Stevenson Overall Company

jaspar

On 6/2/2018 at 8:16 AM, STINGER93 said:

Curious about this too!

I've had a look at the the 320 Jacksons in-store before and the fabric is beautiful - really dark and inky in color - but I wasn't brave enough given that I really have no sense of what Stevenson's sanforized denim ages like...

This is about all I could find searching everywhere, hopefully the Instagram link works. I would say they age very very nicely. Can't believe their sanforized. 

Edited by SmokeStackLightning
Added second link.

1 hour ago, SmokeStackLightning said:

How useable are the front pockets on the 727's or 767's? They almost seem placed at an angle that would make them easier to use. 

Very useable - perhaps the best out of the jeans I own. Large pockets and generous enough to comfortably walk with your hands in your pockets.

7 hours ago, SmokeStackLightning said:

How useable are the front pockets on the 727's or 767's? They almost seem placed at an angle that would make them easier to use. 

Out of any of the Japanese brands I would definitely say they're the most functional front (and back) pockets I've used.  They're curved at an angle which makes them super easy to get into.

• 3 weeks later...

How's the sizing on SOC hoodies? The charts I'm seeing indicate that an L shouldn't be too far off from a regular Western L (besides being a good bit shorter), which surprises me given how Japanese the sizing for their jeans and jackets always seems. Can anyone confirm or deny?

5 hours ago, patrickjcassidy said:

For anyone who has the 714 cut, how much shrinkage did you experience? I am stuck between getting the 31 and 32. I was going to purchase in-store at SESF since I haven't bought from them in a couple years but I figured I would ask here as well.

I recently hot washed a new pair of 727's that are made from the same denim and got near .5 inches in the thigh and knee, and right around 2.7 inches on the inseam. The waist shrunk near 1.5 inches but very quickly loosened back up. 

I've read the denim can take a few soaks or washes to completely shrink.

11 hours ago, SmokeStackLightning said:

I recently hot washed a new pair of 727's that are made from the same denim and got near .5 inches in the thigh and knee, and right around 2.7 inches on the inseam. The waist shrunk near 1.5 inches but very quickly loosened back up. 

I've read the denim can take a few soaks or washes to completely shrink.

Alright, thanks for the info. I’ll defintely have to ask more questions at SE since I need a 33 waist with 12.2-12.4 in the thigh. 

2 hours ago, patrickjcassidy said:

Alright, thanks for the info. I’ll defintely have to ask more questions at SE since I need a 33 waist with 12.2-12.4 in the thigh. 

The waist runs a bit large on my size 32 in the 727 fit. Nothing a belt doesn't fix. Kiya and Self Edge will point you in the right direction, they designed the fit too.

1 hour ago, 1fookntitefd said:

Does anyone have measurements for a fully shrunk size 34 727 or 714?

I have fully shrunk/post wear stretch on my size 32, if that will maybe help you gauge or scale up.

SOC.com has one wash measurements, as does Cultizm if you email them. 

Pretty happy with how these 737’s turned out, only thing that bugs me is the back rise which will probably stretch out a little. And I kind of wish the back pockets were just a touch higher up, but it’s something I’ll get used  Also don’t mind the big tee, in the process of buying smaller tees. :blink:C9658458-5361-4E56-A4A1-5E89F93D0F29.thumb.jpeg.1e7628186f38e14a0dc5be377ec46af3.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Broark said:

New Stevenson fall collection is up on their website, looks very nice. Hoping to track down one of those Golden Gate chore coats.

Love the Golden Gate coats!  We're getting them in indigo and sulfur brown, the brown especially is super nice in person.

Anyone pick up the new indigo flannel from Self Edge? Interested in thoughts and impressions before I take the plunge. 

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm really considering a pair of 320 Jacksons as my next pair, but the waist sizing has me a little thrown. It seems like they're sized similar to 727s raw, but the fabric won't really on these shrink, so is it better to size down? I'm gonna try to make it to SENY to try on a pair, but just wanted some input if anyone has tried them before.