Coachella

JesseJB

Anyone keep one of the balloons? How did they work cause they were fucking swag!

I got one of them! And yeah theyre battery powered, mine is still going lol. Wish I could have caught One Day As A Lion and a few others but I did get to see Skrillex OFWGKTA Lauryn Hill Yacht Cold War Kids INTERPOL THE BLACK KEYS KINGS OF LEON Gogol Bordello TWO DOOR CINEMA CLUB Glasser Cage the Elephant Broken Social Scene Bright Eyes MUMFORD & SONS Animal Collective ARCADE FIRE Wiz Khalifa JIMMY EAT WORLD NAS & DAMIAN MARLEY DEATH FROM ABOVE 1979 THE NATIONAL Foster The People Duran Duran THE STROKES and KANYE WEST.

The DFA show was epic and the pits during the set were amazing. Pretty much everyone I got to see really brought it with their performances and I was pleasantly surprised by alot of bands that I thought wouldnt. All in all great show. All of the half naked chicks helped too. The only thing that sucked was the bottle necking in the parking lots after the shows fuuuuuuck.

• 1 month later...

I think I might be back again. I'm in the "waiting room" right now.

This is worse than a supreme drop

coachellawaiting.png

http://coachella-weekend1.frontgatetickets.com/

http://coachella-weekend2.frontgatetickets.com/

The two weekends thing really boggles my mind.

Is it going to be different bands for each weekend?

same bands, art, etc both weekeds... theyre just trying to make it so that more people can go, without making it overly crowded like in 2010

I really don't like it though, coachella supposed to be one crazy ass weekend where everyone goess all out. Two seperate weekends feels like its gonna downplay the epicness of it all

got my shit too. that waiting room is tricky as fukk. its only good for a week

heres how the layaway plan works:

Deposit Now $41.00

Payment 1 Jul 1, 2011 $34.10

Payment 2 Aug 1, 2011 $34.10

Payment 3 Sep 1, 2011 $34.10

Payment 4 Oct 1, 2011 $34.10

Payment 5 Nov 1, 2011 $34.10

Payment 6 Dec 1, 2011 $34.10

Payment 7 Jan 1, 2012 $34.10

Payment 8 Feb 1, 2012 $40.30

"We had too many people who wanted to go [in 2011]," Tollett told Billboard.biz on Wednesday. "We feel that [in 2012] there will be even more that want to go, so we're trying to create more room for them. The options would be to sell more tickets on one weekend or have two weekends, and [the latter] is the option we went with."

Why the Coachella Fest Is Expanding to Two Weekends

same bands, art, etc both weekeds... theyre just trying to make it so that more people can go, without making it overly crowded like in 2010

I really don't like it though, coachella supposed to be one crazy ass weekend where everyone goess all out. Two seperate weekends feels like its gonna downplay the epicness of it all

Agreed. There's no longer the same meaning when you say,

"Hey! Are you going to Coachella?"

"Which one?"

"The first one"

"Damn, I'm in the other one"

Anyway, just kopped tickets for Coachella #1 :)

I feel like it would totally take the surprise and excitement out of Coachella #2 if like all Coachella #1 videos and media were already uploaded to the internet and shit before a Coachella #2 person even stepped through the gates.

They would already know what to expect from like every set, like reading the spoilers before watching a movie

I guess now it would be physically possible to see every headliner now if you go BOTH weekends

• 5 months later...

Coachella is awful now, I thought SuFu would have enough taste to agree.

I used to go every year, think the last year I went was like 08-07

but the crowd has dropped off sooooooo much now in addition to the talent over the past few years

2011 wasn't a bad year for music. So you never know they might come out with a good lineup this year. Im just scared on which weekend to choose. I feel like either the artists are going to go hard as fuck the first weekend and be burnt out, bored, or tired the next weekend. Or no one will go hard the first weekend and save everything for the second.

• 1 month later...

mutha fuckin bump for the weeknd and at the drive-in (not confirmed, but surprised if not)

I heard this too. Made me really interested in going. Also heard a rumor about The Refused reuniting for Coachella. But, man, I don't give two fucks about the headliners except for Foo Fighters. In fact, I'd rather give my money away before paying to see bullshit like LMFAO and Death Cab for Cutie.