jaspar

Stevenson Overall Company

Yeah, I’m sure.  For me, the infrequent washing is entirely a function of not wanting to wait for them to dry.

On 6/2/2018 at 8:16 AM, STINGER93 said:

Curious about this too!

I've had a look at the the 320 Jacksons in-store before and the fabric is beautiful - really dark and inky in color - but I wasn't brave enough given that I really have no sense of what Stevenson's sanforized denim ages like...

This is about all I could find searching everywhere, hopefully the Instagram link works. I would say they age very very nicely. Can't believe their sanforized. 

Edited by SmokeStackLightning
Added second link.

I took that photo on that Denimhunters Instagram and can attest that it looked just as great in person. 

Just did what must be at least wash 12 on my 727s. They're 9 months old now and I can officially confirm that this is my favorite pair of jeans I've ever owned.STEVES_FRONT.thumb.jpg.06dfec6e8ba573a52c57403dc1f0ff07.jpgSTEVES_BACK.thumb.jpg.6ca118867e1b21193cad70724f9033fb.jpg

Amazing ! Could you eventually take a fit pic?

How useable are the front pockets on the 727's or 767's? They almost seem placed at an angle that would make them easier to use. 

1 hour ago, SmokeStackLightning said:

How useable are the front pockets on the 727's or 767's? They almost seem placed at an angle that would make them easier to use. 

Very useable - perhaps the best out of the jeans I own. Large pockets and generous enough to comfortably walk with your hands in your pockets.

7 hours ago, SmokeStackLightning said:

Out of any of the Japanese brands I would definitely say they're the most functional front (and back) pockets I've used.  They're curved at an angle which makes them super easy to get into.

fSA6QNn.jpg

Santa Rosa 767-RXX more than 3 years in and >15 machines wash

Anyone have the recent Nativo Baja Parka in a XXL they aren't happy with? I was luck enough to snag a XL but it's a bit too snug for my liking. This thing is beautiful! 

NPqSqiXW_o.jpg

For anyone who has the 714 cut, how much shrinkage did you experience? I am stuck between getting the 31 and 32. I was going to purchase in-store at SESF since I haven't bought from them in a couple years but I figured I would ask here as well.

How's the sizing on SOC hoodies? The charts I'm seeing indicate that an L shouldn't be too far off from a regular Western L (besides being a good bit shorter), which surprises me given how Japanese the sizing for their jeans and jackets always seems. Can anyone confirm or deny?

5 hours ago, patrickjcassidy said:

For anyone who has the 714 cut, how much shrinkage did you experience? I am stuck between getting the 31 and 32. I was going to purchase in-store at SESF since I haven't bought from them in a couple years but I figured I would ask here as well.

I recently hot washed a new pair of 727's that are made from the same denim and got near .5 inches in the thigh and knee, and right around 2.7 inches on the inseam. The waist shrunk near 1.5 inches but very quickly loosened back up. 

I've read the denim can take a few soaks or washes to completely shrink.

11 hours ago, SmokeStackLightning said:

I recently hot washed a new pair of 727's that are made from the same denim and got near .5 inches in the thigh and knee, and right around 2.7 inches on the inseam. The waist shrunk near 1.5 inches but very quickly loosened back up. 

I've read the denim can take a few soaks or washes to completely shrink.

Alright, thanks for the info. I’ll defintely have to ask more questions at SE since I need a 33 waist with 12.2-12.4 in the thigh. 

2 hours ago, patrickjcassidy said:

Alright, thanks for the info. I’ll defintely have to ask more questions at SE since I need a 33 waist with 12.2-12.4 in the thigh. 

The waist runs a bit large on my size 32 in the 727 fit. Nothing a belt doesn't fix. Kiya and Self Edge will point you in the right direction, they designed the fit too.

Does anyone have measurements for a fully shrunk size 34 727 or 714?

1 hour ago, 1fookntitefd said:

Does anyone have measurements for a fully shrunk size 34 727 or 714?

I have fully shrunk/post wear stretch on my size 32, if that will maybe help you gauge or scale up.

SOC.com has one wash measurements, as does Cultizm if you email them. 

Just won a brand new with tags pair of one wash 737's from Yahoo Auctions, hoping these work out for me!

Pretty happy with how these 737’s turned out, only thing that bugs me is the back rise which will probably stretch out a little. And I kind of wish the back pockets were just a touch higher up, but it’s something I’ll get used  Also don’t mind the big tee, in the process of buying smaller tees. :blink:C9658458-5361-4E56-A4A1-5E89F93D0F29.thumb.jpeg.1e7628186f38e14a0dc5be377ec46af3.jpeg

New Stevenson fall collection is up on their website, looks very nice. Hoping to track down one of those Golden Gate chore coats.

5 minutes ago, Broark said:

New Stevenson fall collection is up on their website, looks very nice. Hoping to track down one of those Golden Gate chore coats.

Love the Golden Gate coats!  We're getting them in indigo and sulfur brown, the brown especially is super nice in person.

Washed my 747s yet again - these have faded tremendously over the last 11 months. Their 1-year Mark is end of August (worn 5-6 days/week) so I'm gonna try to keep em out of the wash until then. 

IMG_20180727_063107.jpg

Here are a few more I just took. They do not fully show just how white parts of the thighs have gotten but that was the most natural light I could find in my new apartment... 

IMG_20180727_124309.jpg

IMG_20180727_124359.jpg

IMG_20180727_124405.jpg

IMG_20180727_124329.jpg

@kiya

Were you able to handle that "imperial 110" fit? Seems like it could be another possible straight-ish taper fit similar to the 714 but with a "regular fit" at the waist.

Anyone pick up the new indigo flannel from Self Edge? Interested in thoughts and impressions before I take the plunge. 

So I'm really considering a pair of 320 Jacksons as my next pair, but the waist sizing has me a little thrown. It seems like they're sized similar to 727s raw, but the fabric won't really on these shrink, so is it better to size down? I'm gonna try to make it to SENY to try on a pair, but just wanted some input if anyone has tried them before.