Stevenson Overall Company

jaspar

The waist is the big anomaly on all the Stevenson fits I've tried (727, 747, 767), but the jeans themselves are truly pieces of art like I haven't seen with any other brand. Definitely worth wearing a belt for.

I can concur with this I have the 714 in w33. Waist is pretty big. I would normally be a 34/35 or even 36 in some brands. Great denim and top notch construction.

Was reluctant when I first tried them as I was unsure on back pocket shape but glad I did.

Measured Blue in green after a wash and dry. Fits fine with belt but without it feels loose which I think it's because of the higher rise. My 714 waist feels fine without one but these definitely need one.

Size32

Waist: 17.5

Rise: 10.75

Thigh: 12.5

Leg Opening: 8

Inseam: 33

Fit pic: E4ENvdt.jpg

Edited by ALB

• 2 months later...

Some photos of my 714 Valencia. 11ish months of intermittent wear, lots of hand washes, and 1 machine wash so far.

26684815302_4e7a89c410_z.jpg

26778600525_2b8c6fab97_z.jpg

26505758400_f84d58d1da_z.jpg

26711390121_17522a73a9_z.jpg

26753630646_08fa463ef7_z.jpg

Now a fit! This is the pair I'm most interested in

I recently got my 714 back from SENY for repair and I completely forgot how much i love these jeans!

and some pictures!

20160509_083104.jpg

20160509_083129.jpg

Edited by itschrisb

• 4 weeks later...

So yeah, why those huge waists? The Calistoga measurements look perfect for what I want in size 29 or even 28 but the waist would still be big (I'm a true 30). Still very intrigued by them. How much is the "minimal shrinkage"?

Oh, and has anyone ever ordered from emptygarage.jp? They have a size 28, I have only seen them go down to 29 on other shops so far, the rise would be 0,5cm shorter than I'd prefer but all other measurements would be even more spot on...

I recently got my 714 back from SENY for repair and I completely forgot how much i love these jeans!

and some pictures!

20160509_083104.jpg

20160509_083129.jpg

Other than an indigo / indigo these are on my sights. Perfect measurements

Reminds me that I still need to get my pair hemmed.

Just tried them on again this evening and they fit well, except I need a belt.

Interested in seeing when SE will get some spring / summer Stevenson stuff.

Reminds me that I still need to get my pair hemmed.

Just tried them on again this evening and they fit well, except I need a belt.

Interested in seeing when SE will get some spring / summer Stevenson stuff.

SS16 hits our stores within the next two weeks.. and the real weirdo shit hits SEMX in about 3 weeks.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This thread has been quiet for too long, so I want to post a little appreciation for the Stevenson mainline denim and what their stitching quality can do. There's only about three months of wear in my 714s, so there's not much overall fading to show, but the denim is already showing a delightful character with a wide array of colors from the deep aqua-tinted indigo of the mostly-untouched to some bright blues in the more washed sections and greenish-blue-grey in the most worn sections.

Most of all, I'm impressed by the roping they get despite being all single-stitch. I'm not quite sure what sort of tension they have to apply while stitching the pockets and hems to get this effect, but it's really remarkable how evenly the tension is applied and how the roping pops everywhere.

h6mEMzs.jpg

ROwJMe7.jpg

3QqAu4M.jpg

Plus a couple close-up shots of the denim, both where whiskering is just starting to show up under my left pocket (where I keep my phone) and some initial train-tracks. The depth of color is hard to capture with an iPhone 5 camera, but these are the closest I've been able to get to the true variation under sunlight.

lTj4xNp.jpg

lcz14A2.jpg

They're still holding up beautifully at a point when most jeans I wear start to need some crotch reinforcement, despite having a pretty tight fit. The poly-core stitching undoubtedly contributes to their durability, but somehow this mid-weight denim just holds up better than one would expect.

Plus the details! I'm a weirdly big fan of the hammered rivets (visible in the coin pocket shot above) that lie very close to flush and tarnish in an unusual way due to the flattened male rivet. And the paper patch has become one of my favorites out of my collection due to how the image wears away and cracks with wear and washing.

X49pyN0.jpg

Finally, a shot of the fly buttons from back when the denim was nearly-new. You can see all the hair that came out with the initial soak/wash. The buttons also have a nifty pebbled texture that contrasts with the smooth raised lettering and wreath patterns. Still seems to be among the more under-appreciated jeans brands out there, despite the attention that their other pieces are getting.

6mDCynP.jpg