Stevenson Overall Company

jaspar

3 minutes ago, goodrain said:

updated my post last night with some better fit pics. Really great cut IMO. Slimmish straight with a comfortable rise. Hope it gets picked up by one of the retailers in the US(Self Edge, Snake Oil Provisions, Mildblend) so that more people can try it out.

We used to carry the 737 fit for about 2 years but we couldn't sell it, the rise was too low for most people in relation to how wide the legs were.

20 hours ago, goodrain said:

fit pics of my 737s

IMG_20170216_073630.jpg

IMG_20170216_073627.jpg

IMG_20170216_073707.jpg

This is a sick fit. The rise is low-ish for the leg size but it's certainly not LOW. @itsbenhere You'd dig this for SURE. If you ever joined the SOC crew, this is all you. @Broark Definitely feel you on the 714s. I've been digging straight cuts now more, too. But the 714 is super special. Embrace it. Super aggressive, but somehow, it's so versatile.

If you know me, you'll know I've sworn by Stevenson for over 2 years, now. Photographs never do the denim justice. It is a truly special fabric, and there is not another one like it. They're not simply trying to re-create vintage jeans. Their attention to detail is, naturally, absurd, and their combination of very old construction techniques and modern high fashion is incredible. (in Japan, their clothing is sold in very high fashion retailers, not so much repro stores). The fits are really aggressive, and innovative; the perfect combo of old and new which I think is super cool, and fresh, in this realm. Hype rant over.

I've also had difficulty with their cuts... Owned a pair of 727 and a pair of 767 and while I've always been in awe of their construction, and like their denim probably more than any other I've come across (save for perhaps Evisu No.1), the cuts are too odd and ultimately uncomfortable to make work. Though perhaps these loose-legged repros have made us all soft... like my grandmother used to say while aggressively combing back my hair as a kid, "tienes que sufrir pa' ser hermoso!" (you have to suffer to be beautiful!)

8 hours ago, Foxy2 said:

love the denim and the workmanship, but between the 737, 747 and 767 (that I own) I simply can't make these cuts work for me...

You should try the 714 fit, it's completely different than other Stevenson fits because it wasn't developed by them.  Their fits are unique but through the different models they still have that Stevenson feel to them, where as the 714 does not.

The issues with the 3 pairs were: front/back rise too low, too much taper and leg opening too small (for my liking) - don't remember what combination for which model...

• 1 month later...

What would be the best source for Stevenson stuff? I have looked at most of the Western sites and I couldn't find much so I assume I need to look at Japanese stores. Any suggestion?

Edited by JDelage

2 hours ago, JDelage said:

What would be the best source for Stevenson stuff? I have looked at most of the Western sites and I couldn't find much so I assume I need to look at Japanese stores. Any suggestion?

Not many of their Japanese dealers sell the product online.  But between Self Edge, Rivet & Hide, & Snake Oil Provisions you've got most of each season's collections represented.  

I actually find there are a lot of stores stocking Stevenson now compared to like 2012 or so. For Japanese, you can try green angle or empty garage but really most of the sites I've found I dug through a google search either just by typing in stevenson overall co or the specific item I wanted.

5 hours ago, Broark said:

Kiya, when are you expecting your s/s delivery? I need that short sleeve indigo dyed cable knit badly.

SS17 will start hitting all stores April 15th at the latest.

Also, you should book your tickets for this: http://www.selfedge.com/index.php?route=information/events

Edited by kiya

1 hour ago, Broark said:

You going to the pop up? I really want to but I'm supposed to be moving right around then, might be able to make it happen though.

Yup, I'll be in NY for a week or two setting up the pop-up shop and Atsu and crew from Stevenson are coming from Japan for the launch party.