What Will You Look Like this Spring?

masuerte

I like dressing in the warm as much as I like dressing in the cold.

I'll be wearing my denim (Nudies, 5EP's, I'll try to pick up a 3rd pair somewhere) with sandals mostly. I don't care what people think about them, flip flops are fucking incredible. Reefs = comfortable and I don't subscribe to the "fashion is pain" mantra.

Plain shorts, w/o cargo pockets, preferably fitting slim but not too slim.

Polos and short-sleeve button ups. Hopefully some Trovata stuff, APC stuff.

and my Modern Amusement aviators

I expect pictures of these by spring. It's cool if you edit the pics into your existing posts.

Guest StuckOnStupid
After seeing some Various bermuda shorts...been thinking I might (and I really mean MIGHT) relax my "east coast men don't wear shorts in the city" ban of the last 10 years....But don't count on it

yeah, its true. i dont know what it is, but it makes me uncomfortable when grown-ass men immediately start showing leg in the summer. you are 30 years old, guy...suffer for style a little bit, please. also, no flipflops. ever.

that being said, i saw some plaid bermuda shorts from APC that would fucking kill shit with the right shoes, and when its intolerable, BDUs cut the right lenghth work.

please no basketball jerseys unless you are under 21.

i feel like a fucking hypocrite, cause i was wearing timberlands and jeans shorts 4 years ago. but that was then, this is now.

are u guys serious when you say no way hose on the shorts thing?

my dad rocks shorts at the first sign of sun. but then again he doesnt have so much as calves, but cows.

even a just above the knee dark blue chinos type with belt loops and pockets?

some days you just got to give the selvage a rest...the honeycombs can wait

i think most of us who are against shorts and flip flops are from more urban areas where wearing shorts makes you look completely out of place and/or a tourist.

anyone here who has stated that they hate shorts from socal? didn't think so.

I'm in Dallas and it's going to be hotter than hell, as usual.

I'll still be wearing the samurais alot though, we'll see how much I can handle.

I've got white sperry's (wearing now actually) and these will get much wear this summer, maybe pick up another pair in another color. I also want some espadrilles. any recomendations?

some cool khakis with polos/heather grey deep v-neck aa tees = awesome

some slim shorts with a low profile white shoe is also nice. any scarf or jacket is over kill unfortunately.

Also really casual white button downs, rumpled, sleeves rolled up with shorts, jeans, khakis, anything...

Summers here suck, so limited on what you can wearbecause of the 100 degree heat.

-Trilbys, fedoras, skipper hats, drivers caps and a pair of cool shades.

-White tees, polos, rolled up sleeves dress shirts, thin sweaters and cardigans.

-Slim fitting madras shorts, plaid shorts, critter shorts and solid plain front shorts.

-Destroyed jeans, pegged up raw denim, slim fitting chinos and plaid pants.

-Sperrys, Chucks, Purcells, Vans all in white/cream or some type of pattern.

Monday I'm deciding to go with a yellow shirt, you know light colors for spring preparing for easter, it keeps you cool. Cut off jeans so the air hits the hairs on my legs.

sshirt.JPG

Tuesday a little more formal w/ the tie but will still keep me feeling cool throughout the day.

dsc01109gf6.jpg

Wednesday when I'm off I'll be working on my car so I guess this fit would be appropriate. Really thin white shirt and a mechanic jumpsuit shouldn't be too bad knowing I have a huge fan in the garage.

ewwcw3.jpg

Thursday nights shouldn't be too bad. It might be a little breezy so you can go out with a light jacket and maybe a scarf if it gets a little chilly.

2wml5kw.jpg

Friday, ah the end of a busy week I can just kick back after work with my sandals and wear a hat to block the sun from my face.

P1090521.jpg

Saturday time to hit the club. I can wear something like this with a button up over it so I can easily take it off at the club. I hate wearing layers of clothes when in a club I get real sticky and sweaty so I guess a tank would be really appropriate.

