Stevenson Overall Company

jaspar

• 1 month later...

Anyone have experience, first-hand or otherwise, with the 707 Fair Oaks jeans from a few years ago? With the looser fit / less-low rise, I'm wondering whether the rear pockets sit as low down as they do on other Stevenson jeans; and: do they taper in much towards the waist, or is the top block pretty square?

In general, how much shrink does their standard fabric get? Around where can I expect a 35" inseam to end up after wash + wear?

21 hours ago, julian-wolf said:

Anyone have experience, first-hand or otherwise, with the 707 Fair Oaks jeans from a few years ago? With the looser fit / less-low rise, I'm wondering whether the rear pockets sit as low down as they do on other Stevenson jeans; and: do they taper in much towards the waist, or is the top block pretty square?

In general, how much shrink does their standard fabric get? Around where can I expect a 35" inseam to end up after wash + wear?

@julian-wolf

No experience with the 707 cut itself, but the 714 I got from SE did not shrink much at all, even in a hot soak. I didn't try using the dryer, but I couldn't get more than an inch out of the waist (size 36) with multiple hot soaks.

21 hours ago, julian-wolf said:

The inseam should settle around 32, full shrink. The waist will shrink a fair bit but will bounce right back to raw very quickly. 

My experience is with the unsanforized standard denim. 

After wearing only straight leg jeans for a while, i tried out a 714 Valencia straight tapered jean since i had gained some weight and it allowed me to get into a bigger size that gave me more room in the calf. I was surprised in how much i liked the tapered fit. I did a warm wash with a quick machine dry. 566B4A86-1E01-422B-A043-D3F4753C02E3.thumb.jpeg.1c4027d301b6da045204de8dcd8bba98.jpegE97BE259-CB24-4537-A06F-94CACED563D3.thumb.jpeg.dedaf35183da13e9eaf82ddaba3eb86e.jpegFC3F25B5-5063-4DD6-8E70-6905A845376C.thumb.jpeg.790bdfd81ce263d19d2e3ac416914672.jpeg

SS19 is now live.  (Couldn’t get JDelage’s link to work, but it’s here.) Lots of good stuff — Stevenson is the only menswear outfit I can think of where SS is consistently as good as/better than FW.  Really like the Rounder, Swingstar, and Lone Wolf jackets (though doubtful I could pull them off).  Those camp shirts with the white squares are great.  Summer Knit and Terry Cloth Tees look pretty special.  As a big thighed fellow, I’m liking the straight tapered jeans they are offering (Carmel and Imperial).  Am I right that this is the first time they’re offering this cut as a part of their regular lineup?  (The 714 is just for Self Edge, right?)

Yup, there's usually at least one item I get from each season (Swingstar looking real good).  I also like how they keep stuff from previous seasons in rotation so even if you missed out or only just got into Stevenson you always have a chance to get an item albeit in a different fabric maybe. Speaking of which I really hope they do a moleskin deputy again. The slight sheen of moleskin, from pics anyway, looks like a perfect match in this model.

All that said, I'm not sure how to feel about the Stevenson text is emblazoned in some of the shirts/outerwear.

Saw the imperial jeans last F/W but it seems no one picked it up? I'm mighty mighty intrigued since it says "regular" waist and I'm curious to see how it fits in comparison to other models. 

@youngofthesoonest Nice fit over there. I also own the 714 and the cut is nicely done. It is tapered too much for my taste but since I'm short the taper isn't drastic. While I prefer the original Stevenson fit "feeling" (737 and 767) the 714 is a really nice addition!

The new SS collection is, as always, GREAT ! I particularly like the rounded pocket design on the denim shirt.

I like the ducks Coloma pants with the crotch gusset. I'd like to see the measurements for them though. I like the indigo chambray Smith workshirt. The Trigger shirt in green looks nice, though I'm not sure about another Western shirt. I'm intrigued by the Desperado SS shirt in indigo.

The shredded denim cardigan looks awesome, but a bit rich for my taste.

• 3 weeks later...

hey guys - I have a question about size of 714 VALENCIA 

I am going to get a pair of 714 which is my first S.O.C jeans. So, I'm quite confused with the size chart. 

For reference, I'm wearing IH-666s in size 34. What size should I take for 714? 

Thanks a lot! 

the 666 is a very different cut from the 714 but with that said, you prob could go with a size 32 if you’re good with a much stronger taper than the 666. If you want something closer to the 666, you should look at the 727.

Thank you @youngofthesoonest

I see the difference between 714 and 727. But this time I wanna try a pair with more room in the thigh in comaparision with the 666. So that why I'm considering the 727 and the Imperial 120.

Since the shrinkage of 727 varies a lot, I’m wondering the waist and the thigh might shrink too tight if I pick 32. What do you think? 

Edited by laismemoir

I think you mean the 714 and the imperial 120? yeah if you're looking for a little more thigh room after shrink than your 666, then I think sizing up to a 33 in the 714 would be good after you get the shrink out. 32 would work but it'd end up being about the same slimness in the thigh as your 666. 

11 hours ago, youngofthesoonest said:

I think you mean the 714 and the imperial 120? yeah if you're looking for a little more thigh room after shrink than your 666, then I think sizing up to a 33 in the 714 would be good after you get the shrink out. 32 would work but it'd end up being about the same slimness in the thigh as your 666. 

Yeah man, sorry to have confused you. 

That's what I meant, the 714 and the imperial 120. After beating my 666 in 2 year, it should be better for me to get more room at the thigh cause I always feel a bit uncomfortable when sitting down.  

Btw, talking about the imperial 120 and the 714, is there any difference between their fits except the leg tapered?

On 4/3/2019 at 9:52 PM, laismemoir said:

Btw, talking about the imperial 120 and the 714, is there any difference between their fits except the leg tapered?

They honestly look pretty different to me. The rise is quite different and the 120 really seems like a more traditional straight leg when compared to the 714 which is more of a modern taper cut. Both jeans look quite nice, but I don't think they are very similar in cut.

@laismemoir From what I've seen, the imperial cut seems a little straighter than the Valencia. If you want something to compare the Valencia to from Stevenson, you may want to look into the Carmel. It's new for SS19 but Self Edge is getting it in soon. 

Edited by youngofthesoonest

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New collection trickling in.

Imperial jeans seem to have the usual big waist and seeing pics of the Swingstar online is making me take a second guess on it. Fit on the arms looks like it bellows out pretty big and the print on the front/arms looks weird to me. Might be how big it looks on the jacket. Probably have to handle it in person to see for myself.

Anyone handle the slinger jacket?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My Imperial 120 showed up last weekend!

All the details are incredible. Also, I'm not at all know crafty about sewing but the fully single-needle flat felled seam is really impressive

Here're some detail shots: 

3.thumb.jpg.64ba456227ab16848622a34cd319981b.jpg2.thumb.jpg.7689c2f11e680fca959a418876116c0a.jpg5.thumb.jpg.b79ff8ed5b469f8759e675bb26db9c75.jpg1.thumb.jpg.039cb209230ecc50ed4d662cd61963dd.jpg

4.thumb.jpg.fc388653b3cb2bf475a2a290c2c4843d.jpg6.thumb.jpg.13e135b3cfc3dc356a70f370b46b577a.jpg

• 1 month later...

I think Stevenson are all unusual pair of denim :-)

I had to sell my pair of Jackson because i did not like the small back pocket size but plan to pick up another pair of SO again.

Which model do i need when i want a semi high rise with tapered legs?