Restaurant Week NYC

doctorgnar

http://www.nycvisit.com/RestaurantWeekSearch/index.cfm?pagePkey=1713

I'm not sure, but last time I went to Tavern on the Green. The lobster bisque was off the meatrack.

Any suggestions? Any sufu'ers want to do a meet-and-eat for this upcoming Restaurant Week? I have no people to go dining with. :/

Oh my fucking god.

Could you elaborate on your "oh my fucking god"? I don't know whether to read it as you think I'm an idiot for going there, or as an idiot for going there. Please clarify, thanks.

Could you throw an extra punch for me? I shudder at the thought of Flay.

Someone flip over whatever dish/table he's eating at and then stand over the scattered remains of his food for me! Tell him "how do you like it now?" while you're at it.

The fuckin' bastard.

http://www.flakmag.com/tv/flay.html

http://www.nycvisit.com/RestaurantWeekSearch/index.cfm?pagePkey=1713

I'm not sure, but last time I went to Tavern on the Green. The lobster bisque was off the meatrack.

Any suggestions? Any sufu'ers want to do a meet-and-eat for this upcoming Restaurant Week? I have no people to go dining with. :/

the STEAK!!!!! :)

Craftbar is good

Del Posto is 3-star in the latest Michelin Guide

Lupa and Esca are ex-Batalli places

Molyvos and Periyali are good greek food

not a BAD list this year, but i've seen better in the past, plus the worst thing about restaurant week is you can never tell which places are gonna screw you by offering a very limited menu to those partaking in the discounts...sucks.

stay away from MESA grill. There is no quality control and food isn't even that good to begin with. Punching Bobby Flay would be the ONLY reason to go, and he spends all his time at the Food Network Studios now anyway...

smith and wollensky.
i wish i could be in nyc during then. sidney! go forth and eat in mine and chardy's behalf.
can I just go ahead and kindly request a "steak"ish place?

Ok, someone let's make this shit happen. We got two weeks. Let's plan a date and find a restaurant. Or two. Lunch + sufu shop + din din. :)

Nothing on there I haven't been to that I am itching to try.

A few from the list that I've liked in the past, aside from the "standards" (Gramercy, Boulud, Nobu, Union Sq Cafe)

Gotham

Megu

Spice Market

Tabla

Artisinal & Le Cirque are both usually pretty good but sometimes eh.

We've got an insider!

Okay, what is THE place to go? If there could be only one?

If i was going to one place on that list i'd go to craftbar. that's just my preference.

but if we're talking about favorite "upscale" places in NYC, that's another story all together.

I want to go to Les Halles. Sadly I won't be in NYC any time soon.

Is Les Halles on the Restaurant Week list? I didn't see it, but maybe i just overlooked it.

Sadly, as much as i love Bourdain (although he doesn't actually cook there anymore) it's not all that great. It's just typical french bistro food catering to a "power lunch" crowd at both the downtown and Park Ave South locations. The steak frites are pretty good, though, but i'd say not worth the trip on there own.

I'll try to hit The Moden and Megu for Dinner.

Really can't make lunch anywhere but I'd go to morimoto, fiamma, and kittichai. With most of the places you can get 2 course lunch for under $25 ... so I don't see it resturant week saving me that much cash.

I like to try most of these expensive places out for brunch (although sadly I doubt the executive chef is cooking (or watching and dripping his finger in sauces etc)).