Coachella

JesseJB

Totally the wrong venue for Godspeed

But mannnn, Refused and ATDI?

crazy

Company Flow is big too

and I can highly recommend seeing Modeselektor's set....they're great live. Also, that would be a great venue for Gaslamp Killer

Overall, that's a damn good lineup!

The question is..........do I skip my MBA exams to go to Coachella 2012? :P

really contemplating it this year. ATDI and Refused is big big big news. and Flying Lotus? shiiiiit. i think that may be enough to get me there - though depends on if this is ATDI's only show.

and this two weekend deal is suppose to lessen the crowds - it's essentially the same festival two weekends in the row.

Edited by mapz

Totally the wrong venue for Godspeed

I've seen Godspeed 6 times, all in relatively small venues.... I'm not worried about that anymore.

My main hesitation is that I'm pretty much over festivals. I did them so much in high school and college that I'm pretty burned out.

I'm also not worried about At The Drive-In because they're from TX so they'll definitely tour here.

Layne - having seen GYBE at a small venue, i'm sure you know exactly what I'm talking about when I say that Coachella isn't really the right venue for them. Also, I whole heartedly agree re: festivals (mind you, I also have the extra cost of flying my ass down to CA)

my opinion, of course

And i'd be way more pumped for Refused than any other band there

Overall, its a damn good lineup

Didn't even notice Sub Focus and FlyLo on the bill as well. huge!

Really though, needs more Odd Future (8)

There was another dude who's name was acrobatic tenement

ya thats who it was

you guys camp out for coachella or rent a house? The lineup looks interesting enough this year but can't really afford to spend a grip on this shit.

You guys think going the 1st weekend will be any better than the 2nd?

camping fasho... half the fun is gettin all bohemian in the camp grounds n shit

The party starts when the music finishes in my opinion when camping. I bought my ticket months ago, honestly, I couldn't careless who plays, it's the fun times with your mates that makes the whole experience. When the line-up is cracking then it's a bonus. Just the fact that I will get to see Refused play live will probably make this 5th time the best one. May be the last one depending on how the double weekend goes though. We will find out very soon...

presale tix on that layaway system went on sale months ago... that's why GA tickets for week one are sold out already.

All that's left are the shuttle+GA for the first week... which is so much bullshit (Luckily I already have my ticket, but last year had to get the shuttle pass)

edit::

interesting... http://www.billboard.com/news/was-black-sabbath-confirmed-for-coachella-1005831752.story#/news/was-black-sabbath-confirmed-for-coachella-1005831752.story

Black Keys really don't feel like a headliner... makes sense

Edited by Dex_star

http://www.coachella.com/festival-passes

Make sure Weekend 1 is selected and it should say sold out under the regular GA tickets. Kind of ridiculous that they're only bundling with shuttle passes, but oh well. Weekend 2 is still available, no surprise there.

I have to say I'm pretty shocked by The Black Keys headlining, but that article Dex posted makes some sense of it all. We'll have to see how it goes in a few months I guess. Here's hoping 2 weekends works.

i'm doin weekend 1 & car camping

i hope refused (somehow) plays their really old songs... they were pretty sick as a straightedge hc band lol

but they probably won't!

sup coachella meetups

Can we get some Coachella stories? I know you guys got some fun shit to share from past experiences...

I'll open up with the fact that every year I go, there's always just one super weird thing I'll randomly see when I'm super drugged out walking around the campground... two years ago was jesus jumping on a trampoline while everyone else was doing yoga... last year was a random dude dressed in a full cow suit chillen alone in the middle of the field sitting on a fence smoking

might not sound like much, but in the context of it all, i will never forget those moments

I remember my car camping neighbors were smoking and putting star wars stickers on each other and by the time I came back a couple hours later all their stuff was covered in star wars stickers and for the rest of the weekend I kept on finding random star wars stickers in their camp area when I was chilling with them