has anyone had sandwiches from south downling sandwich shop? the best, seriously. the little shop with the drawing of a sandwich for a sign.

has anyone had sandwiches from south downling sandwich shop? the best, seriously. the little shop with the drawing of a sandwich for a sign.

yep

i had their chicken schnitzel awhile back, pretty good but i reckon for giant sandwiches - big bite on pitt and little vienna in the city are much better value.