australia :: sydney :: shopping

dumadiscount

Just saw this in my inbox:

As of today OUR SPOT will no longer be open at 220 Liverpool Street Darlinghurst.

Due to the lease ending we have chosen to solely operate as an online store for the forthcoming season.

Me too :( I've been patiently waiting for them to get their new stock in so I can go see it all in person. I hope their online prices will be more competitive now though... I really want to support local stores but not if I can get it cheaper include postage from OS.

Ive always liked SAA. Their fabric cuts fit me spot on the only thing is that imo i think they have to up the anti on their quality. The stitching came undone on my trousers and my skinny tie after 2 months of wear. But i still like them as a local label.

I have two pairs of trousers that I wear to work and they fit me like a glove. I have had them for 5 months now and haven't had any problems (knock on wood).

Their store is a little out of the way though - but worth the trip during a sale.

Yeah nah, not sure, was just going off their website pricing. I'm not in Brisbane so yeah, shouldn't of jumped to conclusion. >.<

When was the last time you were there? Wouldn't mined picking up some black denim Imperials.

was just in there today, not sure what cut, but there definitely was imperials on sale for 135. email them or give them a call, they can definitely help you out.

Cool guys, thanks for your help. $135 is a nice price for imperials. I'm heading up to Brissy for future music, I'm sick of festivals in sydney :mad:, hoping Brisbane will offer a better atmosphere. I'll be sure to check out the apartment when I'm up there.

Other than Violent Green, Apartment and dirt box, where are some other stores for mens wear I could check out. Heard there is some in The Valley, could anyone name some shop names?

Just saw this in my inbox:

As of today OUR SPOT will no longer be open at 220 Liverpool Street Darlinghurst.

Due to the lease ending we have chosen to solely operate as an online store for the forthcoming season.

All the labels you have come to associate with Our Spot will be available online.

The Mens Spring Summer collections will start to arrive next week with deliveries from Nom De Guerre, United Bamboo and Common Projects, more to follow mid March.

Check the news page for collection images and arrival information.

If you have any questions or comments please feel free to contact us on 02 8354 0300 or [email protected]

Thank you for your support over the last 6 years at both the Crown Street & Liverpool Street stores.

We look forward to continuing to provide you with the best labels and service through the online store and beyond.

Dion & Claire

sad day :(

So can anyone tell me the best place to exchange aud to yen? please

i will prolly just use atms mostly but i want to exchange some cash as well..

CoN Sale. up to 50% off

When: March 5-6, 4-8pm, March 7, 11am-4pm.

Where: Level 3, 16-28 Foster St, Surry Hills, Sydney.

Inquiries: chroniclesofnever.com or (02) 9280 0080.

Anyone planing on droping by? The discounts were larger than 50% last time round, might still be worth a look.

i might be able to go to uniqlo for you.. maybe..if it is available in Japan that is。what do you want exactly? i didn't notice anything the other day in the shinjuku uniqlo

hey i reccomend american express for exchanging aud to yen or even flight centre in the city..

just in case anyone was wondering. thye had by far the best rates, by 2c and sometimes even more.

i might be able to go to uniqlo for you.. maybe..if it is available in Japan that is。what do you want exactly? i didn't notice anything the other day in the shinjuku uniqlo

really? sweet dude, i would appreciate that massively. the opening ceremony stuff doesn't arrive until this thursday i believe, i'm probably only going to get 2 or 3 things, maybe more if my friends want something.

Was walking past a Jeans West store yesterday and noticed the full window ad for authentic Japanese selvedge denim. The distressing looked pretty awful in the picture but it will probably be cheap and might be ok if they have anything in one wash. What are their cuts like?

Was walking past a Jeans West store yesterday and noticed the full window ad for authentic Japanese selvedge denim. The distressing looked pretty awful in the picture but it will probably be cheap and might be ok if they have anything in one wash. What are their cuts like?

I seriously wouldn't waste my time... maybe if they were $2 i'd think about it.

They are $149.95 and are shown on the Jeanswest site.

http://www.jeanswest.com.au/Mens.html

I wonder if this is gonna be a new trend where selvage is everywhere and teen kids with industrie/cotton on brand jeans that have selvage are gonna think they are on par with true denim enthusiast jeans.

Could be good fabric though, haven't seen it in person but selvage alone isn't any indicator of quality.

i don't think selvage will take off as a trend...well i hope it doesn't. most kids won't pay $150 for jeans instead of something else which isn't selvage, but looks the same for less.

ksubis and nudies will remain #1 in terms of denim trendiness/cred.

i don't think selvage will take off as a trend...well i hope it doesn't. most kids won't pay $150 for jeans instead of something else which isn't selvage, but looks the same for less.

ksubis and nudies will remain #1 in terms of denim trendiness/cred.

Thank goodness for that. Would hate to see the mainstream pour into the other denim brands.