The Best of Dior Homme by Hedi Slimane

fade to black2

that would of been albert (aka chin0rlz) from the group.

back in the day, this was a great community for dior homme enthusiests to congregate, but nowadays the group has deteriorated into something not much unlike the dior homme thread in superdenim.

http://groups.msn.com/diorhomme

Good comparison, right there. Albert is always inspiring with his projects.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone have any pictures (non-runway) of the crazy stuff from Luster -- either people wearing them, or just the pieces by themselves?

What kind of crazy stuff? I've got pictures of all kind of things, jeans, scarfs, gloves, jackets, jumpers, hoodies, polos, belts, shirts, some bags and so on... :)

i've seen a picture of someone wearing that jacket/tunic looking thing from the campaign. not the napoleon jacket (although i actually saw somebody wearing that in person at the supermarket, complete with leather pants!), but the other one... i think it was the first look in the show. it was interesting.

come on dude... look how great jack brennan looks here

00160m.jpg

and i love this look also.

00410m.jpg

well actually i just looked through the whole collection and there are a lot of terrible things in it (i must have blocked the ski jackets out of my memory) but i love the styling.

00090m.jpg

^ it also has the only dior homme t-shirt i would ever wear (i mean the end tshirt, not the sheer one, despite that being a tank)! but yeah quality did start going downhill starting with s/s 05... f/w 05 isn't that bad though.

whos jack brennan? is he romantically linked to hedi? cause ive been viewing past dior collection and noticed that he's been modelling since the early collection till the latest one, if im not mistaken.

i like that votc picture, that's the picture that got me into DH.

and i remember trying on a Rick Owens denim jacket that looks similar to the casual jacket in that Strip pic above...it looked good on me but i couldn't stomach payin that kinda price for a jean jacket considering i ever hardly get to wear one.

faves:

collection

1 votc(aw 2004)-perfect synergy of universal wearibility and edge.

2 follow me(ss 2003)-the collection that made me squeal. a perfect

backhand to those critical of hedi's skinny

silhouette

3 luster(aw 2003)-raw, slippery-slick perfection. a stylist's wet

dream

4 reflection(aw 2002)-top notch layering, a fine trajectory in the

dialogue, the definition of hedi's ultimate

vision

........as far as the campaigns go it doesn't get much better than the van lamsweerde/matadin campaigns from follw me through victim of the crime

Kinda crazy how nobody ever mentioned Follow Me. After following DH for a few years, this collection stands out as the most original (note: not inventive), the look is such a mixture of samurai, jungle and lean. And the quality was outstandingly insane - 3/4th sleeved jackets, anyone?

With the little DH I have left, I can still pull quite a bunch of those Strip looks. Possibly my second favorite collection.

The short jackets from both VoTC & Beck are fantastic.

Anything from Solitaire is just fantastic. Anybody ever owned the silk tee's? I only touched one - sizzling!

Last, weirdest place to see a guy wearing DH: I was walking in at a New York dentist with a toothache, and a guy passing me, and I was like ?!, turned around: non-waxed bleu clair, ripped & destroyed denim jacket, and a sparkling shirt. Like the weirdest thing to wear to the dentist.

new collection... i think i really like it, or maybe because i expected much less; but it's a huge huge huge improvement over last season imo. long sleeves like reflection, printed jackets, everything!

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070130/capt.xfm11101302014.france_fashion_xfm111.jpg?x=380&y=281&sig=_Wl_YvJnNg1GPalJK5gnSg--

i'd make a thread but i'm at work.

eh...those days are kinda behind me. i didn't feel that way about the past 3 seasons.

edit: come to think of it i dont even know why i bought those small items from them...that ss06 t-shirt, the jeans and sweater from fw06...i could/should have gotten some much more classic items for that kinda money. money is sparse, gotta spend wisely!

nah those weren't STF's...it was Asian edition Levi's 501, prewashed. AA hoodies, not tees. :)

and i remember that thread i made...i still have that kind of mentality towards consuming fashion. i don't mind appreciating it, but i just don't feel much need to buy a lot of stuff that i would have wanted to buy if i was in the position i was in before that thread. I think it helps I'm not in a financial position to acquire all that shit either.

man in ten years i can see myself wearing nothing but white t-shirts, black trousers and boots.

i just saw the collection in what i think is its entirety...it feels like Calvin Klein mixed with some Yohji, but filtered through a Dior Homme lens. It seems the defining cut for this season is the 3 button suit...i personally liked Dior's 2-buttons best, but at least it's not the 4, 5-button wacky experiments of SS 06...definitely a lot of Calvin Klein-ish feel in the black/white print tops...i said Yohji because of the way the pants seem to be styled, it's a lot of black high top boots with trousers stopping just at the top of the boots. Some of the pant silhouettes feel really Yohji (i.e. that 'dangling' feel)...don't know if it'll end up that way in stores, probably not. Also the knitwear, i think i saw a cardigan/zip up looking piece that looked like some kind of worn in wool that had a yohji/comme feel to it. The glittery pieces are reminiscent of Comme.

i'd give the collection a 6.5 or 7/10.

I'd kill for anything at all in my size (48, and 30 jeans/pants) pre-SS05... :) Yahoo Japan seems to have some stuff, I might buy something through db...

On a related note, recently went over F/W 05/06 and not so impressed, I had this idealized version of it in my head because I really like one look (and I still want the jacket from that look) in the collection and somehow it became so blown-up that I felt like the whole collection was great... oh well.