DSC_0017.jpgDSC_0019.jpgDSC_0023.jpg

and my fav runway pics...

dior_runway.jpg

my fav dior season

4. Bit of pieces from FALL 05

3. Bit of pieces from SPRING 07

2. SPRING 06

1. SPRING 05 is my fav off all...

honestly, dior homme is beautiful clothing, but theres a practicality missing to it. the lines are great, and the fashions are leading in all ways, but honestly, theres one in 100000 people who would wear a complete outfit in the style of a dior homme model. i imagine by making the clothes such a high price (price point for coutour of course), they demand a certain standard for their customers to favor their product, but i never see the point in charging such an absorbitent amount for something that requires a complete outfit (reference runway models).

i do want a pair of dior jeans and a vest. im not gonna lie, i love the shit.

best of dior homme by hedi:

- gun shot dress shirts

- s/s 06 suspenders

- s/s 07 sashes

- a/w 06 set <3 and music and closing trio

- s/s 07 stretch black denim

- ultra long tassled scarves

- gold boots

- simple sheer tank of s/s 06

- sheer seamed tee of s/s 07

- and many more....

*GASP*

i realized that the whole dermo collection has 6 pieces....only 4 are available in america...!

stage_vanity_trunk7.jpg

For the Divo in all of us

24131.jpg

by far the finest moment

people hate, but thats wicked outfit, just a goofy photo.. those hologaphic jeans are fucking cool, and the low arm-hole vest isnt much different than the oversize vests people are tryna wear this summer.. that was ss06 too.

and the dior leather braces are fucking spot on.

that fits faultless, apart from that blokes goofy mug

I just love hedi's proportions. I like how sleek his vision is... Kinda grudgy in a way but it's so fucking polished and so piercing - Pure attitude.

totally agree. for me it was if i finally found a designer who created a character that you want to be. and even tho honestly i prolly am not as skinny as one prolly really needs to be to really wear hedi's designs i loved the graphicness of them. for me his best work were the razor thin suits and cropped trenchs and military jackets. love em

I'm not a big ready-to-wear person, but I've always been in love with his eyewear. Generally with eyewear brands like Prada and Versace and such, there are some very nice frames, and there are lots of disgusting ones that were probably made for people who don't care about style, just name.

However, Dior Homme only had a few new styles each season, and every single piece was brilliant. I could have an entire collection of Dior eyewear, and I would be happy because there is no ugly pair, whether they're eyeglasses or sunglasses.

The only problem is that most of them don't come in my size... I still love them though.

• 2 months later...
I would kill for this votc coat/jeans. sz 46 / 29-30 anyone?

This was also THE look that got me into Dior

same for me...

i guess i still prefer the luster collection too...

but the cat claw jeans.. haha... instant recognition for dior jeans.. lol but hedi did a lot for men's wear in total... i was in shcok when someone told me that the still picture was from dior.. i tot it was burberry porsum when i first glanced at it...lol

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
DSC_0023.jpg

I love it.

LOLZ. this thing looks like some sort of sexygurl crotchless panties!

and that bullet shirt is gay. im saying this having discovering it waaaaaaaay after the fact, but that looks like some straight up hot topic looking shit from here.

my stance on DH is like that with levis, love/hate, love the suits, cant remember how many leather jackets ive drooled over, but hate em for inspiring that same slick/polished skinny monochrome blah look everyone on heres always goin for and im always whining about. that and because im not skinny enough to fit into the clothes all nice :( :(

looking back on it so much of Hedi-era DH is outdated and irrelevant by now...if one wore the orange overdyes out on the street they'd be mistaken for any other pair of washed jeans by the likes of Diesel, R&R, etc...a lot of outerwear hasn't aged well either. I think VotC has aged the best, that collection could be worn 20 years from now and wouldn't look like a fossil.

looking back on it so much of Hedi-era DH is outdated and irrelevant by now...if one wore the orange overdyes out on the street they'd be mistaken for any other pair of washed jeans by the likes of Diesel, R&R, etc...a lot of outerwear hasn't aged well either. I think VotC has aged the best, that collection could be worn 20 years from now and wouldn't look like a fossil.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=918821&postcount=27

i don't get how people say hedi's collections haven't aged well, when they are most likely only referring to luster (and maybe other niche collections, ie ss 06). i find votc to be terribly overrated... how can you say solitaire, or reflection, or follow me or these grey days, etc. is dated?

well knowing me you should know i'm one of the biggest advocates of recognizing DH other than their denim...maybe i didn't phrase that so well. These Grey Days is a collection of mostly basics, other than the twists on formalwear...so i guess that doesn't really age. Oh yeah forgot Reflection, that is the other collection i'd put up there as timeless. Solitaire and Red, looking at photos of people wearing them back then it looks a bit dated like Hedi's YSL has. It's still GOOD in retrospect, just not something that would hold up that well I think.

the one thing that will go down in history attached to Hedi's name is what he did to the man's black suit. He wasn't the first to do it like that, but he did it very well. All the other stuff is just footnotes...

He's the real reason I got into fashion.

Luster. I fell in love with it at the age of 13. It was this piece in particular, I can recall:

78358_luster063.jpg

What hooked me was the shock from the SS05 collection . The boys, the clothes, everything reminded me so much of my beloved Anne Rice vampires. Weird connection, yeah.

cw010023_16069.jpg

And the lucrative tribal elements...

00039m.jpg

And the "drop crotch" pants, or dhotis as I see them, from the last collection:

40392_stylisme2-002944.jpg

There was just so much innovation in his pieces. Irreplacable, really.