The Best of Dior Homme by Hedi Slimane

fade to black2

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does, there was no consistency back then. :)

I have a pair of silk trousers from RED, a black musketeer polo and some other things that I might sell, I will contact you if i do.

Yoox had amazing pieces from Reflection back then, I still regret not buying them, but I was always short on money.

Sigh.

Reflection pieces can be tricky to pull off though i you are used to the slimmer cut of seasons like Strip. I had this beautiful Reflection jacket with leather cuff links and leather belt that I had to sell because I never got used to the fit. The quality was superb though. You also have to appreciate the flow unstructured garments from Reflection have.

It does, there was no consistency back then. :)

I have a pair of silk trousers from RED, a black musketeer polo and some other things that I might sell, I will contact you if i do.

Yoox had amazing pieces from Reflection back then, I still regret not buying them, but I was always short on money.

Sigh.

yeah, I recently got a leather from solitaire and it's labeled 52 but fits pretty much like roomy 46. it's dope.

Reflection pieces can be tricky to pull off though i you are used to the slimmer cut of seasons like Strip. I had this beautiful Reflection jacket with leather cuff links and leather belt that I had to sell because I never got used to the fit. The quality was superb though. You also have to appreciate the flow unstructured garments from Reflection have.

I had tried it on in different sizes, it was very boxy, but that was the cut. I have the campaign trench coat, a parka and a coat with belt and all three are fantastic items. I believe that up to Follow Me, DH had the best fabrics.

The quality in Reflection is undisputed to be sure. The jacket that I had was made in France (by the end, only the best leather jackets were made in France). Even the zippers were something to marvel at. Yet, it was such a demanding piece. You could never wear it just with anything. If you tried to pull it off casually, it just didn't look very good. In the end of the day, I prefer clothes that are a little more flexible. But if you are into styling your look meticulously every day, and don't mind the boxier cut, Reflection pieces are awesome.

The quality in Reflection is undisputed to be sure. The jacket that I had was made in France (by the end, only the best leather jackets were made in France). Even the zippers were something to marvel at. Yet, it was such a demanding piece. You could never wear it just with anything. If you tried to pull it off casually, it just didn't look very good. In the end of the day, I prefer clothes that are a little more flexible. But if you are into styling your look meticulously every day, and don't mind the boxier cut, Reflection pieces are awesome.

The thing with Dior Homme back then is that every piece had so many details on it, that you had to spend some time just looking at it to appreciate all the little things that made it nice. Well put together design, something that you don't see with new clothing anymore or at least that often. It was couture for men.

Yes of course. Although nowadays the fit of the blazers and jackets seem a little too roomy (check the sleeves, they are hardly slim) they were still very attractive clothes back then.

I don't think there is anyone who would disagree over Slimane's talent (and his assistants which he chose to work with him so credit goes to both parts).

As KVA, i like some of his clothes from his collection, but he has been very nervous over Dior. I was talking to someone from LVMH and he told me that the company believes it is a little early to judge him. Who knows...

Too bad there are no more pics of his YSL collections. I've seen this S/S 00 many times, and I really like it. In 2008, it's totally refreshing to see larger pants.

On another note, have the Dior Homme sales increased or decreased over the past year?

He's the real reason I got into fashion.

Luster. I fell in love with it at the age of 13. It was this piece in particular, I can recall:

78358_luster063.jpg

And the "drop crotch" pants, or dhotis as I see them, from the last collection:

40392_stylisme2-002944.jpg

There was just so much innovation in his pieces. Irreplacable, really.

I needed a new background and decided to mesh those two pics together. Though I might as well share it in here.

I'm not a photoshop god, so there's still quite a few imperfections, but it works for me :)

http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/3135/diorbackgroundeb2.jpg

• 1 month later...

the drop crotch pants is a work of art imo....

has anyone here seen the full leather version of the drop crotch pants?

it is spectacular....

as for seasons, i like all Dior Homme stuff during the hedi era....

i especially loved the blood wound shirt and the luster jacket....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...