Coachella

JesseJB

Bjork has west coast dates around that time, could be kinda cool. I'm guessing David Bowie will be one of the headliners, especially with the confirmation of his new album. Also heard rumors of Rollings Stones... whatever.

A buddy of mine is a huge Daft Punk fan and he swears they aren't touring this year.

wait

when do tix go on sale again?

i missed the advance sale... trying not to miss it again, especially since it sells out so fucking fast

I missed pre-sale too but have no idea when tickets are going on sale. anybody know?

Went the year before last but missed out on 2012.

Who’s Already Confirmed?

Nine acts have prematurely revealed their participation through interviews, Twitter, or on their websites:

– Alex Clare: British songwriter confirmed his appearance in an interview with RollingStone.com

– Bat For Lashes: UK songstress Natasha Khan confirmed her appearance in an interview with Flavorpill

– Bingo Players: Dutch production duo confirmed their appearance via their booking agency’s website (the listing has since been pulled)

– Dirtybird Players Tour featuring Claude VonStroke, Justin Martin, and more: EDM heavyweights confirmed tour’s appearance on its website

– Father John Misty: Coachella organizer Paul Tollett confirmed J. Tillman’s appearance during the Coachella cruise

– Hardwell: Dutch DJ briefly listed Coachella on his Facebook page

– Paul Kalkbrenner: German electronic musician confirmed his appearance in an interview with Pure Volume

– Kill the Noise: Fool’s Gold producer confirmed his appearance in an interview with Billboard

– Rodriguez: Celebrated songwriter currently lists the festival on his website

– The Underachievers: Brainfeeder-signed duo confirmed their appearance on Twitter

Who Else is Likely?

Based on tour schedules or suggestive answers in interviews or on Twitter, these acts also appear destined for Indio:

– Aesop Rock: Fellow rapper Murs cited Aesop Rock’s appearance at Coachella as the reason he would not be appearing at the Paid Dues music festival

– Alt-J: Rising UK outfit has West coast dates scheduled in the days leading up to Coachella

– Beach House: Dates scheduled before and after the two Coachella weekends

– Grimes: Claire Boucher hinted an appearance on Twitter

– Local Natives: Indie rockers have West coast dates scheduled immediately preceding Coachella

– Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds: Legendary rockers have a lone West coast datescheduled between Coachella weekends

– Sigur Rós: Icelandic outfit has West coast dates scheduled in the days leading up to Coachella

– Sky Ferreira: Rising pop star hinted at an appearance in an interview with Popdust

– Stars: Canadian outfit has West coast dates scheduled prior to Coachella

– Superhumanoids: Electronic project has West coast dates scheduled around Coachella

– Tegan & Sara: Twins have a West coast date scheduled around Coachella

– Two Door Cinema Club: Irish rockers have West coast dates scheduled in the days leading up to Coachella

– Wild Belle: Chicago upstarts has a San Francisco date scheduled with Yeasayer right before Coachella

– Yeasayer: Alternative outfit has a San Francisco date scheduled Wild Belle right before Coachella

Other Strong Possibilities

The evidence for these acts isn’t as concrete, but they all seem to be reasonable bets:

– Alabama Shakes: Grammy-nominated rock band has yet to play Coachella and has no Los Angeles date scheduled

– Angel Haze: Rising rapper has no Los Angeles date among her extensive North American tour with Major Lazer

– Big Boi: OutKast rapper hinted at an appearance in an interview with Popmatters

– Björk: Icelandic songstress has plans for a West coast residency this Spring

– Divine Fits: Britt Daniels hinted at super group’s appearance during Reddit AMA

– Infected Mushroom: Electronic duo is playing a GoldenVoice-presented showduring the second Coachella weekend

– Major Lazer: Diplo and friends have no Los Angeles date among their extensive North American tour. They’re also playing a number of other major music festivals.

– Passion Pit: The Michael Angelakos-led outfit has yet to reveal its West coast tour schedule

– Phoenix: With a new album due out in April, Coachella would serve as a nice, high-profile launch to a busy summer

– Yeah Yeah Yeahs: Karen O & Co. have scheduled an intimate Los Angeles show at Coachella-affiliated venue

Who Will Headline?

