Stevenson Overall Company

jaspar

closeups of my 737s that I sold this past weekend. Loved the fabric, construction and details of Stevensons but after gaining weight and wearing fuller jeans it is hard to go back to low/mid rises again. If they ever come out with a model with a higher rise(higher than 11 inches for 32ish waist) I'll definitely cop.

IMG_20180317_110910.jpg

IMG_20180317_111346.jpg

IMG_20180317_111321.jpg

@itsbenhere I have been wearing the Warehouse 1100 which is a 66 cut. The fit is pretty good but I don't like 66 type denim that much(too royal and not enough contrast for my liking)

I got the OOE OA01XX and Warehouse 800 cotton/linen coming!

I dunno I feel like they might be a little too slim for your liking after all the shrinkage is out. I think the 747 might fit more like your Flatheads and RJBs

3 hours ago, goodrain said:

If they ever come out with a model with a higher rise(higher than 11 inches for 32ish waist) I'll definitely cop.

Here you go: http://www.selfedge.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=1363&search=714&description=1

That's a 11.5" rise on the size 32.

^ yep, 11.5" pre-wash is still well in the low-rise range, at least for me

Besides, those've got such a teensy tiny leg opening…

I'm with you—if Stevenson came out with a more Western-friendly cut I'd jump on it immediately

1 hour ago, goodrain said:

I meant post wash. The rise on my size 31s was 11.25 inches raw and now measures 10.25. My dream would be Stevenson denim in a cut like the Warehouse 800

That’s my dream pair as well...or in the 1001 cut. I sized way up on the 727 and had the waist taken in but after the most recent wash/dry I’ve been reluctant to put them on since they’re feeling a little too slim for my liking. But damn do they look good. 

I just collected my 727s from Rivet & Hide sale couple weeks back. It had already been washed by them, which saved me the trouble. I can see why people are such big fans of their denim. The greencast colour looks really good and overall it looks smart & sharp, but then looking close, it's hairy. It feels lot more hairier than it looks.

Waist will easily stretch back out. Thigh is bit tighter than I would like but apart from that, I like the fit.

Also I think those back pockets and belt loops are the best i've come across yet

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Alright Kiya and Young, I’m gonna need some details on those new Stevenson lot 210 jeans you guys posted on your Instagram stories. Those look sick. 

Also I saw a guy wearing some Stevenson jeans here yesterday, made me long for a pair again. 

6 hours ago, Broark said:

Alright Kiya and Young, I’m gonna need some details on those new Stevenson lot 210 jeans you guys posted on your Instagram stories. Those look sick. 

Also I saw a guy wearing some Stevenson jeans here yesterday, made me long for a pair again. 

It's a new model coming out in the late fall.  They nailed the details and the arcuates are literally the best I've seen from any brand in over ten years.

It's going to be available in the 727 and 714 fits and out of their sanforized denim and a new indigo/indigo denim.

14 hours ago, Broark said:

The arcuates are stitched further up so that when they fold the pockets it'll hide part of the arcs on the inside. He also put a curve on the pockets so it's an acorn-esque shape but still has enough room at the bottom of your wallet if you're like me and have a chunkier wallet. Normally I gravitate towards unsanforized but I've seen a lot of examples of how this fabric ages and it's just as good as anything Stevenson puts out. The jeans are cool but I'm actually more excited about the tops he's done...it was hard to decide what to buy because everything was just so good. 

7 hours ago, youngofthesoonest said:

The arcuates are stitched further up so that when they fold the pockets it'll hide part of the arcs on the inside. He also put a curve on the pockets so it's an acorn-esque shape but still has enough room at the bottom of your wallet if you're like me and have a chunkier wallet. Normally I gravitate towards unsanforized but I've seen a lot of examples of how this fabric ages and it's just as good as anything Stevenson puts out. The jeans are cool but I'm actually more excited about the tops he's done...it was hard to decide what to buy because everything was just so good. 

I wouldn't expect anything less from Stevenson, I usually prefer unsanforized denim as well but I might be able to overlook it this time around.
Looking forward to the shirting as well, I need more Stevenson in my life. When will you guys get your spring delivery?

Also @Collin those 767s look awesome.

9 hours ago, Broark said:

I wouldn't expect anything less from Stevenson, I usually prefer unsanforized denim as well but I might be able to overlook it this time around.
Looking forward to the shirting as well, I need more Stevenson in my life. When will you guys get your spring delivery?

Also @Collin those 767s look awesome.

Spring delivery #1 is coming in about 10 days, #2 is coming in June.

Are you guys getting the Golden Gate chore coat? I sure as hell don’t need another jacket right before summer but I really like that one. If not I’ll look forward to the other releases!

2 hours ago, Broark said:

Are you guys getting the Golden Gate chore coat? I sure as hell don’t need another jacket right before summer but I really like that one. If not I’ll look forward to the other releases!

No sorry, we rarely carry jackets or chore coats during the spring/summer.  

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, SmokeStackLightning said:

Anyone have much experience with Stevenson sanforized denim? I'm thinking about the Calistoga jean and was curious on overall stretch and feel.

Curious about this too!

I've had a look at the the 320 Jacksons in-store before and the fabric is beautiful - really dark and inky in color - but I wasn't brave enough given that I really have no sense of what Stevenson's sanforized denim ages like...

Edited by STINGER93

The stitching around the pockets is a thing of beauty. The pocket fabric is cool looking too. 

Then again Kiya mentioned a new model later this year in the 727 and 714 fit. I have not found myself enjoying small leg openings lately though and wouldn't want to go under 8 inches. Hard call. 

Stevenson 714s.  These jeans are... perfect.  I could maybe do with an ever-so-slightly wider leg opening -- I can't fit them over my engineers, but they fit all of my other boots just fine -- but otherwise the fit is perfect.  People should not get hung up on the big waist.  It doesn't matter as much as you think it will.  In my opinion, it makes them more comfy.  And you wear a belt, don't you? 

Pretty happy with how these are coming along.  These have been my main jeans since I bought them in October.  Over 100 days of wear, I think.  3 handwashes.  Tossed them into the washing machine to see what will happen.  These are the "before" pics.

IMG_1208.jpg

IMG_1209.jpg