The death of the crotch

Haz

The svens are a little saggy, but nothing major. A regular fit i would say. Less so with the Ralfs. Not really very tight but i dont suppose charging up stairs helps.

Cant really post pics as my camera is pre war but if you imagine a frayed hole, with bits of denim still bridging the gap, about 3 inches wide, thats what its like.

On the other hand, if you wear them "regular" fit, not too tight, not too loose, you should be fine.

I've found that Nudies use tough, but not longlived, denim. i.e. they don't rip easily, unlike, say SDA's which are loose woven and tend to develop microtears; but they tend to blow out in the crotch and knees after much shorter amounts of wear than some other brands. Six months of solid wear is pretty is what I usually give them before real repairs are needed. I've heard of the greycasts blowing out after a much shorter time, (2-3 months), but a week or so is unconscionable. What have you been doing with these jeans? Did you stretch them out a lot? Have you been skateboarding or something in them?

BTW, the weight of the denim is not as important as the weave and the yarn. I have 15 ounce SDA's that are not going to last as long as my 14 ounce 5EPs or 13.5 ounce SPURRS. And my 12 ounce APCs take a beating and keep on going - they outlast 17 ounce Samurais, it's really crazy.

You also might want to consider penis reduction surgery.

willard.jpg

Or have your girlfriend get "one of those vagina enlargements"

Seriously though, I've dealt with this problem on most of my jeans. I ride a bicycle every day, and it's only a matter of time before the seat wears through the fabric. I did notice that it happened a hell of a lot faster with my raw Ralf's.

It's a pretty easy and inexpensive fix for a tailor. Just ask them to use a strong piece of denim for the patch, and make sure that it covers an area much wider then the initial wear. My patches go for about 2.5 inches on either side.

Also, you'll probably want to wash the jeans after you get them patched - otherwise you'll have one stiff patch rubbing against your junk. And that ain't nice.