Stevenson Overall Company

jaspar

Wore it to work today and couldn't be more happy with it.

Had several people ask me where it was in the store I work at, had to tell them it wasn't here, but I did tell them where to check it out...

Only when they're not around of course!  :D

Edit: It's more of a casual namedrop, don't want to make it sound like I'm a terrible employee.  :ph34r:

Edited by Broark

It warms my heart to see the page number growing on this thread. It looks like big things may be on the horizon as well. 

nIyl9wV.png

I saw this post today featuring a new logo and was wondering what was up. The account only has one post, didn't seem very legit. 

Anyhow, I did some digging on the Stevenson site and have good news. I was able to catch a glimpse of the upcoming fall/winter line and it is exquisite as you would expect.

Loopwheeled sweatshirts, white henleys, short sleeve tees with the Merz B action on the end of the sleeves, Brown's Beach jackets in multiple colors, new styles/names for shirts and pants. The list goes on. 

Hopefully they will make a push to expand distribution as well.

That's the new patch from the jean i posted on Instagram a couple of weeks back: https://instagram.com/p/2sXjoDziJ_/

Ahh I missed that somehow. Interesting.. I wonder if Hodis worked on some of the other fall items, a few of the pieces reminded me of Rising Sun a bit. Look forward to seeing those in person.

For those interested, here is link to fall lineup:

http://www.soc-la.com/item.php?s=7

For the fall/winter season Mike did two pairs of jeans (one with a buckle-back and one without), a pair of pants, a short light-weight jacket (in two fabrics), and a hunting vest.  

That patch looks pretty sweet.

If the jacket Mike worked on is the Deputy, cowboy style jacket on their site, I'm gonna need one...

Well regardless if Mike made it or not I'm gonna need one, thing looks awesome. I've been looking for a jacket with that nice olive color.

Also I had a question regarding the rayon labels used on different Stevenson garments.

Is there a reason why some of labels have the black with gold text while others have the black with green text?

Here's what I'm talking about:

STVNSN_KNIT_05-1022x682.jpg

Compared to...

STVNSN_BKNV_04-1022x682.jpg

Just picked up a pair of 714s and they are the most perfect fitting jean I've ever put on. Well done Stevenson & Kiya/Self Edge

Awesome, glad you like them!  They may be my next jean, but i've been wearing the 727 for two years.

• 1 month later...

Update: 6~7 months in (0 washes)

I've only been freezing the jeans every so often in big freezer bags for a few days at a time. Thinking of doing a wash soon.

me5bdxQh.jpg

TSbYl6fh.jpg

XMrwpyph.jpg

Q6CLT68h.jpg

vItQ9eWh.jpg

AbC41qYh.jpg

As you can see in this shot, I'm going to be getting a couple holes underneath soon. I'm not sure if giving them a wash will avoid this or if I'll just have to get them repaired eventually.

e0Kfk5pl.jpg

Can't say enough good things about this denim. I'd like to know more about how it's made and where it comes from. I'm really enjoying wearing these everyday.

Edited by yuppie

• 1 month later...

Here are a few pre-soak pics of my newly-acquired Stevenson 714s. I sized down one from usual because these measure pretty big- the waist on these size 32 is 35" according to the SE website. I'm not looking for much shrinkage so I gave them a rather short lukewarm soak. I'll wear em for a week or so and see how the fit works out, and then possibly do another soak/cold machine wash and hem. I've heard a lot about how this denim is really receptive to frequent washing, so I think I'm gonna do like a once a month soak/wash plan.

The denim is pretty hairy, super regular, and refreshingly lightweight. I think the curved pockets and leather-backed buttons are super cool. I'm also not at all crafty or knowledgeable about sewing, but the fully single-needle stitched design is really impressive. There is such a small amount of fabric "overlap" between pieces of the jean that have been sewed together, it's pretty nuts when you compare them to a more conventional pair.

I'll post an update in a week or so after a bit of break-in. 

9Wm6jaw.jpg

PrkK55N.jpg

a4FI9ZA.jpg

3Wavu6C.jpg

Nice fit, inspired me to wear my pair today too!

I've found that if I stack them a little the hem doesn't look quite as small, making the cut overall a bit more flattering on me.

Still haven't taken any fit pics, I'm pretty bad about that.

Sorry it took me a couple days. Tagged size 32, after a 45 min warm soak and 3 days to stretch back out:

Waist: 35"

FR: 10.75"

BR: 15.5"

Thigh: 12"

Knee (13" down from crotch): 8.5"

Leg opening: 7"

Inseam: 34"

So your size 32s stretched back out to 35? Damn, that's some major stretching. Granted, you didn't do a hot wash and dry but still.

So your size 32s stretched back out to 35? Damn, that's some major stretching. Granted, you didn't do a hot wash and dry but still.

Stevenson's have a big waist, also I have found that all of my unsanforized pairs will stretch out to raw measurements if needed. I usually just make sure that they fit raw and then I know I'll be good to go after washing/soaking. I only did a short soak b/c of the thighs..not really worried about the waist

I'm really digging the fit of the SOC 714 Valencia jeans, but I wish the rear pockets matched those on the 727 La Jollas. The pockets on the 714 are about 1/2" less deep than the pockets on the 727, which, in my opinion, makes them less usable. I also feel like it gives them a weird visual effect. I prefer the scalloped cut of the top of the pockets when it is located higher up, closer to the top of the jean. If these pockets had the same size and placement as the pockets on the 727, the 714s would be perfect in my opinion... Any chance those pockets might be altered on future runs?