Stevenson Overall Company

jaspar

Thought I'd post my Stevenson La Jolla 727's I picked up from Self Edge LA on January 3rd and have been wearing since the 5th.

This is my second serious pair of raws. My first pair being Naked & Famous x Blue Owl Japan Heritage 2. ( 1 year, 1 wash. )

The guy at Self Edge was so helpful and provided an excellent customer service experience. Forgot his name but big ups!

Was told to do a hot soak, inside out, for a half hour before wearing, which I'm glad I did.

The jeans shrank up real nice and what started as a good fit became a perfect one. These jeans were stiff to begin with (which I like) and then after drying were even more stiff. LOL.

After the first couple wears, they started to break in nicely. The material, texture, color and fit of this denim is incredible. All the little details like the curved pockets, star rivets and selvedge ID make these jeans quite unique. 10/10 would recommend to anyone into a mid-weight tapered fit.

I'll be wearing these relentlessly this year. Can't wait to see what these will look like by the end of 2015.

vfq502wl.jpg

mtkkaQQl.jpg

V7xUtpDl.jpg

PzAcgrjl.jpg

2rJZUqHl.jpg

cAUVPyel.jpg

ZHb2nOdl.jpg

ldCTiGol.jpg

0gZ4JNil.jpg

Edited by yuppie

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, the 737 is also on my list of future purchases.

The 767 that I own needs to get hemmed, but I fear it is little to slim in the leg opening for my liking...

Normally I am not that much into western shirts, but I really like the Cherokee CH3 from SOC in all its variations.

Especially the S/S 15 shirt with the cotton/linen mix comes with an awesome texture.

Sadly that one is not yet available at Vater&Sohn, but we just got a restock of the Cherokee supima cotton shirt.

I think I might pull the trigger on that, really dig the front and bag yoke.

Both designs remind me a lot of some KAPITAL designs and the Batman. :D

I think one underrated part of these shirts though are the buttons. They are just extraordinary and I can't stop touching them.....

Will def. post some pictures when I got mine!

Besides, I have problems with the Workmaster cut, too slim and narrow around the chest and arms, but these are really great, equally good for tucking it in or not.

One thing that puzzles me though, is why SOC didn't use selvedge denim, or if I am mistaken, why they put no selvedge detail on the shirts...

Well, I bought the Cherokee CH2!

As said I made some pictures of my favorite parts about the shirt, mostly macro shots, and nothing as good as it should :D

warning: directupload fucked up the order.... won't correct... too lazy

h334mjga.jpg
5l9qv7mn.jpg
7kwiw5n4.jpg
wm68ihw9.jpg
tvhrthoc.jpg
6gnaiib3.jpg

aaaand a crappy selfie showing the fit, more or less
zyjegroj.jpg

As Kiya said, all their jeans are pretty big in the waist. That is my experience at our Store too. W32'' is mostly 33'' or even 34''.

I wear size M in nearly everything japanese, RMC, SC, BR, IH and SOC too.

Its a size S in everything from the USA :D

And this is what I wear in this Shirt, M. Everything is fine, its not slim fitting, nor relaxed, its pretty long in the body so maybe not everybodies cup of tea, but this way I can tuck it in too and don't worry about it every time I move my arms over my head....

I also tried on the Workmaster indigo paisley: It had the right body and arm length, chest and shoulders were fine too, but the armholes were pretty snug. So not working for me.

I think I could even size down to S on the Cherokee Shirt and wear it like the bearded guy from SE - but this won't happen.

The measurements on SE are accurat.

Edited by Blue Nemo

Hm, I could get rid of a few cm in the length.

I tried to get info on the fabric, if its raw or onewashed, but soc-la doesn't provide much.

Their new Cherokee is rinsed, I guess.

And the double indigo Cherokee SE stocks is rinsed too... Soooooo I think, mine could be onewashed too, or rinsed :D :D haha

Could ask Zip directly though or just see what happens after the first wash.

nice pickups Max and Blue! I've got that cardigan (x2) and that cherokee in Red plaid. 

Anyone pick up the wool long sleeve boarder from last season? Wish I could have found duplicates in that as its perfect and unpredictably warm (compared to boarder Tees from last SS).

Re: sizing: I had to go up a size (to Large) in all of the current (SS15)  FW14 season's shirts. Past few seasons I was a solid Medium. Bummed I had to proxy stuff that I already purchased but it's not the end of the world.

Edited by Al6ert

nice pickups Max and Blue! I've got that cardigan (x2) and that cherokee in Red plaid. 

Anyone pick up the wool long sleeve boarder from last season? Wish I could have found duplicates in that as its perfect and unpredictably warm (compared to boarder Tees from last SS).

Re: sizing: I had to go up a size (to Large) in all of the current (SS15) season's shirts. Past few seasons I was a solid Medium. Bummed I had to proxy stuff that I already purchased but it's not the end of the world.

Dang, really? What are the measurements for the shirts you got since I'm also a M or even sometimes S. Also, did you happen to see any of the Jack Tars where you bought your stuff from? Browsing through the stockists and I don't see it unless it's not shipped out yet to the retailers.

Dang, really? What are the measurements for the shirts you got since I'm also a M or even sometimes S. Also, did you happen to see any of the Jack Tars where you bought your stuff from? Browsing through the stockists and I don't see it unless it's not shipped out yet to the retailers.

Sorry, I misspoke. I had to go up size in FW14. You're right...not sure if SS hit store yet.

However: Given the spread in sizes for Jack Tars I'd safely say size up to M if you are on the fence. 

If you'd like...I can put some measurements up for the Cherokee and Gallant in Size Medium that I am going to be unloading (due to smaller size).

Edited by Al6ert

Good news ya'll.. the new Stevenson fit is coming out March 1st.  Straight tapered, medium rise, slightly different details than the 727 fit.

Pending measurements I'll be ordering a pair.

If you can divulge, what details are slightly different?

Just the shape and stitching of the coin pocket, that's it really.