Stevenson Overall Company

jaspar

• 4 weeks later...

I have a question about the different denims used by Stevenson.  Excluding the black denim options and those awesome ducks pictured above, so just the indigoxwhite options, can anyone point me to a detailed description of the different denims used?  If you look at the la jolla, calistoga, jackson, etc etc, on the Self Edge website and elsewhere, the denims sound similar but I can't quite tell whether they're all basically the same.  I get that some are sanforized and some not, but I would love a detailed breakdown of the denim they use. Thanks 

On 11/14/2017 at 12:32 AM, Goosyphus said:

I have a question about the different denims used by Stevenson.  Excluding the black denim options and those awesome ducks pictured above, so just the indigoxwhite options, can anyone point me to a detailed description of the different denims used?  If you look at the la jolla, calistoga, jackson, etc etc, on the Self Edge website and elsewhere, the denims sound similar but I can't quite tell whether they're all basically the same.  I get that some are sanforized and some not, but I would love a detailed breakdown of the denim they use. Thanks 

The Dixon, Jackson and Calistoga are sanforized. The 717,727, 737, 747,767 all use the same 14 oz. denim and is unsanforized.

Edited by Danny @ Rivet & Hide

Got a second hand Valencia (714) nearly new to try out the cut and it's really amazing ! The guys at SelfEdge did an awesome job with the cut and it doesn't feel like Stevenson with the higher rise. I can't recommend it enough ! For sizing comparaison : I wear 767 Santa Rosa in 28 and 714 in 29 (Flat Head 3005 30, TCB 50 and 50 slim 29-30)

I'll try to post a Fitpic as soon as I get my camera back from my girlfriend travelling.

18 hours ago, JDelage said:

I bought my 747 from a Jpz store called 'Rock-a-hula'. It all went fine for me.

Nice. But it took me a little while to notice the exposed rivets on the back pockets of the 747. Kind of wish they had the cool bar tacks like other Stevenson models do. The fit seems like what I'm looking for though  

After further consideration, I think I'm going to go with a different denim for my next true straight pair and not the 747. 

But, I still want a pair of Stevenson's, and I've outgrown my Strike gold's. Can anyone say how the rear end area fits on the 727? I don't have much of one, and am hoping to avoid the diaper look in the back. Measurements are hard to determine that I've found. 

@SmokeStackLightning Got some measurements form @chicote when he still had his pair in size 29 : 727 - 77 waist, 24 front rise, 32 back rise, 26.5 thigh, 19.5 knee, 17.5 hem

I recommend the 767 pant if you want a slim straight. I really enjoy this pair and still think it's the best fitting jeans I own even with the low rise. 

But you really should check out the 714 Valencia at Self Edge. It's not a Stevenson cut and if you size up you can certainly achieve a larger fit ! 

4 minutes ago, Collin said:

@SmokeStackLightning Got some measurements form @chicote when he still had his pair in size 29 : 727 - 77 waist, 24 front rise, 32 back rise, 26.5 thigh, 19.5 knee, 17.5 hem

I recommend the 767 pant if you want a slim straight. I really enjoy this pair and still think it's the best fitting jeans I own even with the low rise. 

But you really should check out the 714 Valencia at Self Edge. It's not a Stevenson cut and if you size up you can certainly achieve a larger fit ! 

Thanks! I seem to have outgrown my worn slim tapered stuff (TSG fits, mid thigh and knee areas are too tight now). 

767 looks promising. Low rise is better for me it seems, for the tighter fit in the seat. Was looking at the 717, but I'm assuming it's on sale for a reason. I'm assuming the fit is weird or something. Hard to say. 

Found some old pictures of my Stevensons if it can help you at all, I took some weight and now I think 29 would be my sweet spot in the 767. But my next pair is definitely the 714

Size 28 worn for 1.5 years

Spoiler

DSC_0123.thumb.jpg.45959ba05408d8a9085af32b2e5a3688.jpg

DSC_0159-6.thumb.jpg.e6cf18023cb29629f987d08d7bfcd7d2.jpg

Size 30, too big in the waist but it was totally ok with a belt and the denim didn't stretch too much ! I ended up offering it to a friend and choose to wear the 28. 

Spoiler

image_2_-_copie.thumb.jpg.b9b8444fde750ecbc17c3837181cbbfb.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.6f7c45c5a05544b27b5f05d7275d70c9.jpg

Two pictures of me wearing the 767 if that helps at all.

Although they are quite slim, they are not the slimmest ive ever owned. Not near as tight as the TCB 606 or my Sugar Cane 2014

These were a size 30, and they were pretty great, but I stopped wearing them after about 30 or so days and moved on to something else and now they are just hanging around

IMG_0758.PNG

IMG_0759.PNG

Edited by MasonAlexander

1 hour ago, itsbenhere said:

It was def the 767 I had, maybe the leg opening is normal enough but I remember the lower leg was very slim with a baggy thigh. 

i think the 737s could be a great cut... if I was looking for Stevenson I would probably get those. 

The "lower slim leg" comment worries me a bit. Thats what I can't stand lately. Seems to affect overall mobility and comfort far more than I ever would have thought after wearing straight fits. 

8 hours ago, SmokeStackLightning said:

The "lower slim leg" comment worries me a bit. Thats what I can't stand lately. Seems to affect overall mobility and comfort far more than I ever would have thought after wearing straight fits. 

Stay awai from 714 and try 737 then :)

8 hours ago, SmokeStackLightning said:

I made that exact realization a while ago... I'd take a slim straight over straight tapered any day, for looks and especially comfort. Funny because once you think you have some experience you think all you have to worry about is thigh measurements...