Coachella

JesseJB

Ive never gone to the festival before but I think this might be the year. Any info from those with experience?

I have not been either but a coworker of mine has never missed one and he says it is really fun/nice venue/overall very enjoyable experience. He does however have access to badges that let him into VIP sections/tents what have you. He reccomends it very highly.

Ive never gone to the festival before but I think this might be the year. Any info from those with experience?

Ive gone and seen The Cure / Radiohead in '04 and NIN in '05. If you're planning to be in the crowd, I suggest you dress light and in light colors; shorts and a t-shirt, and have plenty of sun block. Most importantly, you're going to need to stay hydrated. For The Cure, I endured +10 hours under the blazing desert sun (temperatures in excess of 100deg F), with a bag full of water bottles. Throughout the day, people around me were fainting from dehydration and security had to pull'em out, while I was able to stay and make my way to the very front till they finally came out.

Dont take this advice lightly if you plan to hit front row for the headline, I put down +15 water bottles throughout the day, but perspired so much I never had to go to the bathroom once from it. Strongly suggest you buy a hydration pack and just fill it with ice so it'll gradually melt and you'll have cold water. I'm aware that the rules say they're not allowed, but took a chance with it in '05, and security let me in with it anyway.

Camelbaks do the trick. I got mine on ebay new for around $40, instead of paying the $120+ retail.

more information here:

http://www.camelbak.com/index.cfm

^^hahah camelbaks?! i dont know if its that serious..

For those who want some all access passes.. (Thanks to the fine people at sony playstation) i may be able to sell u some (i normally sell my extras right there at the gates). I'll keep u posted.

^^hahah camelbaks?! i dont know if its that serious..

For those who want some all access passes.. (Thanks to the fine people at sony playstation) i may be able to sell u some (i normally sell my extras right there at the gates). I'll keep u posted.

Like I said, that's if you want to make it front row for the headline. Despite that, it still helps so you dont have to keep running back to the water stand every few hours.

Rage Against the Machine reunion just confirmed... along with Bjork and Chilli Peppers...

Dont take this advice lightly if you plan to hit front row for the headline, I put down +15 water bottles throughout the day, but perspired so much I never had to go to the bathroom once from it. Strongly suggest you buy a hydration pack and just fill it with ice so it'll gradually melt and you'll have cold water. I'm aware that the rules say they're not allowed, but took a chance with it in '05, and security let me in with it anyway.

Camelbaks do the trick. I got mine on ebay new for around $40, instead of paying the $120+ retail.

more information here:

http://www.camelbak.com/index.cfm

Some of the best advice I have ever heard on this forum. I went to the Crossroads festival in the cotton bowl and watched people suffer like bastards from dehydration in 100+ heat.

Jesus, three days? Rather thank just picking what bands to go see, now I have to pick what day to miss? Assuming that I can even go this year, which will probably be pre-determined by if I can get a hold of some backstage / all access / whatever passes, otherwise finals will probably have to come first.

Been the last two years. Great time!

Seen some of the best live shows you might except to all in the space of two days. Haven't checked this years line up. Anyone on here who can hook up some SF'ers with badges / armbands / whatever?

I can't hook you up, but I will be kicking it backstage with mine........

Saturday is by far the best day; although it would be perfect if they added Placebo and Happy Mondays to the roster. I have no desire to see any of the bands on Friday.

With Regina Spektor, The Cribs, Travis, RHCP, Arcade Fire, and Ghostface on Sat. it will be a fucking great day.

no daft punk ='(

Up until last year I would have made fun of that remark, but having seen them at the last Coachella I'm as disappointed as you are.

I dunno...the lineup just looks like a rehash of years past. I really don't see anyone on the bill I haven't seen at Coachella before. DJ Shadow would be nice, as would the RATM reunion (although I'm not huge on them). Going to be interesting to see how much $$$ 3 days will be but per usual the physical toll of just two days is just as brutal.

Up until last year I would have made fun of that remark, but having seen them at the last Coachella I'm as disappointed as you are.

I dunno...the lineup just looks like a rehash of years past. I really don't see anyone on the bill I haven't seen at Coachella before. DJ Shadow would be nice, as would the RATM reunion (although I'm not huge on them). Going to be interesting to see how much $$$ 3 days will be but per usual the physical toll of just two days is just as brutal.

I slept from 10 at night until 5 the next night after two days of Coachella, it's a lot of work running around in the blazing sun for two days. Yeah, line-up has definitely seen better days, and I agree, I would never have cared about Daft Punk until seeing them last year, even though I was almost passing out.

Oh, yeah.

Fuck you, England. Get me backstage!

i hate this shit, because all the bands i actually care about seeing are split apart.

the perfect 07, in my head, from headliners to opener

Jesus and Mary Chain

Sonic Youth

Happy Mondays

Bjork

-----

Placebo

-----

Ghostface Killah

Spankrock

-----

Klaxons

MSTRKRFT

Justice

Erol Alkan

Girl Talk

Soulwax

-----

Lily Allen

A lot of good stuff on Saturday. Seriously considering going up for just the one day, the other line-ups are looking rather lackluster in comparions (Sans Bjork, of course, Digital_D), especially since I've already seen Sonic Youth.

I think that if they cut the fluff and made it two days they would have two much more impressive line-ups. More on par with the last couple of years, at the least.

I have to agree, alot of retreads. I've gone a couple of times and would heartily concur about hydration, though when they moved it back last year it wasn't as hot...but, i live in AZ so maybe i'm acclimated. At least they don't rape you on the price of water.

For those who haven't been, you aren't gonna see all the bands you want. Way to many conflicting showtimes..and most bands only play for 45/50 minutes, cept for the headliners. And, you better hope everything goes off without a hitch..wasn't to thrilled about a 25 minute set from the Lips. And, what is up with Happy Mondays (yeah, I really wanna watch a 45 year old heroin addict..sigh). Shit, they never did anything great to begin with (they were no stone roses or charlatans), and now they have comedy at the festival? Crowded House? Jack's Mannequin...Coachella has officially jumped the shark.

Also, bands often are added as well..or drop out. HELLO WILCO. WELCOME BECK.

You are definitely gonna wanna book a motel/hotel early. All the cheap places go very quickly. Myself, I always stay in Palm Springs in a decent hotel. Get a decent breakfast at the jewish deli and i'm good to go. I usually get there around 3ish.

Now I gotta miss a day of work for friday's shows. Yea, i'm old..so i'm gonna wanna catch JAMC and Jarvis.