The Best of Dior Homme by Hedi Slimane

fade to black2

that post in the other thread about finally having a forum where there's no 'where can i cop?' questions reminded me...

so i dunno if the firstview collections are still up, if so someone pls link it up...let's post a picture of anything related to classic Dior Homme, not just the raw denims :D it could be your favorite runway photos, your own private collection, have at it!

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

votc & also s/s 05 both seemed fairly generic to me... what sets those apart from f/w 05? all 3 are 'wearable' collections and lacked a lot of the details of ie. luster. imo hedi's best work were his ysl collections.

votc's tailoring and quality was still impeccable, and it was classic - it was probably the last collection where the brand kept its integrity and wasn't quite pandering to the raw denim-print tee H&M demographic yet. SS05 was mostly beefed up through styling tricks - most of what i saw in stores was pretty mediocre so i'll give you that one.

While we are on the subject of Dior Homme, I am ready to see some fresh young talent. I mean Dior Homme by Hedi Slimane is past its "Golden Years" and is on an unispired downward spiral. Right now I feel he is just making clothes for Karl Lagerfield. Until Mr.Slimane can find a new direction and ispiration, I will be waiting for his replacement.

come on dude... look how great jack brennan looks here

00160m.jpg

and i love this look also.

00410m.jpg

well actually i just looked through the whole collection and there are a lot of terrible things in it (i must have blocked the ski jackets out of my memory) but i love the styling.

00090m.jpg

^ it also has the only dior homme t-shirt i would ever wear (i mean the end tshirt, not the sheer one, despite that being a tank)! but yeah quality did start going downhill starting with s/s 05... f/w 05 isn't that bad though.

made this one a long time ago, but it still maintains.

props for...

collected.jpg

the collections where most of my shit came from (sans solitaire): red/boys don't cry, reflection and luster.

Reflection was awesome! Loving the long shirt sleeves and the pins, totally reminds me of english students. Something I also liked from Luster/Strip were their riveted boots/sneakers (hi-top of course). Something I will definitely pay top bills for.

^^^

co-signed...i've always liked Reflection because it's got that prep school boy out on the town edge to it. 21st century insouciant dandyism at its finest, its the dh collection that spoke to me the most.

the Strip hi-tops are the last (and only) DH sneakers i've ever liked. the VOTC german armys are nice too, if a bit too polished, and the ones that come out now come across as too metro.

For Dior Homme discussions, there is an MSN group specifically for Dior Homme. Someone there even made imitations of the Lesage embroidered blood-wound shirt.

that would of been albert (aka chin0rlz) from the group.

back in the day, this was a great community for dior homme enthusiests to congregate, but nowadays the group has deteriorated into something not much unlike the dior homme thread in superdenim.

http://groups.msn.com/diorhomme