Thoughts on 5EP jeans.

Tytan

Quote:

Yes, the selvedge thread is yellow. Ringring is right, both legs twist around the same direction about the same amount.

We should really start a meta-thread of links of and actual denim pics. That would be neat.

--- Original message by soultek on Apr 25, 2005 08:45 AM

silly me, i didnt notice how the left leg (right as you look) had twisted too!

Thanks for the info on pricing guys - I'll have to go and actually check out the cuts in person. I dont expect to be pleased - I prefer a much more updated cut (very slim, low rise with a slight boot is nice). I might even check out their womens jeans too. I've seen one pair of 45rpms in real life. They were beautiful, but the cut wasn't really my style.

yeah, the bc 4000 are very nice, however, they don't have nearly as much personality after the initial break in. i almost bought them one day but realized that. since the left hand twill is so soft, it doesn't crease and form any of the wear marks that i like on my jeans. they are beautiful, though.

RHFIV

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

just thought id share a recent find, I picked these Dope+Drakkar 1100s at a local thrift store for $20 . . I was blown away they were there and for so cheap . . imo they are very nicely worn, no real holes, kinda felt sorry for the person that gave them up . .

these are increadibly soft (obviously worn in), really good details, very slubby denim. Hadn't been too impressed with the general fit of levi repro's i've seen, but these are not as anti-fit as I had expected.

couldn't find a specific dope+drakkar thread but came across this 5EP one with d+d posts on it, hope there's no confusion.

3520f46a.jpg

720170f5.jpg

bd836ec0.jpg

de0b0ca3.jpg

e7a62aca.jpg

c51a8130.jpg

48ea3742.jpg

yeah, at first I thought they had to be fakes or something, but I guess the thrift store mgr just had no clue . . .

minya- i'll let you know if I plan on getting rid of them, though right now its not looking very likely icon_smile.gif

songangel - sorry to dissapoint, but I'm not the "Black Arm", just a regular 'the black arm'

Edited by the black arm on Nov 22, 2005 at 11:42 PM

Quote:

yeah, at first I thought they had to be fakes or something, but I guess the thrift store mgr just had no clue . . .

minya- i'll let you know if I plan on getting rid of them, though right now its not looking very likely icon_smile.gif

songangel - sorry to dissapoint, but I'm not the "Black Arm", just a regular 'the black arm'

Edited by the black arm on Nov 22, 2005 at 11:42 PM

--- Original message by the black arm on Nov 22, 2005 10:07 PM

wheres this thrift place mgr or whatever?

Quote:

Those vintage Dope + Drakkars are..well, DOPE!

What's the availabilty of dope+drakkars online? Or are they one of those obscure Japanese brands that require celga?

--- Original message by triniboy27 on Nov 23, 2005 08:33 AM

They have a website http://www.dopexdrakkar.com but it's in Japanese.

soultek mentioned that Levi's is reportedly suing them for copyright/tag placement issues and that they are not available through US retailers. I think this may be true because a store here that used to carry them told me they "weren't supposed to sell them anymore."

If it is true then they probably cannot be shipped here legally by the online store. But you would still be able to get them through celga, bid-service etc., same as the other Levi repros not sold in the US.

ask a cassowary

wheres this thrift place mgr or whatever?

its in sf, not exactly sure the region since I was just passin through, but the place was on market st. its kind of a "higher-end" thrift store, among the regular used levi's etc. they had used diesels, paper denim . . . mostly more popular brands

Edited by the black arm on Nov 23, 2005 at 06:46 PM

Edited by the black arm on Nov 23, 2005 at 06:46 PM

I've got those same D+D jeans, they're great. The belt loops on mine look a little different though. Only gripes are that the leg is slightly tapered and the stitching is falling apart after owning them for 2 years.

The only US retailer that carried them was AB Fits in SF, only because they were friends with the D+D guy. When they stopped carrying them I asked why, and they told me about the Levis lawsuit.

Makes sense you found them in SF, but who would have bought them there for and then dumped them unless they were lost or stolen..

Quote:

Damn you all with your vintage shops that have stuff you actually want to buy.

All I see in our vintage shops are a bunch of 90's Levi's Orange tab jeans.

Hideous.

--- Original message by triniboy27 on Nov 24, 2005 01:14 PM

plus San Francisco has Amoeba Records. icon_smile.gif

• 1 year later...