martin margiela aids v-neck

Guest jmatsu

i have been trying to collect these. can someone tell me which colors i'm missing? what season did they first start at (around 7 years ago)?

also, in japan the price is obviously higher then $70-$80. i've seen certain colors go astromical over 8400yen (years ago when the yen was weak the price was obviously alittle lower) even in legitimate boutiques with the appropriate mm account. exactly just how much money goes to fight aids (from japan and in the west)? what is the wholesale price? do they still re-print and sell older seaons' colors at the maison boutique in paris (rumored)?

do people like them as much as i (maybe that one mod does...)?

i own:

white on red, gold on black, black on black,white on brown, baby-blue on off white, blue on green, white on purple, silver on black, black on white, and black on orange.

what am i missing?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have been trying to collect these. can someone tell me which colors i'm missing? what season did they first start at (around 7 years ago)?

also, in japan the price is obviously higher then $70-$80. i've seen certain colors go astromical over 8400yen (years ago when the yen was weak the price was obviously alittle lower) even in legitimate boutiques with the appropriate mm account. exactly just how much money goes to fight aids (from japan and in the west)? what is the wholesale price? do they still re-print and sell older seaons' colors at the maison boutique in paris (rumored)?

do people like them as much as i (maybe that one mod does...)?

i own:

white on red, gold on black, black on black,white on brown, baby-blue on off white, blue on green, white on purple, silver on black, black on white, and black on orange.

what am i missing?

Do you mind posting pictures of the shirts you have so far? :cool:

I think you're missing blue on black.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/BNWT-MARTIN-MARGIELA-AIDS-AWARENESS-T-SHIRT-COMME-DES-L_W0QQitemZ300070644489QQihZ020QQcategoryZ15687QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I like them too and have been trying to find out the same information as you, especially the percentage of profits going to fight aids.

I like them too and have been trying to find out the same information as you, especially the percentage of profits going to fight aids.

yeah i forgot about this one (i didn't even look at the link). thanks. i remember i also don't need white on beige.

i only have the white on purple. i wish i had the white on red and the powder blue on offwhite.

i recall when luis vuitton ripped off the aids tee and gave their version out to their vips and fashion show guests. i really want that!!

pink on navy.

i remember this one. it was like 3 years ago, right? i have a small and need a medium. where can i get this besides ebay and high priced japselect shops?

i hope you all know when a major brand does shit like this only a small percentage goes to the cause. i think its somethink like less than 10% of the total cost of the shirt or product in question. Also you need to factor in, where are these clothes being made? Does the company produce its clothing in sweatshops? For instance Nike makes all their products in sweatshops in other countries for something like a few cents for a 12 hour work day which are forced working 7 days a week. Would it make sence to buy something from nike saying "a percentage of sales will go to fight poverty." Sure americans might buy it for a good cause but support a worst cause, legal slavery.

i hope you all know when a major brand does shit like this only a small percentage goes to the cause. i think its somethink like less than 10% of the total cost of the shirt or product in question. Also you need to factor in, where are these clothes being made? Does the company produce its clothing in sweatshops? For instance Nike makes all their products in sweatshops in other countries for something like a few cents for a 12 hour work day which are forced working 7 days a week. Would it make sence to buy something from nike saying "a percentage of sales will go to fight poverty." Sure americans might buy it for a good cause but support a worst cause, legal slavery.

well it's better then nothing. the way you write your reply makes me not give a shit anymore. honestly, i would still buy these regardless of the fact. i don't care if these are made in sweatshops(or about other products made in them either) because none of my relatives or friends come from 3rd world exploitable countries.