minya

• 2 weeks later...

Bought and ended up having to sell a pair of cargoes from last fw season Julius because of... height issues.

27850.jpg

27853.jpg

shaped like jodhpurs because of two of the biggest pockets i've ever seen on the thighs that wrap around the leg. not kidding i could fit my entire arm into there and then some

The taper on those is crazy. I personally love my Ann Demeulemeester Cargos. Have a "smarter" cut than a lot of cargos so I can wear them to restaurants that have dress codes and not question it. Wish I could gain some weight so they fit me better though. 

zipped_hem_combat_pant-2-364x548.jpg

Edited by Littlest Senpai

Why would restaurant dress codes be a criteria when buying fucking cargo pants? Do you look for smart casual sneakers? If there is a real dress code at a restaurant wear some fucking slacks. You're the kind of kid who figures his army boots are ok footwear for a funeral.

I think you misinterpreted my post. All I was saying is that "I" enjoy "MY" ann d cargos because they aren't overly casual, yet casual enough. I have yet to ever wear these to a restaurant with a dress code and don't ever see myself doing that. All I was trying to get across is these cargos are less "cool dad casual" than a lot of cargos are and that is why I like them. You're trying to dig into this too hard and make judgments about my life out of a cargo post? I don't see it. My point was that for people who are similar to me and wanted something a bit more structured that traditional cargos yet more casual than slacks these cargos could be a good option for you. 

What's Julius sizing run like? I'm a medium 32-33 (cuz big butt) in most stuff (acronym/nike/almost all vendors), but size 2 seems like it's like a US small?

They use Japanese 1, 2, 3 sizing. I have to wear a 1 which in my experience is anywhere from 28-30. Going off of that 2 would be 30-32 and 3, 32-33ish. Rule of thumb with Japanese sizing is always to go by measurements though, things like Lad sizing always throws me for a spin

They use Japanese 1, 2, 3 sizing. I have to wear a 1 which in my experience is anywhere from 28-30. Going off of that 2 would be 30-32 and 3, 32-33ish. Rule of thumb with Japanese sizing is always to go by measurements though, things like Lad sizing always throws me for a spin

Out of curiosity, how tall are you?  I'm thinking of buy a pair off the boards (size 1), but it has a zippered leg, so altering is kind of out of the question.  I'm 5'7, and the measured hem is 30 inches, and I think I'm closer to a 28-29.  Thanks :)

Thanks a lot. I was leaning more towards 3, and this information helped confirm it. :) 

Out of curiosity, how tall are you?  I'm thinking of buy a pair off the boards (size 1), but it has a zippered leg, so altering is kind of out of the question.  I'm 5'7, and the measured hem is 30 inches, and I think I'm closer to a 28-29.  Thanks :)

5'7 just like you :)

My legs are pretty short though and inseams of 30 and over give me lots of stacks. if it's got a zippered leg and a small-ish leg opening that could lead to some interesting leg shapes

5'7 just like you :)

My legs are pretty short though and inseams of 30 and over give me lots of stacks. if it's got a zippered leg and a small-ish leg opening that could lead to some interesting leg shapes

Thanks for the reply.  Haha I'll see how it goes.......

Theres a pair of Julius Gas Mask Cargos in size 1 on grailed right now. Just thought I'd throw that out there as a lot of people on here seem to like those, and size 1 is pretty hard to come by. 

I think you misinterpreted my post. All I was saying is that "I" enjoy "MY" ann d cargos because they aren't overly casual, yet casual enough. I have yet to ever wear these to a restaurant with a dress code and don't ever see myself doing that. All I was trying to get across is these cargos are less "cool dad casual" than a lot of cargos are and that is why I like them. You're trying to dig into this too hard and make judgments about my life out of a cargo post? I don't see it. My point was that for people who are similar to me and wanted something a bit more structured that traditional cargos yet more casual than slacks these cargos could be a good option for you. 

I tried those cargos when they came out a little while back. Awesome, wish I bought. I would wear to fancy restaurant. Fuck 'em - they'd probably be the best pants in the room.

Anyone had a chance to check out these undercover cropped cargos? There's a pair for sale on grailed I might pick up. Just wondering how to look in real life as everything looks better in a lookbook.

undercover-fw-13-3.jpg

pay close attention to measurements. I'd wager that model is ~6 foot or taller and those are cuffed and cut perfectly to his height.

Model is 194 cm tall, with 80 cm chest, 60 cm waist and weighs 54 kg.  Model is wearing a size 1.

I answered my own question and ended up just copping them. That's actually a good thing as I'm 5'8 and have a family friend who does alterations so I can have it shaped up to fit me how I'd like. Better long than short imo.

But thanks to both of you

Edited by Littlest Senpai

I answered my own question and ended up just copping them. That's actually a good thing as I'm 5'8 and have a family friend who does alterations so I can have it shaped up to fit me how I'd like. Better long than short imo.

But thanks to both of you

LOL.  I was being sarcastic about the ridiculous measurements models have.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...