2h85oq1.jpg

Sunday a little more formal than the day before. This is a little more church going outfit day. The flares are so the air can shoot up there and cool my hairy legs on a warm spring afternoon.

nov1wg2.jpg

That basically sums it for my spring line up. I don't mind if you guys take some of my ideas, I won't call you guys biters.

Damn I figured one of my outfits would make Sycamore's posts.

I'm moving to NY, but plan to continue evolving the aesthetic I've been working with for the past 6-8 months:

grey/white sweaters worn slightly baggy, oversized blazers in light grey, dark grey pants w/ a full cut (kinda like raf's sam pants from a while back but not as dramatic). Nothing special really, but I totally dig J L's S/S 07 looks and some pieces from old collections.

I know some people mentioned showing some ankle, is anyone feeling the cropped trousers yet? I wore mine a few times last year and now have the balls to do it on a daily basis w/ a pair of jack purcells or other light shoes.

Inspirations:

jl1yh9.jpg

jl2ra8.jpg

dh1fl1.jpg

annd1dn9.jpg

are u guys serious when you say no way hose on the shorts thing?

my dad rocks shorts at the first sign of sun. but then again he doesnt have so much as calves, but cows.

even a just above the knee dark blue chinos type with belt loops and pockets?

some days you just got to give the selvage a rest...the honeycombs can wait

Speaking personally...Growing up in the city I stopped wearing shorts as soon as I could dress myself.

Like OMC said, its kinda grimey round these parts come the 95 degree humidity that is standard summertime in the NY. Summer used to mean skating all the time and I sure as hell dont like the feeling of grip and 8ply tearing up my shins...plus you cant skate in sandals.

Men wear shorts in New york city, don't get me wrong...but there is a certain breed of East Coast man who doesn't. Primarily DC, NY, and Boston. It just looks wrong.

Unless I'm laid back on a wooden deck at some spot with an outdoor shower sipping a cold one as I look towards the Atlantic for surf, you'll catch me in my jeans...

I don't have very high expectations simply because I don't have a decent wardrobe to begin with, and I have very little money to buy anything new. For me heroin chic, the Dior Homme look, and punk are major influences this season.

I'm thinking about venturing into the "just woke-up" look with hoodies, tank tops (funky Jeremy Scott shit), and cheap pajama bottoms. Maybe some white slip-on Vans to go with the look.

As for nights out, I think I'll be getting a pair of APC New Standards to go with some very basic tops. Hoodies again, maybe some shirts with the whole overly long sleeve thing. Got a pair of Tiger of Sweden jeans from a friend in Denmark, so I'll be wearing those more and more. Never been much of a shorts guy.

Summer means rolling the pants up. Helllllls yes.

When I went on vacation to Spain after college I stayed in Sevilla with the family who hosted my friends when they were studying there. Under their tutelage, they explicitly taught me: even if it's 101 degrees outside, they do NOT wear shorts in Europe and that it is so easy to spot American tourists because they're the only ones wearing them. This recent conversation reminded me of that heh heh.

This spring I will expect to be at the tail end of my "breaking-in" process of my RRLs. After 3 and half months they are now finally starting to fade (as described by other owners as well). By spring they should have some kick ass contrasts (I hope)

I want a new pair of sneakers this spring also. My trusty shell top adidas pair have served me well but I think it's time to retire them -- I somehow managed to only get the shell top portion dirty with gravel and sand but kept the rest of it white so it looks like I bought a yellow and white pair. Do you know how many times I've been stopped in the streets or on the subway to be asked about this strange "design"?

I have two pairs of very nice, simple sneakers, one awesome pair from some store in Daikanyama and a pair of Diors that I still can't believe I spent so much on...with these two "safe" pairs in tow, I am looking to buy an outrageously colored, vomit-inducing pair. I hope to have some combination of purple and orange in it :-) Any suggestions are welcomed.

Looking for some light weight buttoned down cardigan. Looking to experiment with my awesome navy blue blazer that I just bought from Unis. What to wear with it? Looking for other options besides the typical button down shirt underneath. I like how a lot of the spring looks have blazers paired with light sweaters etc...