The Best of Dior Homme by Hedi Slimane

fade to black2

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

someone explain to me what is so great about the blood wound shirts!

i like the concept behind it...it's probably not a very wearable item as it seems so delicate. But i like that couture for men idea and the craftsmanship behind it.

Albert/Chinorlz made his own custom versions of those, first with AA tees then with DH button downs...he's made a killing off of em, i think at one point he sold one for nearly a G.

Kinda crazy how nobody ever mentioned Follow Me. After following DH for a few years, this collection stands out as the most original (note: not inventive), the look is such a mixture of samurai, jungle and lean. And the quality was outstandingly insane - 3/4th sleeved jackets, anyone?

With the little DH I have left, I can still pull quite a bunch of those Strip looks. Possibly my second favorite collection.

The short jackets from both VoTC & Beck are fantastic.

Anything from Solitaire is just fantastic. Anybody ever owned the silk tee's? I only touched one - sizzling!

Last, weirdest place to see a guy wearing DH: I was walking in at a New York dentist with a toothache, and a guy passing me, and I was like ?!, turned around: non-waxed bleu clair, ripped & destroyed denim jacket, and a sparkling shirt. Like the weirdest thing to wear to the dentist.

Its about time skecr8r!! missed your posts/outfits. should have known DH could have pulled you out of the woodwork.

skecr8r: you have sold all your DH? how come? how many pieces are you down to?

I don't know really - not that many. I count 5 shirts, 1 polo, 6 scarves, 4 pairs of jeans, 6 pairs of shoes (Including a pair that mysteriously dissapeared!), a few suitjackets (from Strip, Follow Me and S/S05), 2 pairs of dresspants, and then some pulls, tee's and accesories. Probably like 35 pieces.

Still selling stuff though, I wanna keep it formal, not too much shine and glitter anymore.

I prefer buying from Bottega Veneta, Balenciaga and Ann Demeulemeester now. Mostly Balenciaga, though. EDIT: And Jil Sander. How the hell could I forget. I'm in love with it.

Crazy seeing skecr8r post. Remember when I first started lurking here you were on the Dior Homme tip way ahead of anyone on this forum.

I don't think I was that far ahead, I jumped on the bandwagon about mid-Strip season. But possibly on this forum yes, but that was because this place is more ... Street? I still loved denim back then, though, I can't say I spend much money there anymore.

But anyway - Thanks! :)

Its about time skecr8r!! missed your posts/outfits. should have known DH could have pulled you out of the woodwork.

Well, yeah, if anything! ;) Hopefully I can post a bit more regularly from now on - maybe some new looks, you never know.

How've everyone been? Why is Fade_to_Black now Fade_to_Black2?

Well, yeah, if anything! ;) Hopefully I can post a bit more regularly from now on - maybe some new looks, you never know.

How've everyone been? Why is Fade_to_Black now Fade_to_Black2?

he had himself banned, went off on a spiritual journey, and returned wiser and happier (i think?). anyway we are glad to have him back.

you should do another "rate my look thread". that was my favorite (along with the epic battle we had about skinny jeans and their origins way back)

• 2 months later...

Some of the coolest and wearable are these:

00009mvf1.th.jpg00010mlt8.th.jpg00023mzt8.th.jpg1432950647cl3.th.jpg

00030mqx4.th.jpg00110mxk6.th.jpg00260mfo9.th.jpg00140mja6.th.jpg

I just love SS07 WLGT, SS05 Beck and AW04 VOTC for ispiration. But the other collections, i.e. Luster and Strip are cool but not so wearable. The collection I don't like so much is AW07 Upgrade You.The combination between boots and suits are cool, but not that kind of boots. I also like the long sleeves, I will go for that when it's time for AW. But most of it are shit, i.e. sweaters, shoes and most of the pants.

does anyone possibly know where this might come from?

bought from a sale rack in selfridges, london last summer I think.

Didn't you answer your own question? It's from selfridges?