A month ago, The Rolling Stones, Daft Punk, and a combination of Phoenix/Yeah Yeah Yeahs were presumptive favorites as Coachella 2013 favorites. But things change in a month, specifically The Rolling Stones publicly shooting down their rumors, someone else shooting down Daft Punk’s, and David Bowie starting his own with news of a new album. Any of these acts could headline — but it remains to be seen which ones actually will.

– The Rolling Stones: The legendary outfit has long been considered a favorite for 2013, so Mick Jagger’s recent claim regarding the festival’s lack of interest was certainly surprising. Mick could be playing coy, or maybe Coachella nabbed another legacy act.

– David Bowie: …a legacy act such as David Bowie. Ziggy Stardust remains at the top of the festival’s wishlist and the timing of his recent album announcement certainly fuels rumors of his long-desired appearance finally coming to fruition. Then again, Bowie’s spokesman has already come out and said that the musician has no plans to perform live.

– Daft Punk: Like The Stones, many pitted the French electronic duo as shoe-ins for this year’s Coachella right until last week, when a fellow festival organizer said he tried to book Daft Punk and was told they would not be touring in 2013.

– Red Hot Chili Peppers: The rock legends have played just about every festival other than Coachella in the last 12 months and with their world tour winding down in April, some have speculated of a last hurrah at their hometown festival.

– Green Day: The West coast punks have never played Coachella

– Yeah Yeah Yeahs: If they’re there, are they big enough to headline?

– Phoenix: (See Yeah Yeah Yeahs)

– deadmau5: If Daft Punk doesn’t headline, then deadmau5 could fill the EDM headliner quota

Who else?

Though their 2013 touring plans remain up in the air, don’t be surprised to see some of these acts take the stage at Coachella:

– The Postal Service: Apparently a reunion is “in the worksâ€

– Queens of the Stone Age: A new album is on the way and Josh Homme lives right down the road

– How to Destroy Angels: Trent Reznor has promised to take his new project out on the road, and what better place to make a debut than at Coachella?

– The Stone Roses: Reunited UK outfit has yet to play the U.S.

– Blur: Could Coachella nab the Roses and Blur? Plus, Damon Albarn’s rag-tag team are playing a Mexico festival earlier in March.

– Hot Chip: They’ll already be in the states for Ultra

– D’Angelo: Maybe the R&B legend will head to the Polo Grounds to debut material off his almost-complete new studio album?

– James Blake: Will the UK wunderkind will head to the Polo Grounds to debut material off his forthcoming sophomore album?

– Warpaint: The all-female quartet played the Coachella cruise and has a new album on the way

– Earl Sweatshirt: He wasn’t home in time to join his crew for their debut Coachella performance

I missed pre-sale too but have no idea when tickets are going on sale. anybody know?

Went the year before last but missed out on 2012.

Last year it was the second friday of this month, 2011 was the third friday of the month. It's always the friday after they release the lineup

Edited by FlippyEh

http://blog.pe.com/a...p-be-announced/

Historically the lineup has been getting released earlier and earlier until this year with the exception of 2009.

interesting chart in that article ha

so, next week then.

anyway, are all of the hotels in palms springs usually booked already?

i been meaning to chill at some of those ace hotel parties for some time now

anyway, are all of the hotels in palms springs usually booked already?

i been meaning to chill at some of those ace hotel parties for some time now

Hotels get booked up like a week after they announce the dates the year prior mane.

I'm sorry but that lineup is weak as fuck. Basically all those bands are touring CA anyway. And don't give me some "it's about the festival vibe" bullshit, I don't even wanna hear it.

And can we all finally admit that RHCP are garbage. No one can possibly like the bullshit that they've been selling for the last 20 plus years.

any lineup with the wu-tang clan on it is the opposite of weak

also j5, el-p, aesop rock, tame impala, disclosure, julio bashmore to name a few. lineup is really fucking tight. ya i mean the headliners arent special but with these massive american festivals headliners dont matter at all.

yeah my "weak as fuck" rant was mainly referring to the headliners. but saying headliners don't matter, come the fuck on bro. i'll admit there are several bands/artists i'd like to see outside a festival. the 45 min set thing just doesn't do it for me anymore.

that said, i still fucking loath the red hot chili peppers.

fuck it, I pulled the trigger on this instead. Pretty much everyone I wasn't able to see/wanted to see again from Coachella 2011 or last year's Outsidelands. The only bands I'm prolly gonna be bummed out to miss are New Order and Descendents. anyway.

GovernorsBall2013Lineup.jpg