Stevenson Overall Company

jaspar

Well, after switching fits in my head maybe ten times I'm right back at my original idea all along.

I went ahead and ordered a pair of 747's last night. Wanted something with more room for the winter and to be able to have long underwear on underneath them.  I suppose space in the summer is good too. 

The old timey details will better suit a straighter jean to me, as I've seen mentioned before. 

Probably still going to get a pair of 737's though at some point, if I find myself liking the denim. 

Rhino excluded the Japan tax in the confirmation email, is that common? I don't remember anyone ever doing that for me from Rakuten. 

18 hours ago, SmokeStackLightning said:

Rhino excluded the Japan tax in the confirmation email, is that common? I don't remember anyone ever doing that for me from Rakuten. 

if the shop is set up and willing to deal with oversea customers it is the right thing to do. (it should be about 8% consumption tax.)

for some of the smaller stores this is too much effort for the occasional oversea customer...

6 hours ago, Foxy2 said:

if the shop is set up and willing to deal with oversea customers it is the right thing to do. (it should be about 8% consumption tax.)

for some of the smaller stores this is too much effort for the occasional oversea customer...

I was pleasantly surprised they took it out. Their English is great and they provide measurements as well. Here's to hoping the pair works out. 

747's have been worn for a day. Glad I went with this pair over the others, things shrunk a decent amount with a hot heavily agitated soak. 

Being they were a size 32, inseam started at 34.75 and is now around 32, so no need for hemming. 

The denim kind of reminds me of Flat Head pioneer denim post soak (hand feel wise) but the color is not quite as deep and more of a nice bright blue hue. 

I like them and hope to wear them hard. Coin pocket is pretty much useless, due to how the belt loops are. Never really use them anyways. With some front pocket opening stretch, I'll be good to go with these.

A fairly modern top block is a nice feature I like when looking for straight fits now, and this has that. 

• 1 month later...
53 minutes ago, STINGER93 said:

Here are some photos of my 727s. 5 months of daily wear since purchasing in August, with 3 soaks and 3 warm washes. I had been meaning to try a pair of these for years and I'm an idiot for waiting so long....

Stevenson_Front.jpg

Stevenson_back.jpg

Looking good!  What size are they?

• 4 weeks later...

Yep... Definitly a low rise but it's worth it if your body type allow it or if you can adapt. You could also check 714 which has a mid rise but is very tapered. If you are on the small size like me, once hemmed short the taper isn't so drastic.

1 hour ago, kbuzz said:

Can anyone refer me to a size chart other than SE.  Im looking for a slim straight model, with a higher rise. Not sure if Stevenson makes one.  767 looks great but most post mention the rise is kinda low..thanks

Rhino, on rakuten, will send measurements if they happen to have that model. They also don't charge Japan tax for oversea customers. 

SS2018 collection is up on their website.

Definitely don't need another denim jacket, but the redesigned Saddle Horn is pretty desirable.  (The new Slinger... not so much.)  Would also go for that drug rug if I thought I could pull it off.  (I can't.)  Also, lots of good shirts.

http://soc-la.com/item.php?c=1495

http://soc-la.com/item.php?c=1493

http://soc-la.com/item.php?c=1469

15 hours ago, owlofminerva said:

SS2018 collection is up on their website.

Definitely don't need another denim jacket, but the redesigned Saddle Horn is pretty desirable.  (The new Slinger... not so much.)  Would also go for that drug rug if I thought I could pull it off.  (I can't.)  Also, lots of good shirts.

http://soc-la.com/item.php?c=1495

http://soc-la.com/item.php?c=1493

http://soc-la.com/item.php?c=1469

I think this is their strongest season in years.  And you're right, the new Saddle Horn is pretty amazing, especially in the Ivory color.

4 hours ago, Niro said:

I think the slinger jacket in black looks really good!

Agreed, but I prefer the old pocket design.  Why mess with perfection?

2 hours ago, itsbenhere said:

I want that terry cloth t shirt...

All the tees are great.  The stripey ones and the heather grey henleys are also pretty fantastic looking.

7 hours ago, kiya said:

I think this is their strongest season in years.  And you're right, the new Saddle Horn is pretty amazing, especially in the Ivory color.

Yeah it's usually pretty easy to pick just one or two standouts, but not so much this time around.  I have a sinking feeling you're going to be taking a lot of my money very soon.

And speaking of denim jackets I don't need more of...  Just noticed the denim Deputy.  That may be in competition with the original Slinger for awesomest ranch jacket.

20 hours ago, owlofminerva said:

Agreed, but I prefer the old pocket design.  Why mess with perfection?

I actually prefer the new pocket design. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

5 hours ago, STINGER93 said:

Chiming in on the Saddle Horn. Both look soooooo good. I'm seriously considering the ivory one once they're available.

The ivory Saddle Horn is a must buy for me.. I didn't think I wanted a white denim jacket till this came along.

22 minutes ago, STINGER93 said:

Yeah me neither but damn this one is cool. Any idea when SE will get them in stock?

We're only getting a super small number of those jackets, they should be in the stores on April 1st.