vincent

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am i reading this right?

are you all complaining about prices?

on superfuture????

I don't find the prices for their new collection to be out of line with prices from the past. You can't really complain about a twenty dollar mark up from the past, prices go up for many reasons, one of them could be that they're trying to calm down the storm of purchases by raising their prices to stay exclusive. As ugly as it sounds, you'd be surprised how many designers do this on purpose.

I think the reason that people are complaining is that the they view APC as an 'economical' brand in the marketplace. I'm a fan of the brand and purchase many of their items. When I see a shirt that is marked up $20 from the previous season, without any change to the materials you have to question is it justified.

I'm liking the simplicity of the women's collection, the men's seems a little more affected for some reason, which doesn't merge well with my image of the brand. I know the garments available in the stores will include some interesting pieces though; has this ever been otherwise?

I think the reason that people are complaining is that the they view APC as an 'economical' brand in the marketplace.

I think the issue is that, for me, I have viewed A.P.C. as an economical, well-designed and quality supplier for basic items as this fellow put it. Even moderate increases in price on the cheaper, more basic items (polos, shirts) just takes more out of my ability to buy more interesting pieces when I have to pay more for basics. Nitpicky, yes, but I'm a very conservative buyer (rarely buy not on sale, eBay, etc...) in addition to the fact that I have essentially next to no money to spend on clothing.

yeah, the slogans are pretty ridiculous. Let's not forget Kick out the Jams and the Ramones t-shirt, rather dubious. As for the black new standards, they were on the site for the f/w collection, they've just been sold out since last year's s/s. Maybe, they'll get more if they keep 'em on there even though they're all sold out.